Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabio posted on FB that he is in China right now. He is supposed to get back I think May 5th and will post pics of I'm guessing this and I think he said other news.

Are these figures being manufactured in China ? Maybe he's there to straighten out the wrong color outfit and stop production .

I hate to down someone's hard work, and passion. Despite any flaws in the figure, mass producing something like this is something most of us would never be able to do able to do. The tartan that color throws the whole thing off. I'd hate to spent almost $200 on a figure to only spend more to "fix it" or replace such a major component. I really hope this somehow gets resolved but I don't how that is possible with the product already hitting consumers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like supporting companies like Kaustic, but sadly I can not with this release at least not how it stands right now. I appreciate the gesture of the added sculpt, but it doesn't negate the fact that I would have to replace/customize the tartan. I was not a fan of the screaming head sculpt; I would have to replace it. I was so close to pre-ordering this piece. I will wait for the other company's version, or wait to see if this is discounted. I know that doesn't help Fabio and his company, but I can not spend $200 on something that's going to cost me more money to get it to a point I'm happy with. Perhaps this should have been one of those outfit sets.

I was so excited about this, i never preorder anything without first seeing other customers pictures onlinex i have been lucky in that i just started collecting 2 years ago so i had plenty of previous hot toys to catch up on

I took a big gamble on this $200 delux figure, what a mistake, the historical headsculpt is toyish and weak

The screaming non painted head looks nothing like gibson

The sword appears to be lower chest height and needs to be about at neck level

The sheild is suppose to be wooden with wood grain look, this has some S shape design that looks aweful

I saw fabio post on facebook that the rob is movie acurate and its just the flash from the camera , i am not buying that

If i cant cancel the preorder i am guessing i will have a hard time getting half the price of this on the resale market

Such a same, i had such hope for this figure

Didn't another company tease a William Wallace figure?

El1ev1en on instagram?

Their head looks great, but neved seen anything other then the head and never respond if they are going to mass produce it

I pre-ordered 3 of the deluxe sets with a 20% + shipping NRD from Hobby-Galaxy. ($118.85)

Live and learn, I guess.

This feels like a complete and utter bait & switch.

I think I'll just cut my losses now. $118.85 wasted.

They say the robe is movie accurate but it looks really blue because of the flash lol. Why would anyone take pics in a way that would misrepresent their product? I think what we see is what we get quite honestly.

Ain't the flash. Look at the tartan fabric around his calves, it's completely different - not blueberry.

El1ev1en on instagram?

Their head looks great, but neved seen anything other then the head and never respond if they are going to mass produce it

The eleven head is for kit's full figure I'm pretty sure. It will be mass produced for his store I'm not sure if it'll be available anywhere else.

Will reverse my judgement until some in-hand pics start to surface but yeah seems a lot of the stuff that was shown in the prototype pics are missing from the mass produced version.

Still looking forward to it though.

Un-uh. Nice try.
Why then does the calf fabric appear brown and red while the rest is blue and purple? Looks like a big mistake and not a purposeful choice.

This is a screen used costume in regular light without any promotional poster excuse.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Absolutely none of this explains why the prototype Is different than what was delivered. There is no justifying that. A tea bath is not going to change it into what it needs to be.

I agree. I think this issue warrants being addressed by the manufacturer. I can accept slight differences between prototypes and the final production line figures but one of the deciding factors on purchasing this figure was the excellent reproduction of the tartan pattern as appears on the first page of this thread.

I honestly expected KP to hold their hands up and admit the error. But no, stick it in tea. We dont need them to instruct us how to fix their mistakes, thats an insult. The tartan we paid for should be achievable, basic production choices gone wrong.
The only reason now why i havnt cancelled this PO is to support collectablekitbash, i wanna help uk retailers as much as possible. Feeling a bit fed up now

I'm kinda sick of companies making outfits accurate to promo photos, how it looks in the film is what we all want.

Back