Judd Apatow Movies suck!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's just the area or school she grew up in. Dusty are you Quaker? I'm probably younger than Dusty, but there wasn't a character in Superbad that I couldn't peg as someone from my school. I think it's one of the most accurate, though exaggerated looks at a high schoolers life. Hell we were worse, I can't imagine what it's like now days.

:mwaha

No, but I was a huge band nerd, and a soccer player and honor student, so maybe my crowd was just different than the 'typical' teenage experience in 1992-95. John Hughes films were the classics of my group, it was like a right of passage to watch them all. Just switch out the 80s music for Pearl Jam and Nirvana, and that was us. It was the start of some of the 'raves' so some did hard drugs (acid, X, etc), but mostly the hardest was pot and 24 cans of Dr. Pepper in one night's sleepover.

:mwaha

No, but I was a huge band nerd, and a soccer player and honor student, so maybe my crowd was just different than the 'typical' teenage experience in 1992-95. John Hughes films were the classics of my group, it was like a right of passage to watch them all. Just switch out the 80s music for Pearl Jam and Nirvana, and that was us.

Sure....."This one time at band camp!"

Sounds like you grew up like my wife, only subtract the cool music part.

hard drugs (acid, X, etc),

I kinda remember them as being the fun drugs :confused:

:lol jk

:naughty

In all seriousness going back to superbad. If you didn't laugh when he was all nervous standing at the counter paying for the liquor then out of no where gets knocked into next week something is wrong. THAT was funny.

My wife really enjoyed it, but not as much as me. I think Dave eluded to this earlier, it gave me tons of high school flashbacks. From the perverse swearing (which has still carried on in life) to wanting to nail the hot chick (or whatever depending how drunk you got). That was high school. She was amazed at some of the things that happened in the movie that I had a story about from my younger days... Oh to go back to that time :angelsmil

Both the Breakfast Club and Superbad had characters that were pretty much typical of my high school, with one exception, the total lack of gangbangers.
Must be a LA thing.

Ms. Ryanfromindiana and I just got back from seeing this..we both loved it. I laughed too loud several times at unexpectedly funny moments. My guess is the folks who don't like it wear British Knights. :lol

:huh:huh:huh

Back