Just got my Medicom Darth Vader today

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd do the same. The Vader overall is quite nice as you said its just the hands suck.

Yeah, I'd do the same. The Vader overall is quite nice as you said its just the hands suck.

Actually, the hands themselves are fantastic!! I'd say it's the forearms that suck for not having pegs on them, a point which I may not have conveyed accurately in the review.

Well, that's true. Hands/Forearms either suck since it makes it hard to use this figure the way I'd like.

Eh, after a while, you get used to it, and then it's not so frustrating. But then again, I put that figure through so many poses that I was constantly having to fidget with the hands, so maybe I've adapted more than most.

Well, as much as the Medicom's cost I shouldn't have to get used to it. The more I pay the less crap I should have to deal with when it comes to a collectible.

if UPS delivered on Saturday....remind me why they're the only carrier who doesn't....i would have my Medi ROTJ Vader tomorrow...but no, i have to wait till monday. dammit.

Well, as much as the Medicom's cost I shouldn't have to get used to it. The more I pay the less crap I should have to deal with when it comes to a collectible.

That's just something with which you'll have to deal with many items you buy.

$120 Medi Vader - poor design on hands

$350 Fett PF - ABS...nuff said there...

$60 Ventress - risk of defective body and chop-shop custom fixes

$400 XBox 360 - "red rings of death"

But for my $120, that Vader is virtually perfect and far outshines any other 1/6 figure I currently own.

After all, for $60, I don't think I should have to deal with a weak base body with flimsy joints (Ventress), but I had to learn to deal with it unless I wanted the hassle of a multi-week backed-up Returns department.

Eye of the beholder. That's all I can say. :)

Medi Vader is awesome, I had him in my possession for all of one day. :D I sold him to fund my Hurricane Custom ESB Vader.

Just look at one of 'Cane's Vaders next to the Medi, he's MASSIVE!! :rock :vader

DSCF0048-2.jpg

I also chose ROTS vader, I just prefer Haden to Shaw any day of the week!

The hands are somewhat of a pain but once you get him posed, he's awesome! This is my first Medicom figure (I have Boba, Jango & Maul reserved) and I wasn't sure I was doing the right thing when I bought him until I saw him in person!

Here is a picture of him.

BTW: I was able to place the stand around his waist.

That's just something with which you'll have to deal with many items you buy.

No kidding. Thanks for shining that bit of information on me.:rolleyes:

$120 Medi Vader - poor design on hands

Again, when I'm paying this much for a 1/6th scale figure it better be pretty much no issues like this.

$350 Fett PF - ABS...nuff said there...

The ABS doesn't make the Fett PF bad or anything close. It has no bearing on the quality of the overall item. So this example is pretty much useless. Nice try though.

$60 Ventress - risk of defective body and chop-shop custom fixes

You're only saying this cause YOU got a bad one. The only issue I've seen with her are the sleeves. Which shouldn't happen but it's a $60 dollar figure. I'm much less to care on a $60 figure. I don't care who its made by.

$400 XBox 360 - "red rings of death"

You buy a Microsoft product expecting problems. :rotfl

But for my $120, that Vader is virtually perfect and far outshines any other 1/6 figure I currently own.

It's a good figure but for MY money it doesn't rank all that high honestly. I'd put several SS figures ahead of it and all my Medicom Troopers.

After all, for $60, I don't think I should have to deal with a weak base body with flimsy joints (Ventress), but I had to learn to deal with it unless I wanted the hassle of a multi-week backed-up Returns department.

Eye of the beholder. That's all I can say. :)

You shouldn't but you just got dealt a bad hand. Everyone else seems to be having no issues with her. So sucks 2 be you then. Both my Asajj figures buck bodies are fine and tight as a well you know what. :lol Again I'm less likely to be ok with issues when I start spending over $100 for a 1/6th scale figure. That's pretty easy to understand I would think but then again.

It's not really eye of beholder when you start spinning 100+ on a 1/6th scale figure. That's a Medicom fan just trying to spin it so their figure isn't talked about in a down way.

No kidding. Thanks for shining that bit of information on me.:rolleyes:

Again, when I'm paying this much for a 1/6th scale figure it better be pretty much no issues like this.

The ABS doesn't make the Fett PF bad or anything close. It has no bearing on the quality of the overall item. So this example is pretty much useless. Nice try though.

You're only saying this cause YOU got a bad one. The only issue I've seen with her are the sleeves. Which shouldn't happen but it's a $60 dollar figure. I'm much less to care on a $60 figure. I don't care who its made by.

You buy a Microsoft product expecting problems. :rotfl

It's a good figure but for MY money it doesn't rank all that high honestly. I'd put several SS figures ahead of it and all my Medicom Troopers.

