Kato 1/6 Heath Ledger Joker Outfit - Purple Coats Delivery Started

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *UPDATED* Kato 1/6 Joker Outfit - Shirt Preorder now up!

I hv an new idea for the making of grey jacket. That is..... to make the grey jacket with no sleeve (it will be something like another bigger grey vest on top of the green vest ) just because :

1. this jacket has never been show alone in the movie, it is always covered by the long coat.

2. I believe the long coat will look much better when putting it on top of the sleeveless grey jacket as it the bulkiness along the sleeve area is missing. You many find how bulky of the Hottoy's coat (it is almost unavoidable for the bulkness when putting on both jacket and coat together since there are no such tiny farbic in 1:6 scale ).

3. it is relatively easier to develop that means you may get it more early.

4. The most concern is : It will save yr money !!! ....Initially it will be over USD200 for the original jacket. But for this sleeveless version, the price will be just more or less the same as the green vest!

I am totally on board for the sleeveless jacket makes sense to me, I am all for asthetics and price drops hahahahaha

Hmmm ideally would have liked to have a full size jacket but I can live with a sleeveless one if that's what the majority vote for

The price difference is significant also so I understand that

Hmmm ideally would have liked to have a full size jacket but I can live with a sleeveless one if that's what the majority vote for

The price difference is significant also so I understand that

Personally for me you will never see the sleeves as I will never pose him in just the sports jacket so if that means it looks better with the overcoat on and means its a little cheaper I am onboard :)

Call me crazy but you will see the sleeves as a layer next to the gloves, particularly as the overcoat has wide sleeves so it makes the under layers more visible. But yeah, if sleeveless is what the majority want, then that's what we get!

A few pic's:)

x01.jpg

x03.jpg

x02.jpg

x04.jpg

Fantastic job Kato!!!:clap:clap:clap

Good idea not having sleeves on the grey jacket. Thats exactly why a few people were cutting up their V1's on this board. Looked much better that way.

Good idea not having sleeves on the grey jacket. Thats exactly why a few people were cutting up their V1's on this board. Looked much better that way.

Yeah but that was the crappy v1 outfit.

This is Kato's outfit, so it will look MUCH better.

Even the Dx outfit with the sleeves looks quite good.

He still need's to leave a bit of a sleeve on each arm just encase someone were to give him an extreme pose that could reveal that it's not a full jacket.

Call me crazy but you will see the sleeves as a layer next to the gloves, particularly as the overcoat has wide sleeves so it makes the under layers more visible.

I'm sure Kato would know best, but I'd have to agree with Umair. Missing that sleeve under the overcoat would eat away at me and my OCD over time. :panic: It's one thing to cut the sleeves with HT clothes, but with this being the best 1:6 Joker clothes available at a considerable investment, might as well go the distance....(says the guy who can't afford to be on the list...:monkey1)

How about kato makes the just the end's of the jacket and they can stick to the cuffs of the shirt with magnets, so long as they don't become effected by the magnets on the waistcoat.

I'm sure Kato would know best, but I'd have to agree with Umair. Missing that sleeve under the overcoat would eat away at me and my OCD over time. :panic: It's one thing to cut the sleeves with HT clothes, but with this being the best 1:6 Joker clothes available at a considerable investment, might as well go the distance....(says the guy who can't afford to be on the list...:monkey1)

How about kato makes the just the end's of the jacket and they can stick to the cuffs of the shirt with magnets, so long as they don't become effected by the magnets on the waistcoat.

Yeah, thinking about this, i'd really rather spend the extra money and have the full jacket. I really don't want to have spent such a huge amount on this and then know that there aren't sleeves on the second jacket.

i'm guessing making 2 versions (1 without sleeves and 1 with sleeves) is out of the question? (due to development cost?) :dunno

Then you won't need that shirt anymore after adding the magnet on it.

Then you won't need that shirt anymore after adding the magnet on it.

I think you misunderstood me Kato ..if someone know's what i was trying to say please explain i got 2 go to work:horror

Yeah, thinking about this, i'd really rather spend the extra money and have the full jacket. I really don't want to have spent such a huge amount on this and then know that there aren't sleeves on the second jacket.

i'm guessing making 2 versions (1 without sleeves and 1 with sleeves) is out of the question? (due to development cost?) :dunno

I am sorry that I cannot afford spending double times on one jacket.

I am sorry that I cannot afford spending double times on one jacket.

Would it be possible to make a rough prototype with full sleeves, and show us how it will look with the full outfit

And then also show us pictures of the jacket without sleeves with the full outfit

That way we can compare and make the final decision? That will also mean the jacket would have to be done last...

Inthevoid, i see where you're coming from with the ocd stuff and going the distance, but if the joker looks better without the sleeves (no bulkiness, and as kato said, hard to find 1/6 material with the same consistence as the real one), isn't this all that matters?

Last edited:

Inthevoid, i see we're you're coming from with the ocd stuff and going the distance, but if the joker looks better without the sleeves (no bulkiness, and as kato said, hard to find 1/6 material with the same consistence as the real one), isn't this all that matters?

Yeah I see the point there but if that is really the case i'd rather see evidence via pictures with both versions before making a choice, because at the end of the day this is the most i have or am likely to ever spend on a figure, so i do want it to be perfect.

WHOA! WHOA! When did this become an option with the sleeveless blazer?? That's a horrible idea!! All I'm gonna say is if Hot Toys can pull it off, I think kato can do a MUCH better job.

Back