Judge Dredd 1:4 scale diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you think there may be hope of being on the wait list?:dunno

Honestly....................................no

But you can buy mine if you like?

Im asking 1 MILLION dollars for it

Dr_EvilTXB.jpg

Chris

So has this come out yet?
It said September 2012
How many will pick it up now since DREDD 3D was so awesome?

It's because I loved the movie so much that I definitely can't be bothered with this statue. I love the way Dredd looks in the film. His suit is awesome and his appearance is the perfect blend of a classic design and more modern style. To me the only Dredd collectible I would want would be of that movie design. Hopefully Sideshow makes a PF.

Hmm I want to see some reviews of this piece. I've been reading the Dredd comics and I like them a lot. It will probably take another year or two before 3A rolls out their Dredd figure and this seems like a nice Dredd piece to have until then. Plus I am interested in the Judge Death piece and he needs a companion statue to get the most out of him.

Hmm I want to see some reviews of this piece. I've been reading the Dredd comics and I like them a lot. It will probably take another year or two before 3A rolls out their Dredd figure and this seems like a nice Dredd piece to have until then. Plus I am interested in the Judge Death piece and he needs a companion statue to get the most out of him.

I would prefer to see reviews on the piece as well, but I'm already comitted to the exclusive. I saw what I assume is the proto at Comiccon and it looked decent. My main problem with the statue is it's based on Simon Bisley's take on Dredd and he wasn't high on my list of favored Dredd artists. Would much have preferred a Bolland, Dillon, Staples, or Wilson Dredd.

I would prefer to see reviews on the piece as well, but I'm already comitted to the exclusive. I saw what I assume is the proto at Comiccon and it looked decent. My main problem with the statue is it's based on Simon Bisley's take on Dredd and he wasn't high on my list of favored Dredd artists. Would much have preferred a Bolland, Dillon, Staples, or Wilson Dredd.

I'd agree with that. I ordered the ex and I'm definitely looking forward to it (please let there be no breakage or paint issues), but in all honesty I would have far preferred either Bolland or Dillon be made, as they are my personal favourite Dredd artists, and both have a long history with the character. Or Hell, even Carlos Ezquerra.

But Bisley, that was an odd sort of choice, given that Bisley hasn't done all that much Judge Dredd artwork to begin with. Seems very weird to immortalise his version of the character in statue form, especially when it is the only version we'll get.

Still, as I said, I remain excited for the piece regardless.

It's about time Bisley's art got made. The man is a god! then again everybody would like to have their favourite artists work be produced.

Yeah I love Bolland's Dredd and Death the most. I think they made a weird choice with this piece.

Yeah I love Bolland's Dredd and Death the most. I think they made a weird choice with this piece.

Yeah, agreed. I'm also confused by their upcoming Judge Death, it's not Bisley's take on the character. Looks kind of like a Greg Staples rendition. They're going to look kinda weird on a shelf together.

Has Bisley even done a take on Judge Death, like for a pin up or something? I can't recall one.

Then again I can only recall Bisley ever illustrating one (short) Dredd story full stop, so...

Why they wouldn't pick a longstanding and respected Dredd artist and base every piece on their work is a bit mind boggling really.

Has Bisley even done a take on Judge Death, like for a pin up or something? I can't recall one.

Then again I can only recall Bisley ever illustrating one (short) Dredd story full stop, so...

Why they wouldn't pick a longstanding and respected Dredd artist and base every piece on their work is a bit mind boggling really.

Maybe this was the cheapest ways to acquire what was probably already a cheap license?

Bisley did indeed render Judge Death for the first Batman/Judge Dredd teamup, Judgement on Gotham. I may not care much for Bisley's take on Dredd, I would say he is still pretty popular amongst some circles. He did just recently do a Dredd cover for 2000AD. I did not care for it though....

Ah, yes, forgot about Judgement on Gotham. Which is odd, because I actually really like that crossover, even not being a big crossover fan in general.

And I have no argument against Bisley being popular, I know he very much is, nor am I saying he isn't talented, just that he's not particularly known for his limited amount of Dredd work is all. In fact he wouldn't be in the top ten of Dredd artists to my mind, in terms of overall contribution and importance. But hey, that is the way they swung, so...

Given that they did decide to go with Bisley for Dredd though, I agree that it is rather odd that they didn't match it with his take on Death as well.

Still, as long as it piece turns out well as far as the final production goes, I'll have no complaints.

Ah, yes, forgot about Judgement on Gotham. Which is odd, because I actually really like that crossover, even not being a big crossover fan in general.

And I have no argument against Bisley being popular, I know he very much is, nor am I saying he isn't talented, just that he's not particularly known for his limited amount of Dredd work is all. In fact he wouldn't be in the top ten of Dredd artists to my mind, in terms of overall contribution and importance. But hey, that is the way they swung, so...

Given that they did decide to go with Bisley for Dredd though, I agree that it is rather odd that they didn't match it with his take on Death as well.

Still, as long as it piece turns out well as far as the final production goes, I'll have no complaints.

Yeah, pretty much agree with all your points. I would say he was much better known for his work on Slaine, his take on the character being the defining one. It suited his art style much more.

Back