Action Figure King Arts - Avengers AoU - Hulkbuster (Diecast 1/9 Scale)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legend.

Movie has been out for a bit now, & I don't think KA has officially made any announcements concerning extra parts or features. Maybe the fact that you could put the MkXLIII in the Hulkbuster was what KA had to be hush hush about previously, & there is nothing new?

Also, 40%-70% diecast for previous figures? Wonder which end of the spectrum the Hulkbuster will be?

Legend.

Movie has been out for a bit now, & I don't think KA has officially made any announcements concerning extra parts or features. Maybe the fact that you could put the MkXLIII in the Hulkbuster was what KA had to be hush hush about previously, & there is nothing new?

Also, 40%-70% diecast for previous figures? Wonder which end of the spectrum the Hulkbuster will be?

Well it was noted that it was an extra accessory. Not a feature. Both HT and KA Hulkbusters have it. If you say it's going to be the Mark 45.. it wouldn't make sense.. because the KA Hulkbuster wouldn't have it. It would be something that will come with the Hulkbuster purchase itself. At least that's my theory. Perhaps it could be Veronica? or the punching arm? I guess we will have to wait and see.

Haha Lawrence has a hard-on for that diecast.

Yeah I know. I personally don't get the big deal. If it where made of like carbon fiber or some real space age material then ok. But cheap metal they use in hot wheels? Not that big a selling point for me.

Yeah I know. I personally don't get the big deal. If it where made of like carbon fiber or some real space age material then ok. But cheap metal they use in hot wheels? Not that big a selling point for me.

For me, Die Cast is a bonus. The fact that you can take apart the head/chest unit is awesome. IMO, it really gives it the parts flying in some depth to the figure.

Not a big fan of the die cast. I have three die cast iron man and 9 plastic ones. I see no difference when they are sitting on the shelves. They feel a bit nicer in your hand, but I also think they are harder to pose. With the price premium for die cast, I'd prefer they go back to using plastic.

Not a big fan of the die cast. I have three die cast iron man and 9 plastic ones. I see no difference when they are sitting on the shelves. They feel a bit nicer in your hand, but I also think they are harder to pose. With the price premium for die cast, I'd prefer they go back to using plastic.

:goodpost::exactly:

For me, Die Cast is a bonus. The fact that you can take apart the head/chest unit is awesome. IMO, it really gives it the parts flying in some depth to the figure.

I'm not sure what you mean by depth? Diecast offers no added detail over plastic. It's single function and use is weight. Plastic can hold paint better, reproduce detail better, is more durable. The only thing diecast has over it is weight. That's it. On appearance there is no way to distinguish. So if you mean it adds weight, ok. Everything else you mentioned..depth and features are not a product of diecast. You can do exactly the same with standard plastic.

That's what I'm getting at. The only thing it adds is weight and cost. Both of which I can happily live without.

I'm not sure what you mean by depth? Diecast offers no added detail over plastic. It's single function and use is weight. Plastic can hold paint better, reproduce detail better, is more durable. The only thing diecast has over it is weight. That's it. On appearance there is no way to distinguish. So if you mean it adds weight, ok. Everything else you mentioned..depth and features are not a product of diecast. You can do exactly the same with standard plastic.

That's what I'm getting at. The only thing it adds is weight and cost. Both of which I can happily live without.

i'm with you on this one. :hi5:

I was talking about the Gimmicks between the KA and HT. You can literally lift parts off the Hulkbuster for the KA version.. cause it's held on by magnets. I did not say because it had diecast it added depth.. I said it was a bonus to the figure for me.

Haha Lawrence has a hard-on for that diecast.
If you guys are trying to deter me from getting this figure for the HT version, there's no need. I like both for different reasons, & plan on getting both. I've already placed my pre order for the KA HB locally, & I can get it to my door for less than half the price (by my approximate) it would take me to get the HT Hulkbuster to my door. So however negatively you feel about the KA figure, at least it's good value in comparison, for my personal situation.

