Kindle Fire HD good for digital comics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. I just got my Kindle Fire HD this afternoon and all I can say is, "Wow!" The display is incredible. Vibrant and sharp picture! Very nice. I don't think I will regret this purchase anytime soon. Now I've got to go find some apps...

If you are thinking about getting this, I highly recommend it.

Ok. I just got my Kindle Fire HD this afternoon and all I can say is, "Wow!" The display is incredible. Vibrant and sharp picture! Very nice. I don't think I will regret this purchase anytime soon. Now I've got to go find some apps...

If you are thinking about getting this, I highly recommend it.
I am glad to hear you love it. First movie I tried on it was Rango on the free trial. Awesome

It's ok, if your used to print (like I am) it does take some getting used too. I just don't plan on getting used to it.

It's ok, if your used to print (like I am) it does take some getting used too. I just don't plan on getting used to it.

I don't have any more room for printed comics :lol That's pretty much the main reason I am looking into getting one. Would love to have all my comics on one device.

I don't have any more room for printed comics :lol That's pretty much the main reason I am looking into getting one. Would love to have all my comics on one device.

I still have about 3,000 that mean something or full runs. I still have the 1st 25 that my grandmother bought me off the news stand.

Where I live you can't buy comics. I did buy a number of star wars about 5 months ago. It just didn't feel the same.

About to pick one of these up I think. What size did you all end up going with? I want the 7" since it is only $199, but didnt know if that was to small for reading comics and watching movies on.

About to pick one of these up I think. What size did you all end up going with? I want the 7" since it is only $199, but didnt know if that was to small for reading comics and watching movies on.

I have the 1st kindle and the 8.9 with 4G (only for the 64gb). Both are fine. But I drop my comics by usb. Still like paper. But I will always say that.

Also I have a ton of comics in cbr format is their a way to read those on it as well?

I got a small Kindle for Christmas, and unless there is a zoom feature I suspect it will be a bit small for reading comics. But your mileage may vary.

I have a 7" (32 GB) and I find it just fine for comics. Sometimes I zoom but I haven't had any problems. Each person is different.

Also I have a ton of comics in cbr format is their a way to read those on it as well?

I actually picked up an 8.9 16GB and it works great for cbr files with the app called ComiCat. I actually like it alot better than the tablet I used to have and with the 1920x1200 HD display I have not needed to zoom at all yet. The whole thing is the size of a hardcover book and it very comfortable to hold wherever I am sitting.

I have a 7" (32 GB) and I find it just fine for comics. Sometimes I zoom but I haven't had any problems. Each person is different.

Glad to hear that! This is going to be mainly use for comics. Least their is a zoom on it. Also isn't their a option in the comixology app to read frame by frame?

Ive been reading on the internet about problems with the Comixology app have any of you all experienced any problems with it? Probably picking one up tommorow! :D

Ive been reading on the internet about problems with the Comixology app have any of you all experienced any problems with it? Probably picking one up tommorow! :D

I have an iPad 3 and the only problem I've experienced with the app is how quickly I spend my money on comics.

I have an iPad 3 and the only problem I've experienced with the app is how quickly I spend my money on comics.

I hear it is just for kindle fire. Something about DC comics not showing up? Which doesn't really bother me because I pretty much just read image and some smaller stuff.

I hear it is just for kindle fire. Something about DC comics not showing up? Which doesn't really bother me because I pretty much just read image and some smaller stuff.

I personally haven't had that problem. To be honest, each app has a set of problems they go through from time to time. Comixology is not the only comic app available for the kindle. So if you experience issues, you should still be okay.

I personally haven't had that problem. To be honest, each app has a set of problems they go through from time to time. Comixology is not the only comic app available for the kindle. So if you experience issues, you should still be okay.

Thanks Buffy! Going to try and pick a kindle up today. Depending on how dirty I am after work. I already have a ton of comics and novels I want to read.

Back