Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gibson didn't fudge the details, or get things "basically" right.lol Look, I love the movie too ,but it's pure fiction. Like it on those grounds, but don't try enforce any sort of historical reality on it because then it becomes truly absurd.
I disagree with Kuat, but I understand the frustration. He stated it best in the Pangea thread, so I'll let him respond if he likes.

If people think this movie is pure fiction, then I don't think word "fiction" is understood. Star Wars, Star Trek, Wizard of Oz - that is pure fiction. William Wallace did indeed live. He fought back against a tyrannical England and was martyred for it. That's what Braveheart portrayed and did well. I'm fairly confident a Luke Skywalker or Dorothy from Oz never existed. Besides this movie never professed itself as 100% factually based. That's all of your takes. If you go into a movie expecting facts 100% of the time then you have a serious mental problem separating reality from movie making - that's a personal issue. It's an artistic interpretation which Hollywood does all the time.

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting on someone to provide a Hollywood movie to me that doesn't take artistic license. Why do people only single out Braveheart?

Last edited:
If people think this movie is pure fiction, then I don't think word "fiction" is understood. Star Wars, Star Trek, Wizard of Oz - that is pure fiction. William Wallace did indeed live. He fought back against a tyrannical England and was martyred for it. That's what Braveheart portrayed and did well. I'm fairly confident a Luke Skywalker or Dorothy from Oz never existed. Besides this movie never professed itself as 100% factually based. That's all of your takes. If you go into a movie expecting facts 100% of the time then you have a serious mental problem separating reality from movie making - that's a personal issue. It's an artistic interpretation which Hollywood does all the time.

Nevertheless, I'm still waiting on someone to provide a Hollywood movie to me that doesn't take artistic license. Why do people only single out Braveheart?

:goodpost: there's a huge difference between a MOVIE and a DOCUMENTARY. If you want to be entertained, watch a movie, if you want reality, and expect it all the time, watch documentaries. But don't trust everything in a documentary, either.

I've NEVER seen a movie that was accurate when it comes to not just historical events, but even real-life in general. I used to be a private investigator, and not one TV show or movie has EVER, nor will they ever, portray that job for what it really is; it's always 2% fact, and the rest is Hollywood. Why? Because the real thing is mostly boring as f$&k.

Its a great flick. I also like the Patriot, and Apocalypto, but you have to see Gibson's pics as what they are, hollywood "historical based" epics. You want history? Go read a book.

Kuat of Kuat,
You dont like the film we get it. Why continue? Your in a thread on a braveheart fig. talk about the fig. Obviously there will be braveheart fans here and your going to get called out. At some point it just gets annoying.

I went to the movies .watched it . I bought the DVDs . Watched it . Bought the Bluray Watched it again .I must have seen this movie as much as JAWS . Never gets old . It's got everything in it . A beautiful love story , fantastic action , and it gives you a feel good emotional kick in the butt to stand up and take on the world . It's one of the few movies that gave me the ROCKY chills up the spine feeling .

One of my favorite movies. I don't give a **** if it's historically accurate or not.

The film's historical accuracy (but mostly lack thereof) should really only be brought up when things happen like when incompetent people make monuments to William Wallace with Mel Gibson's image.

The two things should be separated entirely. Going into Braveheart, I knew it was inaccurate, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it immensely. I never took it as a textbook or anything.

The film's historical accuracy (but mostly lack thereof) should really only be brought up when things happen like when incompetent people make monuments to William Wallace with Mel Gibson's image.

The two things should be separated entirely. Going into Braveheart, I knew it was inaccurate, but that didn't stop me from enjoying it immensely. I never took it as a textbook or anything.

Pretty much!!

not sure why they didn't include it to begin with lol but great job on listening to feedback! :) very amazing of KP.

That's good to hear. The previous one reminded me of my mom in her house dress.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

I haven't ordered one of these yet (are they even still available? I'm in Australia) but decided not to when I saw the blue/purple kilt. But I will definately be buying one because of this fix, provided I can. The post says those who've ordered the box, does that mean the brown kilt won't be included in boxes that haven't been ordered yet? Is this just an apology to preorderers or a fix for everyone?

Its amazing how this has been done in time, manufacturing and repacking another item is no small task id imagine. Surely these sets ship to suppliers any day now?

Time to weigh in. Has any other manufacturer ever done this before; offered a fix due to negative customer feedback?

...crickets......

Kudos to Fabio for fixing this and doing right by his customers.

Back