Kids Logic - Robotech/Macross - SDF-1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0050.JPG
IMG_0053.JPG

Wow! They are on a roll!!!
Kid's Logic! Respect!!

BTW, anyone else having problem with their home page? Mine says 'possible attack site' yesterday and it sends to their facebook page today

Kid's Logic! Respect!!

BTW, anyone else having problem with their home page? Mine says 'possible attack site' yesterday and it sends to their facebook page today
Yes I did. Just like you took me to Facebook

Kid's Logic! Respect!!

Yep i get a similar message

while most mech in the show looks cool, never really digged SDF-1 for some reason.

From the looks of these boards this license is not that popular. But from the looks of it it's still huge in Asia. Myself still have so much love for it.

That looks pretty cool. Again the led lights add a nice touch. I watched ROBOTECH all the time when I was pretty young, I think maybe most are just to old now...

Would have been cool too have very small destroids and veritechs on the carriers.

Last edited:
Not sure if I should start a new thread or add it to Rick/Hikaru's VF-1J thread, but...

kids%2Blogic%2Bvf1g-max%2Bver01.JPG

IMO kidslogic will fail on their sales because:

1.Too many announcement at the same time. People will be all over the fence which product in the lineup to get/PO.

2.High end pricing, no doubt for the size & details it justify the high price tag but coupled with point 1 means kidslogic killing their own products by pitting them against each other.

3.Big size means people will think twice about buying their products due to space constraint.

no doubt collectors will still buy them, but they will be very selective about which one they buy.

so in the end kidslogic may make sales but not as much as they could should they announce the products 1 by 1 and actually producing them instead of prototypes pilling up with no actual release.

seems like they are just testing the water with little intention to mass produce?

Yeah, I fall under that selective crowd, potato. I'm diehard when it comes to Robotech, Alpha, Macross, Plus, and Zero, but I'm almost certainly priced out. :(

The thing is their licenses are mostly for older generation (me included) with relatively and probably in better financial situation.
Also you can't overlook the billionaires in China and Dubai
Each limited run of 300-500 will sell in less than a year, and they know it.

Their $2,000 VF-1J cockpit (limited 500) was sold out in 4 months
Toynami/Cinemaquette $2,000 1/8 scale batmobile (limited 300?) was also sold out
There are always people who eagerly wait for next new item
There are always people who will still buy..

The thing is their licenses are mostly for older generation (me included) with relatively and probably in better financial situation.
Also you can't overlook the billionaires in China and Dubai
Each limited run of 300-500 will sell in less than a year, and they know it.

Their $2,000 VF-1J cockpit (limited 500) was sold out in 4 months
Toynami/Cinemaquette $2,000 1/8 scale batmobile (limited 300?) was also sold out
There are always people who eagerly wait for next new item
There are always people who will still buy..

so there's 500 fans willing to chuck out $2000 for the cockpit, but that is before all the other announcements. right now they are announcing alot of stuffs and that's alot of money in there. IMO if they announced them 1 by 1 they would have made better sales for each item. not everyone can splash out $5000 for all the stuffs they are announcing.

and i doubt folks in China are the major buyers. they may be rich but they ain't crazy. $5000 alot of money over there even for millionaires. For Europeans & Americans i guess $5000 is alot more affordable, and theres more space for display which IMO is the main concern.

Back