Kato: Custom Gas Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job, it looks 100% accurate.

I thought the wires were random pieces of hair that just happened to be in your hand and got photographed in the original teaser pic. :lol

Or that the wires go up BL's nostrils :lol

Wanted to make an accessory for Kato, but most of the cool gadgets from the show were the Green Hornet's. Kato only really had the darts and nunchaks. At least that's all I remember seeing him use.

The mask is a pretty cool old-school design. Something The Shadow would have. The hardest part was making it so that it can be attached to the EB Kato mask without having to glue it.

Ended up embedding two small wire spokes that is tucked under the nose part of the mask - but still allows the mask to sit flushed with the face.

If I remember correctly - the actual masks had a mouthpiece, so I made the back of the mask moled to the jaw details of the headsculpt. So it fits flushed so from the side - it actually looks like BL has the mouthpiece secured in his mouth. Would have looked off if the mask just dangled with a gap between it and the face.

Awesome job Tin! Add this to the grocery list of things you're making that I want :rock :lol :rotfl

Thanks Y4nk33! This is actually sort of a quickie prototype to test out how to sculpt it and harness it to the mask.

I'll likely go back and make an all around cleaner and more refined version - with better tubing material.

When I do - I can make a couple spare ones for you and Axe. Super friend rate :D

I probably won't have time til a little after E3 though.

I do Rory. But I won't sell Kato. He's the prize of my collection right now. Plus - I don't think I would be able to find a replacement at this point. Don't want to risk it.

Some guy just offered me $300usd for my modified Kato.

Kato's are listing for over $350 + shipping on Ebay, you'd be taking a loss with that sale. Like you said he is getting more and more rare, his price will only increase in time.

Back