John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum - May 17, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: John Wick: Chapter 3 - May 17, 2019

It was funny to me, when watching that scene I was like this is straight out of the raid, just to look up the actors after the movie just to find out the very scene that JW3 reminded me of was the scene that had the same actors in it in the raid lol.

I love both Raid movies.

Loved seeing two of the actors from those films in this one.

Great stuff.

Spoiler Spoiler:

OK now for my thoughts..

I went into JW1 expecting very little. What I got was a pretty great action/revenge movie that overstayed its welcome in the last 15 or so min. But I loved its graphic novel feel. Not a film that I thought was the greatest thing but good.

JW2 was good but never as good as the original. I thought the action in it got a little long in the tooth. But by the end with the cliffhanger, I could not wait for chapter 3

JW3 is light on story. But the action in this one is by far the best in the series. The film was an extremely fast paced 2 hour and 10 min and I was shocked to find out that that was the run time at the end of the film. Tons of fist fights / Knife fights / sword fights / dog v Human fights / of course gun fights / and a good motorcycle chase or two.. All of them different enough form each other to never get boring.

Bring on Chapter 4 I am ready.

Fav movie of the year for me.

Yes its dumb fun.. But I was ready for it :)

serious body count as expected,excellent action and stunt work.Cool to see Yayan Ruhian in an almost comical crazy fight scene.Was a fun film.. great knife in the eye.Crazy cool Horse scenes.Partly wasted story IMO.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved it!!! Amazing action, story while not as good as the first 2 made sense considering he didn't have any other options.

I will watch as many Wick movies as I can get.

serious body count as expected,excellent action and stunt work.Cool to see Yayan Ruhian in an almost comical crazy fight scene.Was a fun film.. great knife in the eye.Crazy cool Horse scenes.Partly wasted story IMO.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Don't forget the Dogs.. If he doesn't go to Casablanca we don't get the dogs :)

He deserves to in my opinion. This movie was so much more satisfying than endgame to me at least.

Me too. I liked Endgame but this movie just hit all the right spots.

Endgame was the better made movie and had a better story but this movie killed it in the action department.

Those actually weren't German Shepherds (I have one), those were Belgian Malinois which can be more ornery than GSDS LOL

I was so happy when I found that c*ck sucker was unsuccessful in killing that dog, and that the dog got some great revenge!
Its Asian Cinema Invincible..

Who cares? The fight scenes in this are top notch chorography.

I like the first one but ended up not enjoying the last 20 min... It got a bit goofy.

2nd one was OK. Had some good action but everybody kept running at JW even thought they had guns which got boring.

Part 3 had some of that..

The first two I left the theaters a bit disappointed over the promise of what could have been.

This one delivered IMO.

Great stuff.

Agreed.. We are going to start complaining about invincible action hero's now :lol

I think you will Dig this Clown. Variety of Action is Fun..

Love the German Shepherds

Yeah not too much plot..

But I cant get over that it was basically 2 hrs and 10 min of action and I never got sick of it.

Those actually weren't German Shepherds (I have one), those were Belgian Malinois which can be more ornery than GSDS LOL

I was so happy when I found that c*ck sucker was unsuccessful in killing that dog, and that the dog got some great revenge!

I thought I might be wrong in my Dog identification when I typed that in :lol

I thought while watching the movie they looked a little off from a GS. Actually when they first encountered JW I didn't think they were but as the film went on I did... I am no expert so I went with the basics :lol

I thought I might be wrong in my Dog identification when I typed that in :lol

I thought while watching the movie they looked a little off from a GS. Actually when they first encountered JW I didn't think they were but as the film went on I did... I am no expert so I went with the basics :lol
Honestly up until I got my GSD (Buddy), I somehow didn't even know about the malinois. But while I was researching the GSD breed, I noticed a lot of people talking about the malinois and that's how I found out about them. Basically, the dog from Stepbrothers that I thought forever was a GSD was actually a malinois lol

Don't forget the Dogs.. If he doesn't go to Casablanca we don't get the dogs :)

Yep' the Dogs were real nut biters.:lol

Oscar-winning actress Halle Berry worked and played with the 10 Dogs used in the film, five Belgian Malinois and five Belgian Shepherds so that they essentially became her dogs. Game of Thrones wolf trainer Andrew Simpson was the dog coordinator on John Wick 3.

Last edited:

Great action, poor story. At the end of the day the story is what drives a movie for me because regardless of how great the action is I don't care who is fighting who and why if I don't connect to the characters and their motivations. This whole story seemed like kind of a waste considering:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great action, poor story. At the end of the day the story is what drives a movie for me because regardless of how great the action is I don't care who is fighting who and why if I don't connect to the characters and their motivations. This whole story seemed like kind of a waste considering:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I thought the story was solid enough.. At least as solid as the 2nd movie.

I will agree that this seems more like a set up for part 4 though.

But I am OK with that.

Spoiler Spoiler:
As far as connecting with the characters, John Wick is the only one you really need to connect with, and you've had 2 prior movies to figure that out.

As far as connecting with the characters, John Wick is the only one you really need to connect with, and you've had 2 prior movies to figure that out.

Pretty much how I feel... SInce each film pretty much picks up right when the other leaves off, its all been one big story.

I actually really liked this. Wasn’t the biggest fan of jw 2. But this was impressive. Dragged a bit towards the end , but damn it was impressive. The knife fight and the book fight were the stand outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually really liked this. Wasn’t the biggest fan of jw 2. But this was impressive. Dragged a bit towards the end , but damn it was impressive. The knife fight and the book fight were the stand outs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same feeling about part 2.. But a repeat viewing did help it.

Yes knife fight and book fight were amazing.. I liked the Dog fight also..

Back