Kids Logic - Robotech/Macross - SDF-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I obviously can't speak for everyone, but for myself I'm a Robotech/Macross fanatic and so I will be buying the SDF-1, the Cyclone Ride Armor, and I already have preordered the cockpit. It may not show around these boards but I think the fan base for this stuff is a lot larger then we may think.

I obviously can't speak for everyone, but for myself I'm a Robotech/Macross fanatic and so I will be buying the SDF-1, the Cyclone Ride Armor, and I already have preordered the cockpit. It may not show around these boards but I think the fan base for this stuff is a lot larger then we may think.

the fan base is definitely big, i mean how many Macross/Robotech shows have there been since the 1st one, and most of them have gathered their own fanbase, even Macross 7.

but like Dragonball & other big hits, most fans can only stand behind the fence and watch as theses stuffs ain't exactly affordable. yes they cost less than a car but i believe to many it's alot of commitments and like i said space on top of money.

and we all know how many Macross merchandise there has been since day 1, so if you are ordering the SDF/Cyclone/Cockpit i would have to assume you already have a fleet of veritechs of all scales & makes. which makes folks whom order these big ticket items beyond hardcore.

i doubt there are fans who never really collected much macross stuffs and decided to order these Kids Logics, as it would sound more affordable & you probably have space for 4 big items. i believe those 1/60 & 1/40 veritechs would probably cost way more than $5000.

hell i wouldn't even mind a 1/6 Full size veritech if i'm starting fresh. but based on what i see on Macrossworld, folks are crazy on robotechs. many don't just collect robotechs, which makes them even more crazy.

If it had not taken this long to come out with high-end Robeotech stuff, I probably would have been buying already. I used to have the a lot of stuff from when I was a kid and sold off a lot of it, even my mospedia cyclone and alpha fighter. Yes this stuff is expensive, but seems like everything is in this hobby. And like everything else you'll just have to pick and choose as best you can. I'd like to get something Robotech related, Prime 1 still has yet to unveil their line, so there's yet more to see.

SDF-1 looks fantastic, it's just to large and $$$ as there are other items that I want more from other lines.

so there's 500 fans willing to chuck out $2000 for the cockpit, but that is before all the other announcements. right now they are announcing alot of stuffs and that's alot of money in there. IMO if they announced them 1 by 1 they would have made better sales for each item. not everyone can splash out $5000 for all the stuffs they are announcing.

and i doubt folks in China are the major buyers. they may be rich but they ain't crazy. $5000 alot of money over there even for millionaires. For Europeans & Americans i guess $5000 is alot more affordable, and theres more space for display which IMO is the main concern.
I'm not here to argue with you.
I'm just saying there are people who will spend that money - if quality/value meet their expectation.
Just look at sideshow legendary scale figure series. most of them price ranged from $2000+ and they are selling well. not many in stock - mostly pre-orders.
Also there are many people with huge rooms.

Don't get me wrong thou. I want them to slow down and make things a little smaller and less expensive as well.
They just might do that later.

Yamato also made their 1/2000 movie SDF-1 and sold @ high price - later they released 1/3000 version - (and also kit version later)
Just needed to wait

I wouldn't want them to make smaller products. I love that they've tackled a 1/6 scale cockpit. The price is...what it is, I guess; at least it's available. I just personally have to be selective because if I were to afford one of them, I would only be able to afford ONE. And as usual, companies drag their feet with the coolest characters in a given license. We never got a Rorschach from HT, and we never got a ___ (take your pick -- there are too many missed opportunities to mention) from Medicom, so I'm hoping we don't add Roy Fokker in his VF-1S to the list of neglected fan favorites.

For me, at least I want them to show what they are gonna make in the 1/6 cockpit series. - so that I can plan what to buy and put where.

What I really wanted was movie VF-1S cockpit, but that will need redesign of parts...

Edit: + 1/3000 TV SDF-1 (to go with my Yamato one)

I'm not here to argue with you.
I'm just saying there are people who will spend that money - if quality/value meet their expectation.
Just look at sideshow legendary scale figure series. most of them price ranged from $2000+ and they are selling well. not many in stock - mostly pre-orders.
Also there are many people with huge rooms.

Don't get me wrong thou. I want them to slow down and make things a little smaller and less expensive as well.
They just might do that later.

Yamato also made their 1/2000 movie SDF-1 and sold @ high price - later they released 1/3000 version - (and also kit version later)
Just needed to wait

well Yamato ended up bust. their stuffs are great and decent sized, but QC & i don't know what caused them to close. good thing Arcadia took over the torch but they are more expensive and 1/60 only.

not saying it's bad, but they should have come out long time ago.

if i were a fresh collector, i don't mind buying 4 piece of big ticket item since i should have room for them and these are probably the grails, despite lack of a complete Veritech, which i can probably source back the old Yamato ones.

but remember most macross collectors probably running out of display space by now.

note it cost more than a million if you want to be a serious robotech collectors, the toys may not cost that much, but you need a house with enough space to hold them, and also custom display cabinets, so in total you probably really need to be a millionaire to afford all these.

i feel good for folks who bought it. it's different from seeing someone purchase a Ferrari. too bad i'm not a millionaire.

