Kid pulls a detention for Superman Stunt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a future teacher, this would have made me laugh, but you also stop it right there. However ya don't give the kid a detention for something as innocent as this. Plus this is from May 06, a month before Superman Returns was released. Add that with the fact that there's "character points" makes me think this is a fairly young (non-high school) student. I honestly think the teacher overreacted - but I am going to save this for my student teaching class in the spring.

He gets away with it this week, next week three more kids pull stunts, the following week eight kids pull something. Now you have a teacher spending more time addressing these situations then they are actually teaching...

That's actually a good point, never thought of it like that.

Hairless and Ween do make good points. I agree that the teacher had to address this and make it known that the behavior was unacceptable. But I think the detention was a bit much. Unless the kid has been pulling these stunts alot, then it makes sense.

Yeah that's what I was getting at with the school board jab. I would have suggested he's a state senator or congressman, but I don't want to give a complete idiot too much credit. AKA I like to pretend that our politicians aren't complete idiots. :lol

Yeah that's what I was getting at with the school board jab. I would have suggested he's a state senator or congressman, but I don't want to give a complete idiot too much credit. AKA I like to pretend that our politicians aren't complete idiots. :lol

Very well said Agent and I agree with you about Politicians

I would've given him a 10 page assignment on the history of Superman. I want details, his youth (disregarding Smallville), how many times he's defeated Luthor, how many other women he dated besides Lane, the role he played in Kingdom Come, and request that his parents make him wear Superman pajamas to school for a week.

~~One inaccuracy or anything that was pulled from Wiki results in an F for the quarter. (Not really, but I wouldn't tell him that until after he turns in the paper) To be honest I have a crappy poker face so I would've been laughing while saying "Sit down Kal-El, if you want to be a credible journalist you'll need to finish today's lesson."

Last edited:
This kid was probably a habitual trouble maker, and this is just one of many slips the teacher has written about him. Taking this as an isolated incident if it was a habit would be to take the action out of context.

Although I completely understand the detention for the "That's what she said" comment, I think that as the teacher who gave it out...I would be embarrassed.

Back