King Kong Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only problem with Jackson's Kong, is the boat scene is too long.

Other then that, the movie's great.

Jackson's Kong was about 45 minutes too long. I remembered thinking "When is this gonna end." With a good editor or giving someone else final cut it could be been great. Instead they released a Director's cut that was another half hour longer. I really liked the longer cuts of all three LotR so it's not like I'm against 3-hour+ movies, but saw zero reason to subject myself to even more Kong (heck what did he do, fight yet another dinosaur, or go sledding after the ice skating sequence). I'd love it if someone did a shortened version just to cut out the excess and scenes that stopped the story cold or dragged it out too long. It's an astonishing movie at its core with amazing visuals, astonishing sequences and very good performances.

Exactly. So much useless fat can be trimmed from that flick it's unreal. I get flashbacks of that cringeworthy dinosaur stampede/pile up that went on for about 15 minutes :lol

I really like Jackson's King Kong, but I recently watched the Director's Cut for the first time and I agree that one is too long.
I never had any problem with the long runtime of the theatrical release, but all the added scenes in the DC are pretty much meaningless. An attack by some aquatic dinosaur/fish/monster things, quite boring. Some other dinosaurs... extended insect attack... A truck full of annoying soldiers... Eh, I won't be watching that one anytime soon. For me it's just the theatrical cut, thank you.

Am I the only one who wants to see a Planet of the Apes flick where some lost Ape sailors find Skull Island and Kong within its borders?:lol

Especially the story about the guy who committed suicide because he saw a giant monkey lmao. I found that to be so forced.

New godzilla movie incoming. Crossover with Kong and GDT directs. Instagold.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Giant monsters were created for the sole purpose of fighting other giant monsters sir.

LOVED Jackson's King Kong.
Personally I was glad he took time to pay attention to the story rather than going straight to Kong and big action sequences a la BayFormers....
Very interested in this. I like Marshall's work too...:monkey1....

:exactly: Agreed.

Ehh - it's the instant gratification generation.. :huh :lol
Yup. Great film.

Interesting that it's getting a sequel after all these years.

So if it's a sequel will we be seeing the same skull island etc? Or is it one of those sequels that says it's a sequel but then changes everything?...

Kong Versus Godzilla? Wouldn't they have to dramatically shrink Godzilla for that to be even close to a fair fight? That or massively increase the size of Kong.

Kong Versus Godzilla? Wouldn't they have to dramatically shrink Godzilla for that to be even close to a fair fight? That or massively increase the size of Kong.

They did the latter in KK vs G.

2AC8B55B-ADC1-4A14-984F-B950557AAAD2-1027-000000F31AB485D8_zpsa9e12790.jpg

Back