Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time to weigh in. Has any other manufacturer ever done this before; offered a fix due to negative customer feedback?

...crickets......

Kudos to Fabio for fixing this and doing right by his customers.

Have to admit Asmus are the best at this

Time to weigh in. Has any other manufacturer ever done this before; offered a fix due to negative customer feedback?

...crickets......

Kudos to Fabio for fixing this and doing right by his customers.

Pangaea sent us out free corrected Achilles helmets after all the complaints

If people think this movie is pure fiction, then I don't think word "fiction" is understood. Star Wars, Star Trek, Wizard of Oz - that is pure fiction. William Wallace did indeed live. He fought back against a tyrannical England and was martyred for it. That's what Braveheart portrayed and did well. I'm fairly confident a Luke Skywalker or Dorothy from Oz never existed. Besides this movie never professed itself as 100% factually based. That's all of your takes. If you go into a movie expecting facts 100% of the time then you have a serious mental problem separating reality from movie making - that's a personal issue. It's an artistic interpretation which Hollywood does all the time.

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting on someone to provide a Hollywood movie to me that doesn't take artistic license. Why do people only single out Braveheart?

You really kicked that straw man's ass. [emoji38] No one is claiming they wanted "100% facts". It would be difficult to make a 2 hr + movie about Wallace without fiction as we don't know much about him outside legend and fanciful poems. The thing is they would have made just as good a movie WITH the facts we do have with some fiction mixed without the emotional nationalistic pandering . Just the very fact you say he was martyred against a tyrannical country speaks volumes. When Wallace and friends did enter England do you think they walked around killing only those in the English army?lol And while Gibson never claimed they sticking 100% to the facts I certainly think he wanted you to believe a lot of this. Why else set it in history with real names and places. Oh, and I know what fiction means. Braveheart has real names( mostly) and places but it's fiction. Or should we refrain from calling Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Killer fiction? After all it does have real names and places.

I hate to derail the thread but I didn't care for your tone so I felt the need to reply.

^ Other than the sash, looks great to me.

You really kicked that straw man's ass. [emoji38] No one is claiming they wanted "100% facts". It would be difficult to make a 2 hr + movie about Wallace without fiction as we don't know much about him outside legend and fanciful poems. The thing is they would have made just as good a movie WITH the facts we do have with some fiction mixed without the emotional nationalistic pandering . Just the very fact you say he was martyred against a tyrannical country speaks volumes. When Wallace and friends did enter England do you think they walked around killing only those in the English army?lol And while Gibson never claimed they sticking 100% to the facts I certainly think he wanted you to believe a lot of this. Why else set it in history with real names and places. Oh, and I know what fiction means. Braveheart has real names( mostly) and places but it's fiction. Or should we refrain from calling Abraham Lincoln:Vampire Killer fiction? After all it does have real names and places.

I hate to derail the thread but I didn't care for your tone so I felt the need to reply.

You say you wants facts but yet we know very little about him (in your words). You say a movie about Scottish independence shouldn't be emotionally nationalistic (so you want a documentary). And now you apparently know what Gibson was thinking...:cuckoo:

You're right, let's not derail this thread any further. If you want to discuss this further in PM or start a "movies are not always 100% true therefore they can't be good" thread in the movie section, knock yourself out...it's clear what we want and how we see movies are in two different lights, and I'll leave it at that...

Last edited:
Wish he would have shown some different poses . Looks really cool though . I'm glad I preordered this . Can't wait .

Could somebody explain to me the briliant move by Kaustic to include two almost identical HS in the deluxe set (only difference is war paint), both screaming ones?!
And then the third sculpt, the one most perfer, they sell separately...
That's just brilliant!

Could somebody explain to me the briliant move by Kaustic to include two almost identical HS in the deluxe set (only difference is war paint), both screaming ones?!
And then the third sculpt, the one most perfer, they sell separately...
That's just brilliant!

The non screaming head was never originaly planned by KP, it was purely by collector request that the 3rd non screaming head was designed as an optional addition.

The 2 war paint and non war paint was KP choice, its pretty cool having options

Wow! What a difference lighting etc makes, the photos posted a few days ago made the head sculpt look like it wasn't Mel, the shield look plasticky, and that blue kilt look god awful. The head and shield here look absolutely beautiful. Glad the kilt is being redone but its not as bad as photos made it look. Overall though, this looks absolutely incredible! Well done Fabio and Kaustic Plastik; this is the definitive Braveheart figure I've always wanted. With the new kilt, he'll be just perfect. And for the record I loved that you went with the screaming warpaint head. It's definitive. Too many 1:6 figures have a dull, blank, bored expression which I hate. Some characters need a smile or some expression to capture the essence of their character. This and the smirk on the Mal Reynolds and Star-Lord figures are the only times I've seen that done on a character I love.

Hi guys, sorry for the long delay on answers.. Very very busy with William Wallace and all the new products planned.

I like to inform you that 100% of the Box, Standard, Box, Deluxe Box or Kit, will have an EXTRA KILT inside, brown weathered.

Hi guys, sorry for the long delay on answers.. Very very busy with William Wallace and all the new products planned.

I like to inform you that 100% of the Box, Standard, Box, Deluxe Box or Kit, will have an EXTRA KILT inside, brown weathered.

Nice. Can you let us know what the new products that are coming up?

Back