Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone see the new 3.75” Legacy figures from mattel? I picked up the Alan Grant and they managed to fit faceprinting on him, like the newer Marvel Legends!

There’s a classic Jeep in the line too, but I didn’t see it. I’m going to hunt around for one today, and the other figures.

Anyone see the new 3.75” Legacy figures from mattel? I picked up the Alan Grant and they managed to fit faceprinting on him, like the newer Marvel Legends!

There’s a classic Jeep in the line too, but I didn’t see it. I’m going to hunt around for one today, and the other figures.

Congrats! I just started collecting this line too. I can confirm what others have said regarding the accuracy of the Target website - it will show items being out of stock at stores for hundreds of miles around me but when I went into the store, they had everything so I got my Legacy Collection AND the super colossal T. Rex. Maybe the site will update but until than, if you have the gas and the time, it wouldn't hurt to check into stores in person. You may be rewarded for your diligence. I was.

Yeah, I'm heading to one right now that said they have one left. I picked up Robert Muldoon too. I really hope they make Malcolm, Hammond, and the two kids in the next wave. Thanks for the tip. :duff

Also, which T-Rex is the best one in this line in terms of scale? I was going to get the Legacy one, but after seeing the others I'm not sure.

Extreme Chompin Rex (Two-pack at Walmart, Solo Legacy at Target), or Thrash N Throw are in good scale for 1/18 scale.

Malcom, spitting Dilophosaurus and running Gallimimus are already confirmed for Legacy wave 2.

Finally found Grant and Muldoon at a Target and picked up a legacy Raptor. I didn't wanna pay $40 for those multipack sets just to get the rightly colored dinos, so I'll just live with this or maybe I'll try my hand at painting the Raptor since it was only $10. I looked at several Grants; small nitpick but most of them had bad paint for his watch and the band was split and offset. I was able to find one that was pretty lined up.

They had the SC and Thrashin' Rex also. I'll order the Legacy EC Rex online since I can't find that in store.

There are some QC issues, apparently Grant’s hat is a separate piece, I looked at a solo Grant in Target just to compare to my box set version to see if there were differences other than lack of weapon, and noticed the solo figure’s hat was quite crooked where mine looked perfect.

Tempted to get a third TLW Raptor (and pray for a green EC Rex in the future) to somewhat recreate this scene.

header-jurassic-park-4-put-on-hold.jpg

Guess I may also have to pick up a couple of loose brown Raptors from the Legacy pack since they're the closest match to the other two in the image.

Last edited:
I always loved that picture. Can you imaging having that **** in your yard? I'd love it.

This was peak Winston IMO.

Makes me wish we had more middle-end JP collectibles. Similar in size to the EC, but with $60 or $80 paintjobs.

My TRU went 20% off action figures today so I was able to pick up the 4 $15 Dino’s, the $20 Stegosaurs and Carnator, all but the flying $8 dinosaurs, and Owen and a mercenary at a decent price. Way more than I probably should have spent, but at 20% off those were going to go fast. Might be a good time to check your TRU and see if they have anything worthwhile.

Is the Legacy Lego set coming out anytime soon? I saw other JP sets at Target but wasn't sure if that was being released right now.

Ohh ok; I thought all legacy stuff was Target exclusive.

Legacy Collection is Target exclusive, but it's a Mattel Exclusive, LEGO is separate and offering new and classic sets and I believe LEGO has produced sets over the years even when Kenner/Hasbro had the JP License, I'm sure Mattel was given a lot more stipulations when taking over the license but also trying to ensure balance sales. By driving collectors to multiple sources, it's bound to get them to buy more than if they could one stop shot, like you see SC Rex at Walmart while you're grabbing their exclusives and you think, would be cool but don't need it, then you're at Target, you see SC Rex again and now part of you is like, does look awesome, oh I have to get it.

I think on every level, except maybe low inventory but even that doesn't seem to really be a concern, Mattel is handling this license quite well and definitely the right hands for it to be in, I have loved Hasbro for a long time, but these days, I don't know who they're aiming products at, but some decisions seem like real head scratchers, where back in the day they were a brand you could count on to stand above the rest.

Back