Juggernaut!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Juggernaut PF?!
How in the blue freaking hell can someone make a PF of Juggy when he wears armor?

Please tell me, I want to know.

SS will screw this up...believe me. They have been getting very good latley at NOT delivering what collectors want.
But if your interested in seeing a REAL Juggernaut piece go here

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=113205

Chris

I have to agree with you 100%.

I always saw myself sticking to Sideshow's 1/4 stuff, but awkward poses, strange poses, terrible cloth application and exclusives that don't really push the piece over the top have me looking and buying elsewhere.

Say what you will about supporting unlicensed collectibles, but when they're producing all-around better looking pieces, they'll continue to get my business.

I have to agree with you 100%.

I always saw myself sticking to Sideshow's 1/4 stuff, but awkward poses, strange poses, terrible cloth application and exclusives that don't really push the piece over the top have me looking and buying elsewhere.

Say what you will about supporting unlicensed collectibles, but when they're producing all-around better looking pieces, they'll continue to get my business.

9/10 times I'd rather have sideshow stuff than unlicensed stuff.

Just because Sideshow makes some dooseys here and there doesn't mean they don't deliver.

Juggernaut is a character that doesn't need to be a PF...just make him a 1/4th comiquette and don't screw up his pose or try some goofy-alternate-universe-random-ass costume. The only way PF would would is if they use pleather for his bands.

Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Doom, and others are still considered epic because Sideshow gave collectors what the collectors wanted and actually cared about the sculpts. We have repeatedly made it clear. We want it classic. We want it 1/4th.

Please, do NOT give us this in 1/5th:
3762641266_36afc2f33c.jpg

Just because Sideshow makes some dooseys here and there doesn't mean they don't deliver.

To be perfectly honest, I think that all too often people get hung up on the company's name that's on a statue. I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of it, but there are better 1/4 scale representations of many top tier characters out there besides what Sideshow has produced.

I love most of the older Sideshow PFs and comiquettes, but it seems like the days of well thought out statues and the mentality of 'quality>quantity' is long gone. There are still quite a few high quality SS pieces coming out (Gambit, Black Panther, Spidey/Venom/Carnage comiquettes), but not like they used to.

Just one example of many, but this 1/4 Silver Surfer absolutely blows Sideshow's out of he water. I guarantee that people would have gladly paid $400+ and a non-refundable deposit for something like this with Sideshow's name on it.

halimawSS.jpg

To be perfectly honest, I think that all too often people get hung up on the company's name that's on a statue. I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of it, but there are better 1/4 scale representations of many top tier characters out there besides what Sideshow has produced.

I love most of the older Sideshow PFs and comiquettes, but it seems like the days of well thought out statues and the mentality of 'quality>quantity' is long gone. There are still quite a few high quality SS pieces coming out (Gambit, Black Panther, Spidey/Venom/Carnage comiquettes), but not like they used to.

Just one example of many, but this 1/4 Silver Surfer absolutely blows Sideshow's out of he water. I guarantee that people would have gladly paid $400+ and a non-refundable deposit for something like this with Sideshow's name on it.

halimawSS.jpg
The head sculpt and paint job is phenomenal but I prefer everything else on the Sideshow version. And no its not just brand name. Sideshow has made some crappy products but personally with the unlicensed stuff, I could count on my hand which pieces impressed me (Deadpool 1/4, Juggernaut 1/4? and an Ares 1/4 scale.) Other than that thats it.

What I find with unlicensed stuff compared to Sideshow stuff is that unlicensed stuff usually has better quality and paintjobs(possibly due to a smaller factor?) but sideshow has better sculpts bar none.

What I find with unlicensed stuff compared to Sideshow stuff is that unlicensed stuff usually has better quality and paintjobs(possibly due to a smaller factor?) but sideshow has better sculpts bar none.

That's up for debate...

magneto.jpg

The harder we wish for a 1/4 scale the more SS is going to give us a 1/5 scale just for spike.

1/4 or 1/5 this will be MINE
also give us Deadpool, Cable, Omega Red Sideshow!!!

This has my attention if it is 1/4 scale

I really like that SS admitted they took a step back to make him better and BIGGER, thats wise.

better be his classic costume.

if it isn't, the loud boom you hear when pics go up is this forum exploding :rotfl

:1-1: :exactly: :pray:

Really hope it will be classic and a brutal looking pose.

I really hope Sideshow sees what happens when they do a half-assed job on a PF.

See Sabretooth.

Back