kane and dallas or connor and wright

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupotnoodle

Freakzoid
Reaction score
i have a bit of a dilemma, i would like to know peoples opinions of hot toys kane and dallas compared with hot toys marcus and connor. i know i can get kane and dallas for alot cheaper than they would normally be available to me, but cant afford both before christmas. any opinions on which to buy would be very appreciated.

Which film do you enjoy more personally? Alien or Terminator Salvation?
I'd base my decision on that.
Or get one character of each set for variety. Connor and Dallas would make a nice combo on your shelf.

i prefer alien, but i never bothered with kane nor dallas. but i'm lapping up every terminator salvation figure save for a couple of redundant exclusives. why? character design...

both kane and dallas have pretty much the same suit, which don't really appeal to me. the depth of those two characters had pretty much to do with their roles. the real design factor in that film is the alien, and the environment... no much of the other props which were pretty much improvised back then.

so i'd go with connor and wright... simply because they've got richer design elements as individual characters.

The Kane and Dallas figures are awesome. I would get one of each if I had to think about it but based on my own decision I'd ignore Salvation and get everything Alien.

Which film do you enjoy more personally? Alien or Terminator Salvation?
I'd base my decision on that.

My thoughts exactly. For me, while there may be a bit more visual appeal from the Terminator figures, I didn't like the movie so much, and therefore went with Dallas and Kane.

The Kane and Dallas figures are awesome. I would get one of each if I had to think about it but based on my own decision I'd ignore Salvation and get everything Alien.

"Death is... whymsical today"

Sorry, just watched the movie again & noticed the avatar, although you've used it for a while. Gold. Love that character & his snub-nosed .44

I got Dallas its an awesome fig. Im still kinda so so with Salvation, even though the figs do look good im not going to get any.

Connor and Wright are cool by design, but I'd go wit Dallas and Kane. For me Alien just has much more substance than Terminator Salvation, and my 1/6 collection will reflect which films I treasure most.

i may be biased here, but i just got dallas and kane and they're friggin amazing.

I got hold of Kane,preferred him ,,came with the extra melted face plate for the helmet,, now just waitin on my connor ( and also Kanes helmet lights up,,,Superb:banana )

As you're on a limited budget I'd suggest one of these 2 combinations:

Kane & Dallas (the 2 figures from the superior film)

or

Dallas & John Connor (a representative of each film, Dallas being superior to Kane because of the likeness and John Connor being superior to Marcus because Marcus is a noob to the Terminator series, and a one-off noob by the looks of it)

As you're on a limited budget I'd suggest one of these 2 combinations:

Kane & Dallas (the 2 figures from the superior film)

or

Dallas & John Connor (a representative of each film, Dallas being superior to Kane because of the likeness and John Connor being superior to Marcus because Marcus is a noob to the Terminator series, and a one-off noob by the looks of it)

I think those are both good options... if I could only have 2 figures I'd probably just go with Dallas and Connor.

I'd pick dallas + connor combo as well. But if I could, I'd squeeze in marcus as well. As he's just to awesome looking to pass.

Anyone know where I can get a good deal on dallas by any chance?

the problem is i love alien, but i like the detailing on the terminator figures. it mite have to be kane and dallas for now because i have found them as a set on ebay for £150 shipped to uk from japan i think, and i think that is an absolute bargain when it cost £100 shipped for connor. but i appreciate all of the advice guys if joker dx takes any longer i will probably be able squeeze in a connor lol

And truthfully if you wait a bit I could see a good chance these figures might be at retail or below for quite a while. I don't think they are going to be very limited in their release numbers and we already have a V2 of Connor that will likely effect the value of the V1.

Back