King Hulk Premium format figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man...this piece is getting harder and harder to resist!! :banghead I cancelled my Gladiator Hulk in the end as I had other pieces that I wanted to purchase more...looking back now, the Gladiator Hulk, in my opinion, just lacked something for me and I couldn't quite put my finger on it :( but since seeing the inhand pics of King Hulk, I'm liking it so much more than Gladiator Hulk and now its becoming more and more difficult to resist....:gah:

resist it, this King Hulk isn't comic accurate. the armored arm isn't totally wrap around like a glove. the skirt isn't that accurate as well. sad to say that the gladiator hulk isn't accurate as well, more like 80% accurate. they should make something like Green Scar vs Silver Savage, but in 1/4

resist it, this King Hulk isn't comic accurate. the armored arm isn't totally wrap around like a glove. the skirt isn't that accurate as well. sad to say that the gladiator hulk isn't accurate as well, more like 80% accurate. they should make something like Green Scar vs Silver Savage, but in 1/4

WTF!? Serious?....Mr. Green just made my decision a whole lot harder!!!! :lol :lol

WTF!? Serious?....Mr. Green just made my decision a whole lot harder!!!! :lol :lol

does this SSC's King Hulk look like the pic below? no. sure it is based on oliveri but still, SSC went too far to make it look like puni human gladiator. just google King Hulk comic and images, and u'll see the big diff. in similar way, hulkbuster comiquette is nice but wrong. the real hulkbuster, the one that battle King Hulk in the comic, is crude and not meant to battle hulk but to inject him with nano bot. Mr. Green prefer a more accurate Gladiator Hulk or King Hulk, even though he bought the Gladiator Hulk. hopefully XM won't screw around and make a true comic accurate version.

wwhqb2.jpg

Mr. Green is talking out his a$$.... Yes its not comic accurate... BUT SO WHAT! Close Enough and dare I say he looks better then the comic... Not too mention if you want to base it on comic accuracy wouldn't you want it to look like John Romita, Jr art?? I say HELL NO!!!! Just look at that pic Mr. Green posted and imagine that fugly thing in your house.

His art is far from Elite... This statue is ELITE!

Oh and thank goodness that the sculpters strayed away from the Ariel Olivetti art.

Oh and the Statue looks to be based more on the WWH vs X-men art. It was also a better series then WWH.... Mostly because J.R. jr... art almost ruins it.

3510136-world_war_hulk_-_x-men_%23002_010.jpg

Mr. Green is talking out his a$$.... Yes its not comic accurate... BUT SO WHAT! Close Enough and dare I say he looks better then the comic... Not too mention if you want to base it on comic accuracy wouldn't you want it to look like John Romita, Jr art?? I say HELL NO!!!! Just look at that pic Mr. Green posted and imagine that fugly thing in your house.

His art is far from Elite... This statue is ELITE!

Oh and thank goodness that the sculpters strayed away from the Ariel Olivetti art.
Oh and the Statue looks to be based more on the WWH vs X-men art. It was also a better series then WWH.... Mostly because J.R. jr... art almost ruins it.

3510136-world_war_hulk_-_x-men_%23002_010.jpg

hehe, not saying it should be Romita Jr. not all WWH's comic cover is done by Romita Jr. just what he wear. but it definitely stylize from Ariel Olivetti art. SSC even state it: "•Ariel Olivetti (Design)". the armor is not completely wrap around and the belt too is not the same. his right hand got leather wrapping which isn't great for a king. other pic got him wearing metal bracelet on his right arm. sword got different sword guard. SSC is cutting corner by using the same sculpt from Gladiator Hulk.

hehe, not saying it should be Romita Jr. not all WWH's comic cover is done by Romita Jr. just what he wear. but it definitely stylize from Ariel Olivetti art. SSC even state it: "•Ariel Olivetti (Design)". the armor is not completely wrap around and the belt too is not the same. his right hand got leather wrapping which isn't great for a king. other pic got him wearing metal bracelet on his right arm. sword got different sword guard. SSC is cutting corner by using the same sculpt from Gladiator Hulk.

True that that based it on Olivetti... It's just not as close as a sculpt to the original art as say the Comiquette was. I would not have bought the statue that looked just like Olivetti's original art.

But yeah there are differences... But IMO this soul and spirit are there and some things are an improvement over the original design... Such as the loin cloth and the boots... I prefer both on the statue over the comic art.

did you guys have trouble getting the axe in? Mine feels like it will snap if I try and push too hard.

also, where do those 4 spike things go?

did you guys have trouble getting the axe in? Mine feels like it will snap if I try and push too hard.

No problem with the Ax...

The three pipes go in the back of the base... You can see three little holes... If you go back and look for pics you will see where they go.

Congrats to those that got this piece but he was not for me. Would not have fit in my collection.

My axe was a very tight fit and took some force to insert. I just took a lot of care to make sure it was perfectly aligned. Eventually, I got it to go all the way in.

Back