For me, at least I want them to show what they are gonna make in the 1/6 cockpit series. - so that I can plan what to buy and put where.

What I really wanted was movie VF-1S cockpit, but that will need redesign of parts...

Edit: + 1/3000 TV SDF-1 (to go with my Yamato one)

from a buyer's point of view that would be best, but from a seller's point of view, that would kill off their potential sales.

the cost for R&D these stuffs aint' cheap, it's good to recycle same mold to customize for other characters, but when you announce multiple high end products at one time, you pit them against each other. remember we aren't talking about $50 figurarts lineup.

i hope Kidslogic can see the upcoming release as good as the VF-1J cockpit. would love to see how you folks display yours.

as for me, i can only afford the Toynami 1/6 pilots for now.

Can’t you all just enjoy these? I mean, buy Arcadia Valks if this is too much.

don't get me wrong i'm just wondering about kids logic's marketing direction from a business point of view.

these stuffs are considered Ferraris level in toy hobby, Ferrari don't announced 3 new models at the same time because it kills off potential sales for each model.

anyway, Arcadia's too rich for my blood too sadly. their 1/60 are priced x2 Yamato's 1/48..

Marketing direction?
Grab as much as cash in each quota
Dude It's warzone out there.
Hot toys pouring out new items like there is no tomorrow. Prime1 is also announcing new statues every week! Not to mention sideshow releasing items now and then.
Collectors have limited cash as you mentioned. Only way to win them is make something more attractive and fast! to get customers orders before other companies do.
They are doing darn fine job, if you ask me.

...when you announce multiple high end products at one time, you pit them against each other.

Totally. As a result, the collector's gamble: go hard on a VF-1J cockpit (the announcement of which was amazing and miraculous to begin with), or forfeit the pre-order window for that dream-come-true and wager everything on a potential VF-1S...

Btw, after figuring, "why not?" I sent this to Kids Logic awhile back Lol

jCV0pmb.png

Marketing direction?
Grab as much as cash in each quota
Dude It's warzone out there.
Hot toys pouring out new items like there is no tomorrow. Prime1 is also announcing new statues every week! Not to mention sideshow releasing items now and then.
Collectors have limited cash as you mentioned. Only way to win them is make something more attractive and fast! to get customers orders before other companies do.
They are doing darn fine job, if you ask me.

well, you forgot the part some folks collect stuffs based on line up. for those that ordered VF-1J cockpit, they might have had interest on continuing the line up, if they came later, how late? like after they finished paying up the VF-1J and eagerly awaits for the next product in the line up?

by announcing multiple products of same lineup even before the VF-1J is released, most collectors will probably stop at VF-1J, mainly due to money & space issue, and the fact they are forced to make a decision which they probably skip as they already have VF-1J on order. the SDF-1 might be exception but i can't imagine half the folks whom bought the VF-1J hikaru will preorder the max within such short period of time. many probably want to see how VF-1J turns up before deciding to commit to the whole line up.

if it were Figma or SHF or Neca or even He-Man which are affordable to most people, announcing multiple figures or whole line up all at once would help gain buyers into committing to full lineup as they would have no issues placing orders on them due to cost & space.

dude saying it like those that announce their products next year will make 0 sales because everyone already spent their cash on this year's purchase. look at sideshow 10 years back, they were the premium in 1/6, look at them now, people still buying 1/6 figures, just not that much on sideshow because better products coming out from other companies.

Robotech itself is a good example. Last time it was Bandai, then came Yamato & Toynami, now it's Arcardia, Bandai & Kids Logic & Toynami, people still buying them.

Totally. As a result, the collector's gamble: go hard on a VF-1J cockpit (the announcement of which was amazing and miraculous to begin with), or forfeit the pre-order window for that dream-come-true and wager everything on a potential VF-1S...

btw i though i'm the only one whom prefer VF-1S (Roy Fokker) over VF-1J (Hikaru), i heard many fans prefer VF-1J Hikaru due it it being the main character's mech until near the end where he took over VF-1S.

btw anyone prefer DYRL veritechs & uniforms over TV? never got used to DYRL scheme.

btw, since i'm not getting the cockpit, i've got an idea why not folks whom ordered them pester Kidslogic to come up with the full 1/6 veritech Paper craft template so buyers can just print them out and form a full Veritech?

btw anyone prefer DYRL veritechs & uniforms over TV? never got used to DYRL scheme.

Me, too. I wasn't into that uniform for DYRL, but I liked it a lot on Isamu in Macross Plus. I think it was because of the blue-and-yellow palette and how the pointed helmet and shoulder pads went well with the advanced look of the YF-19. Did they use that flight suit in Macross II? I haven't watched that in a long time.

Back