Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW)

Maul, go check out the JP thread on fwoosh someone over there did a really good looking repaint of it. Not sure if they had a lot of issues with the mixed media or not though.

Thanks for the tip, not quite film accurate but shows how solid the base figure is and how impressive it can be with proper paint. For $50, maybe $10 worth of paint and some of my time, totally worth it.

I may also get extreme chompin Rex for the fun of it, might get one for my son too.

Guys! What's the toys r us exclusive going to be?.... Too soon?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I may also get extreme chompin Rex for the fun of it, might get one for my son too.

That’s probably what I am going to be doing. My son loves Jurassic Park even though he hasn’t see any of the movies (too young at least according to my wife). Something about dinosaurs running around chasing people is just fun for kids.

That’s probably what I am going to be doing. My son loves Jurassic Park even though he hasn’t see any of the movies (too young at least according to my wife). Something about dinosaurs running around chasing people is just fun for kids.

My son is turning 4 in June, though he might be able to handle the JP movies, he was watching the Harry Potter franchise at 4 months old, but he's recently taken a shine to science and dinosaurs, I already have some toys at home so I'll use that to see if he's interested enough.

It's a little disappoint what's out there today for kids and dinosaurs, I looked through Toys R Us the other day, and they were either creepy and scary looking, or extremely childish.

When I was a kid, Playskool put out a pretty good line of fairly realistic but still kid friendly toys, I loved them all the way up to Jurassic Park's release.

Definitely-Dinosaur-Blog-Cover-400x309.png

I'm actually looking at the new JWFK line as potential for my son. I also plan to get Blue for myself, looks like a nice Raptor, maybe get two and paint one in a JP 1 color scheme.

I want the new Rex, but the only place that has it is eBay and they want $120. **** that.

Oh I didn't realize that. I'm glad I didn't get overzealous and grabbed it now for double the cost.

Yeah, Mexican stores seem to have gotten them stocked early but US street date is a few weeks away.

Saw my Target had the JW2 blind packs today but no other toys yet. May start seeing these things pop up sooner.

Saw my Target had the JW2 blind packs today but no other toys yet. May start seeing these things pop up sooner.

:panic:

Should we start a Jurassic Park/World buy and trade thread for collectors who see things in one state but not the one they live in? Could help complete sets. :rock

Thank god for Mattel!

3cBZitS.jpg

Sure beats the snot out of this in every conceivable way.

maxresdefault.jpg

Damn hasblow just didn't try. I always thought they sucked and marvel toys took a huge dive in quality after toybiz left.

My Target got some thrasher Rex figs but won't sell them until....4/20.

Thread updated with new movie tag.

Also Mattel is kinda revolutionary... I mean after all, only a toy company could copy a novelty whore doll in europe and articulate it to resell for kids. :lol

I'm wondering if Barbie line will do a Alan Grant/Elllie Sattler combo or Muldoon with Clever Girl later on. :lol

Would be nice to see a green release of the Extreme Chompin' Rex in the Legacy Collection to match TLW and JP3. Not crazy about the light brown, especially if they're putting out a Spino in the same line.

Would be great to do some wearable jp goggles like they did with the prop ghostbust stuff or like hasbro does with the Star Wars helmets

Back