Just watched Serenity - wow!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally saw Serenity myself too. Great film. I loved the series, I thought these charactors (actors) had some of the best chemistry I have ever seen on a tv show. Just as good as on Buffy. Amazing how some people are able to dismiss either of these shows so easily without giving them a chance. The writing is so above par on both shows. Ah well, to each his or her own.
Anyway, I totally respect Joss for making the decisions he did, especially with Wash. Not easy to do something like that - again, avoiding spoilers.

As long as we're mentioning favorite charactors I've gotta go with Jayne. He's just so predictable and self serving, and well, kind of dumb. I laugh out loud during a lot of his scenes. Can't believe I waited so long before seeing this one. Here's to a sequel!

Darth Rage said:
Finally saw Serenity myself too. Great film. I loved the series, I thought these charactors (actors) had some of the best chemistry I have ever seen on a tv show. Just as good as on Buffy. Amazing how some people are able to dismiss either of these shows so easily without giving them a chance. The writing is so above par on both shows. Ah well, to each his or her own.
Anyway, I totally respect Joss for making the decisions he did, especially with Wash. Not easy to do something like that - again, avoiding spoilers.

As long as we're mentioning favorite charactors I've gotta go with Jayne. He's just so predictable and self serving, and well, kind of dumb. I laugh out loud during a lot of his scenes. Can't believe I waited so long before seeing this one. Here's to a sequel!

Yay! Another Firefly/Serenity fan :banana

I too LOVE Jayne. The episode Jaynestown is one of my very favorites.

I hadn't watched the show when it was on and I don't think I even heard of it. But I liked the trailers for Serenity, so I went and saw it. I really liked it. I got the Firefly series DVD last month, but have been busy watching all 7 seasons of Buffy. I finally finished that and plan to start on Firefly. If Sideshow makes 12" figures of these, I could be in a lot of trouble... financially speaking that is.

Protozaius,
I have to agree, I can always scrape together the funds for whatever Firefly/Serenity product Sideshow decides to dish out. And not at the expense of other lines I collect...I heard that food is way over-rated!:D

Me too! I'm passing on the PF Buffy figure because I feel it's too much money but if Sideshow does the Firefly line, I wouldn't be able to resist a PF Serenity crew. Come on Sideshow - you know you want to make this line just as much as we all want to start buying it!

Firefly Flanatic said:
Me too! I'm passing on the PF Buffy figure because I feel it's too much money but if Sideshow does the Firefly line, I wouldn't be able to resist a PF Serenity crew. Come on Sideshow - you know you want to make this line just as much as we all want to start buying it!

I think it would be like one fo the coolest things in my collection to have a PF Buffy, Angel and Mal or River all together. I would want river in her bar fight costume or end costume with the reaver weapons.:D

Well that sucks, it's on during the day. I'll be at work so I can't watch it. It's times like this I wish I had a PVR with a very large hard drive. I also wish that I wasn't so lazy and cheap so I could just go buy the DVD box set. :eek: :D

If you want, Fritz, you can borrow my box set. You will have to pay for shipping though...end the end it might make more sense to just buy it, but I thought i would make the offer anyways.

SwoopingCloakofSureness said:
If you want, Fritz, you can borrow my box set. You will have to pay for shipping though...end the end it might make more sense to just buy it, but I thought i would make the offer anyways.

Thanks! Now that's a generous offer. I really appreciate it. :bow :cool: But you're probably right, I think I'll check a few places here and buy it.

I got the Firefly set for Valentine's Day... and I've been loaning it out ever since.:monkey3

MUST SPREAD THE WORD!!!:peace

Thought you guys would be interested in a new addition to my office decor:

IMG_2649.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

Drawn by comicbook artist Adam Hughes... it's beautiful and I love it!

Very nice Dusty!
If I'm not mistaken, that's the cover art for the DarkHorse trade paperback. Looks like it's signed and numbered. What is the edition size and is it still available?

What a knock out poster!

It's great that you are hanging it on your office door... it provides a gentle reminder to your co-workers at Sideshow what 12" line they SHOULD BE DOING!!!:D

Back