Kaustic Plastik - XXL set 2 - THE ARENA FIGHTER - NEW PRODUCT COMING!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have an idea between Kaustik plastic and Pangaea general - pros and cons - I have never bought from any of them and hence looking for guidance!

Neither have been produced so I'm not sure how anyone could have any opinion on what product is better.

I just ordered the helmet from Cotswald. It says back ordered until April. I thought these were sold out, I guess they are making more?

Does anyone have an idea between Kaustik plastic and Pangaea general - pros and cons - I have never bought from any of them and hence looking for guidance!

------------------------
My collection: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

I think you asked the same question on the historical/military subforum, but here goes my 2 cents again:

In general, I find that KP has better craftsmanship in uniforms, gear and weapons. ACI seems to have them beat on the base bodies. Pangaea is a bit of an unknown quantity since they have only released one figure (to not so great reviews) so far, but it seems you can expect about the same type of craftsmanship/detail from them as from ACI (if they're not one and the same).
Can't really judge on likeness, since KP has never released a figure with the "official" likeness of anyone.

I think the choice between the KP version and the Pangaea version has more to do with overall accuracy than the quality of the set. Both KP and Pangaea (ACI) are known for their good quality. I’m still debating which set to get but I think I have figured it out.

From the pictures seen both figures have a pretty good head sculpt, they both look like Maximus and they both look nothing like Russel Crowe. For me it’s the look that I want for the gladiator outfit is what decides which figure to get and the helmet is definitely decisive in that. I want a Maximus battle of Carthage look.

The KP helmet is a die cast replica, which I think looks great. Only I have not seen that helmet on an actual head so I’m not sure how it looks like on the KP Maximus. The Pangaea figure has been shown wearing the actual helmet and it looks perfect, and that simply sold it to me. Now the KP figure could look just as awesome but I’m not certain since I haven’t seen it yet. The great thing is is that the KP helmet is for sale as a loose part and so is easy to obtain. According to the general manager of KP they will have the helmet in stock again in mid-February.

Besides that the other question is the rest of the figure. The Pangaea Greek general has a die cast sword and so I believe Maximus will have one as well. I am not really sold by any of the two figures body’s. The KP body looks to muscular and I think the shoulder joints are to visible. I do prefer the Pangaea body which is believe is a Bruce body same as the Greek General, but I’m not certain.

The KP figure is unlicensed and named Arena Warrior. Based on the showing of the Pangaea Maximus I’m fairly certain that it will be an officially licenced figure. The name of the figure is Gladiator General Maximus, I think they would have avoided those trademarks if it was an unofficial figure. So if I’m right the Pangaea figure will probably come in a nice box possibly with some nice art.

So I have decided to pre-order the KP Die Cast helmet and wait for the Pangaea figure. Then ill have two helmets to choose the better and full figure in box. In the meantime I’m working on some custom real chainmail in anticipation of this figure.

I believe I've got that KP helmet your talking about, I got it from their official page.
It's a really great heavy item, I got it posed infront of my Roman General, I tried putting it on the Custom Russel Crowe head that is circling around Ebay.
Here are a couple of shots, sorry for the pinkish color it's my new dioder lighting that isn't like the old ones.
I believe that the KP head will be a better fit for it, but you will get the idea:

Wow Those pictures are great! Thanks for sharing. I own such a general figure myself and i noticed that the head is just a tad too small And was wondering how that helmet would fit. Now i know i prefere a larger headsxulpt, such as the kp or pangaea head.

Based on the showing of the Pangaea Maximus I’m fairly certain that it will be an officially licenced figure. The name of the figure is Gladiator General Maximus, I think they would have avoided those trademarks if it was an unofficial figure. So if I’m right the Pangaea figure will probably come in a nice box possibly with some nice art.

Both of us are un-licensed.

Back