To my door approximates.
KA $491.62US vs HT $1033.12US

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it doesn't include the MKXLIII, but it's not absolutely needed to display the KA HB. It can be used as a standalone piece. Getting the KA MKXLIII is a personal preference for me, but I'd guess I could still enjoy the KA HB without it.

If you guys are trying to deter me from getting this figure for the HT version, there's no need. I like both for different reasons, & plan on getting both. I've already placed my pre order for the KA HB locally, & I can get it to my door for less than half the price (by my approximate) it would take me to get the HT Hulkbuster to my door. So however negatively you feel about the KA figure, at least it's good value in comparison, for my personal situation.

To my door approximates.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it doesn't include the MKXLIII, but it's not absolutely needed to display the KA HB. It can be used as a standalone piece. Getting the KA MKXLIII is a personal preference for me, but I'd guess I could still enjoy the KA HB without it.

great man. :clap
doesnt matter what people said, as long as you are happy, do it.
after all its your money, and you are buying for your own self satisfaction.
what others said/think doesnt matter.
sure people can ask and give their opinions.
the one that have the final say is u. :rock
(thats a principle i try to live on)

Cheers Poseidon. I like reading peeps opinions on things, because it can help at times, but like everyone else in here, the final say to buy or not is their own (unless their partner has a say as well). Only when the figure/s are in my hands will I really know whether I made a good decision or not. For now, I'll stay excited :lol

Cheers Poseidon. I like reading peeps opinions on things, because it can help at times, but like everyone else in here, the final say to buy or not is their own (unless their partner has a say as well). Only when the figure/s are in my hands will I really know whether I made a good decision or not. For now, I'll stay excited :lol

true. and aint thats why we all collect in the 1st place. to be excited.

To my door approximates.

Not trying to deter at all. Just voice my own opinion. Spend your money how you want.

I just don't get the love for diecast. I

Not trying to deter ... though it seems like it won't be necessary if the diecast isn't as high a percentage as you want it to be Lawrence ha

Good post.

Imo the dc HT IM figures are better overall than the plastic predecessors, as HT has added articulation to them that allows you more pose options that the plastic ones can't achieve. That is the major selling point to me.

The weight of the dc figure in hand does add a sense of quality to the purchase which is always a plus b/c let's be honest - who wants to feel like they got a cheap pos? :lol The plastic ones do not feel cheap to me, but many others in the past have posted they feel the plastic is cheap in hand so it's important to understand that opinion and just accept it, not try to talk them out of it.

In the end, the margin of how much better the dc figure is over the plastic figures overall just isn't large enough to make me happy with the price hikes that HT has been employing at this time. If I have a choice of paying $250 for a plastic fig or $350+ for a dc figure I'm taking the plastic figure in the long run.

Good post.

Imo the dc HT IM figures are better overall than the plastic predecessors, as HT has added articulation to them that allows you more pose options that the plastic ones can't achieve. That is the major selling point to me.

The weight of the dc figure in hand does add a sense of quality to the purchase which is always a plus b/c let's be honest - who wants to feel like they got a cheap pos? :lol The plastic ones do not feel cheap to me, but many others in the past have posted they feel the plastic is cheap in hand so it's important to understand that opinion and just accept it, not try to talk them out of it.

In the end, the margin of how much better the dc figure is over the plastic figures overall just isn't large enough to make me happy with the price hikes that HT has been employing at this time. If I have a choice of paying $250 for a plastic fig or $350+ for a dc figure I'm taking the plastic figure in the long run.

:goodpost::exactly:

Good post.

I'm one of those people that starting collecting HT Iron Man and was disappointed with the cheap plastic feel when I had them in hand. Ended up selling them all and bought statues. Now I will be testing the waters with the KA versions. I'm hoping the diecast gives it more quality when myself and others see them. And I like the smaller scale in terms of long term space concerns for an entire collection. Plus a standard KA Iron Man diecast figure is almost half the price delivered for me compared to a HT version. As long as I like the first couple figures that I have preordered, then I'll be in for the long haul.
But I agree that it's nice to talk about our own preferences and concerns but we should all just buy the things that WE enjoy and make US happy! That's what a hobby is all about!

Back