Joker cutoms, and modification thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get anything from him before? He's prompt to response but I'm still not so sure....and he wants full payment up front

I send him my DX11 to him to did custom job.
This is what I got back.
aK6826f.jpg

RCKWJ1zh.jpg

Kxov0mx.jpg

LonucBvh.jpg

I think his rooted hair work is awesome.

Hey Guys. I am super new to the forums..and collecting Hot Toys. I recently picked up a 2.0 Bank Robber Joker and would like to "Convert" him to the interrogation scene joker... I was thinking about getting the clothes from "Onesixthkit". Where can one obtain the "smiling joker head sclupt from?" and also with the heads that come from overseas. Hong Kong or china whats the difference? I am cool with spending a bit of money to get a decent Head sculpt. I wouldnt even know what the avg price is. Sorry for all of the questions and thanks for your help!

Wutsup, fellow Freaks!

Just wanted to share a paintjob I did out of boredom on my old police Joker headsculpt.

I didn't endeavor to make this into anything special, and didn't expect anything remarkable. The flesh tone on Heath Ledger's Joker face just begged to be colored, so I took a chalk marker, lipstick, a faber-castel artist pen (brush tip,) and eye-liner and started to F around.

I know standards are high here, so I have no clue how this compares to the better paintjobs out there. It's certainly not a permanent look, as almost all of the materials used can rub off easily, but I enjoyed it, and peeps on insta loved it...

Attachments

• joker2.jpg
    joker2.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 1,053
  • joker.jpg
    joker.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 1,055
Also, I never got the chance to buy a DX 11, and I'm now looking for a clothing set, as I have a body and the DX 02 head.

I found this on eBay, and want to know if this is the clothes that came stock with the dx 11, or something else.

By perusing this thread, I've come to realize that the stock coat may not be the "kato" design as I had originally thought. I know that Kato seems to be the guy that makes the most faithful clothing options for joker figures, but I'm not trying to spend $300 for a coat, when I can search hard, and find the whole DX 11 package for 5-600.

Are the Kato coat, and the DX 11 coat the same?

Is the coat in this clothing set labeled: Custom CGL C-02 Suit for DX 11 the stock set, or a custom set? Has anyone purchased it, or heard anything about it? Or is this actually the clothing that came stock with the DX 11?

Basically, I'm going for the best damned Ledger Joker figure I can get. In everyone's respective opinions, what are the best headsculpts out there, and the best set of clothes?

Thanks, guys and gals!

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1,048
That clothing set is a knockoff version of the DX11 stuff. They hold up pretty well compared to the DX11 set. I have both. The clothes are great, but finding a genuine DX11 or DX01 blazer and overcoat will make a world of difference. Both jackets are a bit bulky. I cut the sleeves off the knockoff blazer to cut the bulk down and get better articulation.

So, unless you want to get the actual DX11, this set is a great alternative.

As for the head... that's a whole other story. It's all about your tastes, morals, and how much money you want to spend.

That clothing set is a knockoff version of the DX11 stuff. They hold up pretty well compared to the DX11 set. I have both. The clothes are great, but finding a genuine DX11 or DX01 blazer and overcoat will make a world of difference. Both jackets are a bit bulky. I cut the sleeves off the knockoff blazer to cut the bulk down and get better articulation.

So, unless you want to get the actual DX11, this set is a great alternative.

As for the head... that's a whole other story. It's all about your tastes, morals, and how much money you want to spend.

I appreciate your input. :)

I have a dx 01, and the brighter colors of the dx 11 is what I'm going for.

One guy did say the same exact thing as you did; that the cgl overcoat is too bulky. Another guy said exactly what you said about correcting the bulkiness by cutting the sleeves off. this is the pic he sent me, and I think it looks incredible.

it seems to me that the cgl coat can look just fine if one knows how to futz with it. No? How about the texture and quality vs. the stock dx 11 coat?

Also, do you know where I can purchase some dx 11 clothing?

Attachments

• jokerpose2.jpg
    jokerpose2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,020
That looks excellent! Hair looks like quality and they have really improved the paint on the face.

Hey, man!

So, I finally got a hold of the CGL clothes, plus a DX 11 over coat, shirt, and blazer with the replica MJ Choi head.

The CGL clothes is a mixed bag.... the coat is actually nearly identical to the stock coat (with the exception of the buttons, and the way that it falls,) and so long as you pay enough attention to where the collar is in relation to the neck, the coat falls just fine. The shoes were particularly nice, but the vest, shirt, and blazer were very disappointing.... it's almost like the cloth feels like paper in some ways.

Lol.. I have to say: I'm a visual artist who sculpts, and pays close attention to art forms that utilize bodily movement and posturing... and even so, I kept posing my figure, and kept getting frustrated because it didn't reflect Heath Ledger like yours does. I took a closer look at yours, and it suddenly became obvious: I had to carefully posture the mid-section (abdomen) so that it was leaning back, and simultaneously arching the chest forward with the shoulders slumped a bit, and folding inward-essentially making the upper part of his body like a cavity ( if that makes any sense.)

You truly know your stuff, and I commend you on your ability to balance everything with the dx 11. If the shoulders fold inward, they tend to drop as well. The line resulting from the highest lateral surface of the coat (the shoulders) should not be at a tremendous slope downward, but a very gradual slope out to the sides. That requires the shoulder areas of the coat to be pulled upward, floating about the shoulders... and you did that so nicely.

Now it's on to find a tie, a vest, shoes, socks, pants (so that I can return the CGL stuff) and a knife... Anyone reading this with any of these things, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. :)

After that, it's on to modifying the head sculpt. How did you remove the paint job and attach the lamb wool that you used??

This is my first custom here. The Joker 'Hit me!' scene. Custom head sculpt, mold, paint, rooted hair. So proud about my newly developed movable eyeballs system.
IMG_2276.jpg
IMG_2277.jpg
Hope you'll like this.

Attachments

• IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 567
  • IMG_2277.jpg
    IMG_2277.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 565
I have a question- I am in a search for the Joker outfit to go with my head sculpt (Creg Customs/modded and painted by Vargas Workshop). I've consulted with Kato, as much as I want to spend hundreds on his joker custom outfit, I can't so my question is which would be better to get- HT Dx11 outfit OR CGL outfit?

Back