just a girl who grew up reading her big bro's comic books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the Freaks board kababayan.

Hi, I'm Ina. I grew up reading my big brother's comic books so I have a soft spot for X-men, X-Factor and Excalibur. Growing up I wished for a pet dragon like Lockheed, gushed at Kitty and Colossus' love story like a mini soap opera and adored the X-Babies :rotfl

I just started collecting last month. It brings back great memories and I love the artwork. It all started with the Angel Comiquette. When I saw it in person, I fell in love with the gorgeous detail and the crisp colors. I have recently added the LS Wolverine bust and the Psylocke Comiquette. I seem to like the more unpopular types :dunno

But I'm adding more 'collectible' items to my mini collection. I just ordered the Rogue PF Ex, Cyclops PF Ex and Gambit PF Ex (which may go to my bro) from ecanes09. And the Exclusive lot of X-Men Sentinel Diorama 1, 2 & 3..... So I guess I wont be eating out anytime soon :slap

Now I'm looking for Magik Comiquette Ex. I haven't decided on a Colossus yet. And I'm hoping that a better Wolverine will be available soon (brown costume). And I'm really keeping my fingers crossed for a nice looking Shadowcat and Lockheed one (imo, the diorama doesn't do them justice). :wink1:

:wave Hi comicbookguy! My orders finally came in. So here's my 3 month old collection so far. I'm a little shy because it's still so small :eek: I'm hoping to have a display case fabricated before xmas. :pray:

SideshowCollection.jpg

Wow! Great collection for 3 months!! :clap crap you got gambit?!?? I still can't get him yet after 7 months. Congrats to a great collection so soon. That's a pretty big collection already :) I love the x-men, and Jim lee is my favorite artists ever!

:wave Hi comicbookguy! My orders finally came in. So here's my 3 month old collection so far. I'm a little shy because it's still so small :eek: I'm hoping to have a display case fabricated before xmas. :pray:

SideshowCollection.jpg

Hi Spidey976! :wave Thank you for the welcome. Saw that you PO'ed the orig Batman PF. I like your taste :hi5: Good luck on your order, hope you post pics when it's set up

that is a sweet collection there ... I only have my Cap Movie PF so far... I would have Skaar, but i decided to spoil my wife and kids a little for Xmas instead...lol. As for Bats I will for sure post up some pics for sure. He is going to be a grail for me...:yess:.

SideshowCollection.jpg

very nice setup, but wow 3 months and all this? Slow down before you burn yourself out, this hobby is a marathon not a sprint.

Welcome to the grind :wave

very nice setup, but wow 3 months and all this? Slow down before you burn yourself out, this hobby is a marathon not a sprint.

Welcome to the grind :wave

Thank you gagaliya! I just wanted to get them before the prices went up even higher... I was too slow when it came to comics so I'm pretty trigger happy when I see a good sale for statues hehe :rotfl

I am not sure...but I suspect you have a slight X type leaning....:eek

Just a tad! :lol My dad saw my collection and started collecting too. He even asked me to bring him to the next ToyCon :rotfl

Hi Ina,
it's been said many times, many ways already but welcome on this forum and welcome to this great hobby!
It all started for me as well with reading the comic books and once I bought my first statue (the Galactus FS from Bowen Designs) I just knew I was hooked for life.
You did pretty well so far and I'd say you had an incredible start by acquiring such great pieces in only three months.
Way to go Ina; girl power! :D

Enjoy the pieces you have, buy only what you really, really like and never let this hobby turn into an obsession and you will go a long way.

Have fun!

Rainer

Thanks Rainer! I love Galactus too! I can't wait for the Maquette to come out, they keep on postponing the shipping date though :slap

I took a break from collecting though since I haven't had a chance to get my display case made. I had a few offers for a couple of them from collectors in my area but its so hard to let them go! :lol Funny as it sounds, they're like my babies :rotfl

~Welcome to the show~

Thank you for the welcome Tonymontana! :wave

Sorry, didn't realise you replied. I live in Australia. Your collection is coming along nicely. Great X-Men statues. Which one do u like the best?

I'm still really partial to the Angel, I just love the intricate details on the wings. I wish they'd come out with a nice Phoenix, I'd love to get my hands on that!! ;)

Welcome to the Freaks board kababayan.

Hi RyanGabriel! Salamat! What do you collect? Are you in the PI?

welcome aboard.....
Thank you Pred361! Nice to meet ya! :wave

Wow! Great collection for 3 months!! :clap crap you got gambit?!?? I still can't get him yet after 7 months. Congrats to a great collection so soon. That's a pretty big collection already :) I love the x-men, and Jim lee is my favorite artists ever!

Hehe yes I got 2 of them. One I decided to store. There aren't that many sellers so I figured the 2nd one will be a good investment. I love Jim Lee too, one of the best artists. I just didn't like the xmen blue and yellow uniforms though :lol

Back