Kato: Custom Gas Mask

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinister

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey. I made this last night on a whim and it came out pretty decent. Can any of you fellow freaks guess what it is?

IMAGES ADDED::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Last edited:
Re: Can you guess what this is?

A new form of birth control?

A 1/6 colonoscopy machine?

:rotflLOL. Can always count on you guys for clever creative answers

It's guaranteed a 1/6 camera!!!

too easy.

holy crap...................it's that one thing that one dude used in that movie where they did that thing that everybody was all like hey that thing is awesome & they should make that in real life cuz that would save a lot of money if someone made that for realz..............:lecture

holy crap...................it's that one thing that one dude used in that movie where they did that thing that everybody was all like hey that thing is awesome & they should make that in real life cuz that would save a lot of money if someone made that for realz..............:lecture

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl - close!

You're right! It's a Flux Capacitor, isn't it?

Wanted to make an accessory for Kato, but most of the cool gadgets from the show were the Green Hornet's. Kato only really had the darts and nunchaks. At least that's all I remember seeing him use.

The mask is a pretty cool old-school design. Something The Shadow would have. The hardest part was making it so that it can be attached to the EB Kato mask without having to glue it.

Ended up embedding two small wire spokes that is tucked under the nose part of the mask - but still allows the mask to sit flushed with the face.

If I remember correctly - the actual masks had a mouthpiece, so I made the back of the mask moled to the jaw details of the headsculpt. So it fits flushed so from the side - it actually looks like BL has the mouthpiece secured in his mouth. Would have looked off if the mask just dangled with a gap between it and the face.

Great job, it looks 100% accurate.

I thought the wires were random pieces of hair that just happened to be in your hand and got photographed in the original teaser pic. :lol

Great job, it looks 100% accurate.

Thanks Devil. I had to improvise with the part where the mask connects with the nose part of the mask. It's supposed to tuck under and be flushed with the nose scoop of the mask. But if I did that - the mask would get pushed out of alignment with the face.

I also will swap out the tube with something of a thinner guage and more of a yellowish tone.

Back