King Kong Sequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing I don't like about the 2005 film is that he turned Kong into mighty Joe Young, he's supposed to be a savage monster not go ice skating in central park with the chick:slap

I enjoyed the first Kong upon first viewing. But I don't like the cast. Haven't watched it more than once since it came out in all these years.

Similarly, I didn't watch the Jackson one again after seeing it in the theaters. Seemed good for what it was (as films go, it seemed well made), but nothing so special or interesting as to make me want to see it again. Hopefully this sequel, if it happens, will be worth watching.

Similarly, I didn't watch the Jackson one again after seeing it in the theaters. Seemed good for what it was (as films go, it seemed well made), but nothing so special or interesting as to make me want to see it again. Hopefully this sequel, if it happens, will be worth watching.
This.

Kong vs Godzilla = fail.
:exactly: :monkey4

Eh I'll give it a shot, I didn't like that Jack Black one at all.

The thing I don't like about the 2005 film is that he turned Kong into mighty Joe Young, he's supposed to be a savage monster not go ice skating in central park with the chick:slap

I also didn't like 2005 Kong at all, I know I am one of the few but I actually hate that movie. I saw it once and I couldn't stand it...

And like Irvy said, why did they make him more like mighty Joe Young? :lol

Jackson's Kong was about 45 minutes too long. I remembered thinking "When is this gonna end." With a good editor or giving someone else final cut it could be been great. Instead they released a Director's cut that was another half hour longer. I really liked the longer cuts of all three LotR so it's not like I'm against 3-hour+ movies, but saw zero reason to subject myself to even more Kong (heck what did he do, fight yet another dinosaur, or go sledding after the ice skating sequence). I'd love it if someone did a shortened version just to cut out the excess and scenes that stopped the story cold or dragged it out too long. It's an astonishing movie at its core with amazing visuals, astonishing sequences and very good performances.

I like the prehistoric world of 2005 kong but the Empire State Building battle could of been done much better IMO.

Well then scene. I just thought it could of been done better. Everything else like skull island was great.

Sequel? With dead Kong?
yes, except it will be more logical than when they carried on after killing Captain America off :lol...

...in it Carl Denham and Jack Driscoll return to Skull Island and learn more about the history of Kong and the natives.

yes, except it will be more logical than when they carried on after killing Captain America off :lol...

I'm no Brubacher apologist. Killing Cap was stupid. But as far as I'm concerned the series ended wish issue 454 so I'm good. :)

...in it Carl Denham and Jack Driscoll return to Skull Island and learn more about the history of Kong and the natives.

That could be cool. I saw people posting about "Kong being vicious again" or whatever with this new movie and assumed they were going to pretend he didn't die or something.

PJ's Kong was brilliant and one of my all time favorite films. But I'd be down for Black and Brody returning for some mindless mayhem on Skull Island.

Last edited:
I'm no Brubacher apologist. Killing Cap was stupid. But as far as I'm concerned the series ended wish issue 454 so I'm good. :)

That could be cool. I saw people posting about "Kong being vicious" again or whatever with this new movie and assumed they were going to pretend he didn't die or something.

PJ's Kong was brilliant and one of my all time favorite films. But I'd be down for Black and Brody returning for some mindless mayhem on Skull Island.

Count me in for that too, but there's got to be a giant monster in there somewhere too, and not just Brody's giant monster of a nose. :horror

its like the comicbook world. If there is money to be made, it can come back to life.
Im guessing they find another Kong. Except this one has a thorn in his toe.... :monkey1...

Back