Keaton Batman- Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool, Shawn. This is the sculpt many were talking about!

Glad it's available and yes, show more pics. :cool:

I heard from a little birdie there may be some awesome news coming about this Original headsculpt figure being available again...

...not really, it doesn't look like the one Commtech has. Shawn said he would be up for working on the ears, but I wouldn't count on it. With my luck, I'll never get my hands on a perfect Batman figure...except maybe the one that Commtech has if he ever decides to sell it :monkey5

...not really, it doesn't look like the one Commtech has. Shawn said he would be up for working on the ears, but I wouldn't count on it. With my luck, I'll never get my hands on a perfect Batman figure...except maybe the one that Commtech has if he ever decides to sell it :monkey5

It is the Billikin Face sculpt we were talking about. Although the figure has been reworked, it looks great IMO. But I agree, the Commtech figure was awesome.

Guys

Does the new bat look the same ?
This is the one I just recently bought from a board member.

This figure in my opinion is the best sculpt out there.

They are still around if you look :wave

YMBA!

anyway to get this head
sculpt from you anytime soon???....do u offer the body armor as well?

To confirm what pjam said, I did manage to get a hold of one of my earlier Keatons; 2006 roughly. I have that original Billiken head again. I'm still doing rubber cowls with the thicker neck (a change unanimously requested here on the board long ago) but they now have the Billiken face/lips again.

Guys

Does the new bat look the same ?
This is the one I just recently bought from a board member.

This figure in my opinion is the best sculpt out there.

They are still around if you look :wave

YMBA!

That's one of my figures, Jonas. I'm still using that cowl currently, and I've got the face sculpt back now. Yours is a bit off, actually. I didn't have those little "finger" pieces that cradle the emblem on the side. I fixed that a long time ago, so yours is an older one. I thickened the neck, too.

This photo does NOT have the Billiken face. This is the master of an untrimmed cowl, before the eyes and generic face are cut out.

DSC06385.jpg

That's one of my figures, Jonas. I'm still using that cowl currently, and I've got the face sculpt back now. Yours is a bit off, actually. I didn't have those little "finger" pieces that cradle the emblem on the side. I fixed that a long time ago, so yours is an older one. I thickened the neck, too.

This photo does NOT have the Billiken face. This is the master of an untrimmed cowl, before the eyes and generic face are cut out.

DSC06385.jpg

Oh, so you didn't trim it yet? Did you get my last message Shawn?

That cowl looks great! I don't see any problems with the ears there.

hmm i do like the cowl a lot but to my eyes the left ear (cowl's left, the right one when you look at it from the front) is still more bent inward that the other ear. It's a nitpick but it does stick out to me visually, would be great if that could somehow be addressed

hmm i do like the cowl a lot but to my eyes the left ear (cowl's left, the right one when you look at it from the front) is still more bent inward that the other ear. It's a nitpick but it does stick out to me visually, would be great if that could somehow be addressed

That could just be a macro lens distortion. Sometimes curved tips look off when they are not. Heard the same thing when the HT DX-02 pics came out. Although there were some mold issues on the first HT release, the DCBS batch came out with correct ears. I'm sure Shawn can confirm this Billiken Cowl mold will be just fine. :D

Last edited:
I fixed it. That ear always leaned in a bit, though even on the original Billiken model. Same on every Billiken I ever saw; except the version "B" with the spear gun. Don't worry, I fixed it. I've got it propped up straight so the mold comes out straight.

I fixed it. That ear always leaned in a bit, though even on the original Billiken model. Same on every Billiken I ever saw; except the version "B" with the spear gun. Don't worry, I fixed it. I've got it propped up straight so the mold comes out straight.

NOOO!!! I thought it was supposed to be like that. It's even crooked in the movie, is it not?

^^^imo stuff like that should not be screen accurate (if in fact it was crooked in the movie).

I wish sideshow had painted both of Vader's tusks silver for example.

High end collectables have the opportunity to improve on/fix the flaws of source material.

^^^imo stuff like that should not be screen accurate (if in fact it was crooked in the movie).

I wish sideshow had painted both of Vader's tusks silver for example.

High end collectables have the opportunity to improve on/fix the flaws of source material.

Who the hell wants crooked ears? :lol Bend it with a blowdryer if you want but I want it the way it should be. :D

PS My only comment about the new Sculpt is the head and face look terrific of course, but maybe it's me but the new neck seems too thick, kind of squatty. I know in the earlier versions it was a bit thin but maybe somewhere in between that and this might just do the trick. In any case the new figure looks terrific. :cool:

PS My only comment about the new Sculpt is the head and face look terrific of course, but maybe it's me but the new neck seems too thick, kind of squatty. I know in the earlier versions it was a bit thin but maybe somewhere in between that and this might just do the trick. In any case the new figure looks terrific. :cool:

"you want to be able to move your head?" :lol

"you want to be able to move your head?" :lol

:rotfl

Actually Shawn told me the neck cast still had to cure and it was the same width as the last neck he made. He mentioned the head had to be reshaped a bit to give it the proper proportions. To me it looked too squatty but cured and dried I'm sure it will look great.

Anyway, I'm sure he can explain it better than me. I just want to see pics of the finished product as it should be.

Back