You shouldn't but you just got dealt a bad hand. Everyone else seems to be having no issues with her. So sucks 2 be you then. Both my Asajj figures buck bodies are fine and tight as a well you know what. :lol Again I'm less likely to be ok with issues when I start spending over $100 for a 1/6th scale figure. That's pretty easy to understand I would think but then again.

It's not really eye of beholder when you start spinning 100+ on a 1/6th scale figure. That's a Medicom fan just trying to spin it so their figure isn't talked about in a down way.

Oh for crying out loud, Josh, I was just expressing an opinion with some examples that sprang to mind. Quit taking it so personally. And I never said I'm a Medicom fan. I just don't have as many issues with their figures.

Like you're so fond of telling so many other people, if you don't like the way your figure works for the price you paid, send it back or sell it.

You have your opinion. I have mine. And I'm not trying to spin anything or gripe about a bad hand. So nice attempt at trying to start another Bespin Luke scenario with me, but I'm not getting into this with you again.

You buy and review what you like. I'll do the same.

But I'm tired of trying to have an open discussion when you're involved.

Later.

EDIT: Just to clarify from my post from which I was dissected via multi-quote, the ABS Fett reference was meant to be tongue-in-cheek. Forgot to add the smiley face on it. And typically when someone labels something "risk of...", that generally means a particular unit/sample and not a blanket condemnation of the item/sample. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited:
That is, hands down, the best review for that piece I have ever read. Really nice pics too. I now have them all saved to my hard drive.

Nice job. :clap

That is, hands down, the best review for that piece I have ever read. Really nice pics too. I now have them all saved to my hard drive.

Nice job. :clap

Thanks, Marc. It definitely took a long time to write. I had to get all of that written, shot, and Photoshopped in between two jobs and the volunteer work for Yodasnews, so that's actually been a month in the making. Not gonna be spending that much time on a review again for a while, I tell you what. :lol

Besides, my plate is full with Ventress (now that my masking tape padding successfully counteracted the loose joints on my fluke Buck body), the now shipping McQ Kenobi/Yoda, and hopefully I'll be finding McQ Vader and Animated Fett soon.

If you like the pics so much, PM me your e-mail address, and I'll send you the original pics without the Yodasnews frame. I just ask you keep them for personal use only, naturally. :)

Oh for crying out loud, Josh, I was just expressing an opinion with some examples that sprang to mind. Quit taking it so personally. And I never said I'm a Medicom fan. I just don't have as many issues with their figures.

I was just expressing mine. So for crying out loud quit taking my disagreement with yours so personally. :rotfl If I don't agree I'm gonna tell you and if you can't take that then that's on you and not on me.

Like you're so fond of telling so many other people, if you don't like the way your figure works for the price you paid, send it back or sell it.

I just might actually. Cause the hands suck so bad but I may just super glue them on and go with one pose. :monkey3

You have your opinion. I have mine. And I'm not trying to spin anything or gripe about a bad hand. So nice attempt at trying to start another Bespin Luke scenario with me, but I'm not getting into this with you again.

Yes, I do and Yes, you do. So quit taking mine so personally when I tell you I don't agree. I don't take yours or anyone elses peronally I just tell ya if I think you're off base. People choose to ASSUME I'm taking it pesonally. :rotfl I'm not trying to start anything either again that's something people ASSUME with me. If I feel a need to reply I will. If the other person chooses to get into the debate I'm game. It's all about the discussion.:cool:

But I'm tired of trying to have an open discussion when you're involved.

My Bad. Was just trying to have a discussion in which I did not agree with you. :)

Last edited:
:horse

So anyways, what do other ROTS Vader owners think of their samples? Any other suggestions on how to modify the hands to stay on better?

Would definitely love to see pictures from other collectors too.

BTW, one other thing I may have failed to mention in my review (and I can't imagine how I left it out), Vader is one time where Medicom REALLY goofed with the scale. Even compared to OTHER Medicoms, Vader looks like a shrimp!!! :lol

Last edited:
i will agree with the scale issue. personally, i think Sideshow are a touch too big (i am using BBI and Dragon bodies as a template)... Medicom seems to be closer to target but the Vader is absolutely too short even to their scale... happily, everything is customizable, and believe me, the hobby becomes so much more enjoyable when one puts their own mark on it!

i will agree with the scale issue. personally, i think Sideshow are a touch too big (i am using BBI and Dragon bodies as a template)... Medicom seems to be closer to target but the Vader is absolutely too short even to their scale... happily, everything is customizable, and believe me, the hobby becomes so much more enjoyable when one puts their own mark on it!

I think the Sideshow body heights are very good, but the heads and hands have a tendancy to run a bit too large. Not always, but it has been a frequent offender in the SW line from what I've seen. Earlier figures (Highlander, Freddy vs. Jason, etc.) seem very much in proportion.

Too bad there was no way to coat the tip of Vader's forearms in metal and then install magnets inside the gloves... :(

yeah... i should have been more clear... i meant to reference the head size more than the actual body height in terms of scale issue.

Back