Joker's coat of grenades

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddogjwn13

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'd like to create this on my Hot Toys Joker. I was wondering if anyone would have any tips on how to make straps or something to keep the grenades on his jacket. I have all the grenades and plan to just use purple thread to string the pins to his thumb, but whats the best route for holding the grenades in place? I guess my inability to sew will really hurt my attempt to do this, too.

jokercoat.jpg

jokercoat2.jpg

jokercoat3.jpg

jokercoat4.jpg

You could always try micro velcro.A little dab of glue and vecro on one side of the grenade and some fabritac and velcro on the inside of the coat/vest.

Your best bet would be to use elastic you can buy lots of different sizes in a fabric shop.
Use hidden stitching on them so just sew the elastic in to the red lining do not go as far as the purple.
Let me know of any Qs

downloaded it. Don't worry all you federal agents out there, I will be purchasing the movie on Blu-ray the instant it comes out, so don't arrest me. This is just to tide me over til Dec 9th

FINALLY got my Joker totally done, just in time for Hot Toys to release exactly what I wanted... Here are some crappy shots. Thanks blindvoyeur for the amazing tailoring. Chris Howes and Chris Caraveo(kuato) for the head!

Joker-07-01-09.jpg

Joker2-07-01-09.jpg

Joker-grenades-07-01-09.jpg

Joker3-07-01-09.jpg

Very nicely done. I love the hair. Whoever did that sure did a nice job. Everything about this figure is great. Like I said the hair stuck out for me. Once again, very nice work and the figure looks great.

Back