Josh's Collection Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
That's right!!! I will call on my friends in the Kurgan Crusade to help me.

We are always at the ready to help a supporter in need...

You collection looks much like mine...I have thousands of dollars worth of stuff on "cheap" shelves....Right now it not that high on my list. I want to own a home first were I can really have a bad ass display. For now I want to spend my money on my collection and when I get a home then I can add an awesome display too.

King Darkness said:
We are always at the ready to help a supporter in need...

King Darkness said:
You collection looks much like mine...I have thousands of dollars worth of stuff on "cheap" shelves....Right now it not that high on my list. I want to own a home first were I can really have a bad ass display. For now I want to spend my money on my collection and when I get a home then I can add an awesome display too.

That's kind of my thoughts on the subject.

Display is essential IMO.. I would tastefully display the favorite peices, and box the peices that do not fit, only to display them in all thier glory when the time is right.... Be creative and construct shelving for specific pieces in strategic locations..

Either that or send Queer Eye for The Straight Guy over there.. Thom?..Carson?..Kyan?..

*gay voice* Hello?...

Bodie The Cursed said:
Display is essential IMO.. I would tastefully display the favorite peices, and box the peices that do not fit, only to display them in all thier glory when the time is right.... Be creative and construct shelving for specific pieces in strategic locations..

Either that or send Queer Eye for The Straight Guy over there.. Thom?..Carson?..Kyan?..

*gay voice* Hello?...

Well, as more things come in some stuff might get boxed up actually. So we will see how things go.

I can't believe people post douchey comments about a collection display looking average or sub-par. Sure its nice to have great displays, but thats not always possible... I say be happy with your collectibles and how you display them. It doesn't have to be about who's is best or being better than average.

Could be I'm sensitive since I don't have an uber nice diplay case myself :monkey2 And I just moved so all my crap is in boxes.

Well if you're throwing pics up on the web to show off your items, expect some responses other than the circle jerk "cool".

EVILFACE said:
Well if you're throwing pics up on the web to show off your items, expect some responses other than the circle jerk "cool".
I agree. I don't think anyone was just doing some petty ribbing on Josh. I have most of my stuff in boxes now too because I would rather present them in a cooler way where I don't have to worry about kids, dust, and sunlight. :chug

It's all good. I took no offense even to High Elven's comments which was meant how he posted it.

I don't expect circle jerks and cumbaya... but at the same time there is no reason to be rude either. Just my opinion on it... sorry to ruffle feathers :monkey3

galactiboy said:
I don't expect circle jerks and cumbaya... but at the same time there is no reason to be rude either. Just my opinion on it... sorry to ruffle feathers :monkey3

It's all good GB. :chew

LOoking good Josh!!! Very nice collection indeed :rock I like your GG Maul (International) I envy you :monkey2

Thanks ST! I'm proud of my collection especially since most of it was put together while I was in college. I do want to get a nicer display setup going and once I get my own place that will happen. Till then I have to be as diligent as possible in dusting and not acting crazy like.

Added a couple of pics to my gallery at Shadow & Flame of my Wolverine Comicquette, Semi-Deformed Vader, and Stormie.

Have a new camera coming. Will take updated pics of my collection as it looks now when that camera comes in.

jlcmsu said:
Have a new camera coming. Will take updated pics of my collection as it looks now when that camera comes in.

24805BP~The-Simpsons-Mr-Burns-Excellent.jpg

Those pics are brilliant, great collection you like there. I got the new narnia bookends for my christmas. Don't want to open the box up though.

Colin

Back