Kaustic Plastik - William - Scottish Highlander - 1300 AD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly..... He doesn't look like him? Trolling time? ;)

I think it's in the same league as your previous "not-Conan" sculpt. I think the black liner at the top of the eyes needs to be much thinner, it's supposed to represent a shadow and eyelashes, not actual eye liner. The lips seem too pinkish, like the color is too saturated. Both the eyes and lips jump out at me and say "I am a toy that doesn't look like Mel Gibson. I think the chin and jawline are overly V shaped. I think overall the head looks warped. I've seen (and made) many castings where the face shrinks inward, the cheeks get concave, it shrinks vertically. I'm not sure the best way to describe it. Comparing the sample shown, above with a photo of the actor at a similar angle, the actor's actual face looks more broad.

I understand the need to make it "not Mel Gibson as William Wallace". From a buyer's perspective, I just don't see the logic in buying a head that's not Mel Gibson. If you can't go full Mel Gibson for legal reasons, it's understandable, but as a product, I just don't see the appeal of it. If you go to great lengths to make the outfit film accurate, I don't understand why you'd put a head on top that sort of looks like the actor.

I don't troll. Sure, I'll provoke a discussion, but I'm not here to be inflammatory.

I think it's in the same league as your previous "not-Conan" sculpt. I think the black liner at the top of the eyes needs to be much thinner, it's supposed to represent a shadow and eyelashes, not actual eye liner. The lips seem too pinkish, like the color is too saturated. Both the eyes and lips jump out at me and say "I am a toy that doesn't look like Mel Gibson. I think the chin and jawline are overly V shaped. I think overall the head looks warped. I've seen (and made) many castings where the face shrinks inward, the cheeks get concave, it shrinks vertically. I'm not sure the best way to describe it. Comparing the sample shown, above with a photo of the actor at a similar angle, the actor's actual face looks more broad.

I understand the need to make it "not Mel Gibson as William Wallace". From a buyer's perspective, I just don't see the logic in buying a head that's not Mel Gibson. If you can't go full Mel Gibson for legal reasons, it's understandable, but as a product, I just don't see the appeal of it. If you go to great lengths to make the outfit film accurate, I don't understand why you'd put a head on top that sort of looks like the actor.

I don't troll. Sure, I'll provoke a discussion, but I'm not here to be inflammatory.

Sir I respect your point of view. I understand you don't like this sculpt.
Now please respect my point of view.
And my point of view and my opinion is that is a very cool sculpt probably one of the best looking Mel around the market.

Said that..... As I said (but I can repeat as a mantra if you like). Let's wait the final photo session with the final paint and the final cast to give a full honest opinion.
;)

About your question : 'I don't understand why you'd put a head on top that sort of looks like the actor.'
I suppose you can ask the same question to 99% of the 1:6 companies around here.. Often including Hot Toys and Sideshow releases ;)
Did you actually asked to all of them or I'm the only one with this privilege? ;)

About your question : 'I don't understand why you'd put a head on top that sort of looks like the actor.'
I suppose you can ask the same question to 99% of the 1:6 companies around here.. Often including Hot Toys and Sideshow releases ;)
Did you actually asked to all of them or I'm the only one with this privilege? ;)

Well, I don't usually ask that about other companies because Hot Toys and Sideshow don't sell heads separately. So I don't have the opportunity to question the logic of selling a head as a standalone product that doesn't look like the subject.

Please keep in mind the context of my original comment, I didn't jump in to criticize, or say it was a disappointment. I was questioning hoodonit's point that it's only supposed to have a slight resemblance. I agree, that the head does have a slight resemblance, but for me to make a purchase, it needs to have substantially more than a slight resemblance.

I will say that I pre-ordered the Hot Toys Han Solo based on the prototype head sculpt, it wasn't great, but the costume got me 90% there, and I was pleased with the overall package. Had Hot Toys released it looking like the prototype, and said "Hey, we've made this secondary headsculpt." I would not have purchased the second headsculpt, as a standalone item it didn't look much like Harrison Ford as Han Solo.

My strong suggestion is wait the final and official photo session.
As I said many times, the pictures I posted on Facebook are for my fans, people that love to be updated weekly about the production status and see the work in progress..
As you know we started the Expansion head project showing step by step the creation of the headsculpt.. from 3D file to 3D print.
Now it's time to test injections and paints..
I KNOW that must be improved! :) I'm not blind ;)

So let's wait the final photo session, because pre orders are not even started yet!!! :D

Final and official photo session will be posted here of course! :)

Thanks for getting back to my pm Fabio, ive bought my clotheing pack from a UK retailer - will they recieve the blister clotheing pack first or everything at once

cheers

Fabio - please tease a new Roman...just a hint at least. I think you should start a collection of great historic Roman generals. They all have surviving busts so we actually know how they looked. Caeser, Marius, Sulla etc...

My strong suggestion is wait the final and official photo session.
As I said many times, the pictures I posted on Facebook are for my fans, people that love to be updated weekly about the production status and see the work in progress..
As you know we started the Expansion head project showing step by step the creation of the headsculpt.. from 3D file to 3D print.
Now it's time to test injections and paints..
I KNOW that must be improved! :) I'm not blind ;)

So let's wait the final photo session, because pre orders are not even started yet!!! :D

Final and official photo session will be posted here of course! :)

Thank you for your hard work. Don't let the haters discourage you and your company, we really do appreciate your work!

I agree with the positive comments. I recently paid a pretty penny for the other company and while I love it and don't regret the purchase I appreciate kaustic putting one out that's INCREDIBLY affordable. I can't wait to get the blister pack to build a second Wallace with my other headsculpt. I'll also probably get kaustics neutral face sculpt as well. I mean come on- 100$ for a blister pack that includes all clothing and accessories! Compared to the other companies 200$ vest alone and 150$ sword strap that's a steal. Thank you again kaustic and keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally this guy is nearer to being released.

Really looking forward to having him on display and for the great price also.

Hey Fabio!
Nice to see you again man!

Unfortunately, I had to cancel this one due to constraints in my budget. Hopefully I'll be able to track one down some other time.
The figure is looking fantastic, by the way.

Any news on Republic era Romans? How are you doing on the Gaul front?
Looking forward to more news from you guys!

I saw these on Facebook....I do not recall his outfit being this color.....

13010606_1023037194430988_4873310947401464093_n.jpg

Okay, the color looks wrong but did you notice that there are three headsculpts in the box and not two? We were supposed to get a painted face with two hair options. Looks like we get painted and unpainted, each sporting a different style hair.

Okay, the color looks wrong but did you notice that there are three headsculpts in the box and not two? We were supposed to get a painted face with two hair options. Looks like we get painted and unpainted, each sporting a different style hair.

That is the DX, it was always supposed to have those head options. There are differed tier options on this set.

That is the DX, it was always supposed to have those head options. There are differed tier options on this set.

As per the description on the first page, you get the standard headsculpt (not Mel Gibson) and
14) Deluxe Version only: Screaming Headsculpt with War paint, two different hair style

It says nothing about a non war paint version unless that was added later.

Back