John Wayne in 3-5 Days

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
occulum said:
Cant work one into the budget, but I wanted one of these. ended up cancelling

my idea was to create a wooden wall back drop for him and attempt to sculpt and hang on the wall 1/4 scale super hero's & villan's heads hanging from the walll behind him.
As in "Nobody can F with the Duke. NOBODY!"

.. yes I wanted to hang even the hero's heads and villans ... Hulk, Cap, Red Skull, Spidey, Omega Red, SSurfer, Thanos, Punisher, Conan, etc.... (Predator would be cool, but I couldnt even attempt to sculpt one)

Wow--my plans to hang a poster on the wall behind him suddenly don't sound very interesting!

:D

tomandshell said:
Wow--my plans to hang a poster on the wall behind him suddenly don't sound very interesting!

:D
:rotfl ah man no way.
it would take A LOT of work for my idea to actually materialize. I knew it was doomed from conception.

... hell I dont even have one..

tomandshell said:
I am really scaling back on anything other than Star Wars and the LOTR PFs, but I can make an exception with something like this.

As am I. :duff

Nice pics Tom.

Mine won't be here till Wednesday and that's if Fedex delivers it late so that I can sign for it. If not, Ill have to wait till Thursday.

Truly one of SideShow's best pieces and probably the best representation of a real life person that they have done. Is the base made of resin or wood?

I recieved mine tonight around 7pm....

I absolutley LOVE this PF. He is my favorite peice that Sideshow has created by far. I spent the night arranging the shelf that he will be living on. As of now I have a 27x40 poster of Tombstone hanging with The Duke infront of it. I then have all of my western dvds next to him. I even ordered 5 or 6 more westerns tonight so that my collection could look nicer.

Side note: I have the nicest Fed Ex driver in the world. He is new to my neighborhood and I hope that he sticks around for a long time. Last month when my Roger Moore was delivered I was not home. He took the time to look up my cell phone number and called me. I was only a ten minutes drive away from the house so he waited for me to get home so I could sign... Tonight he came late because he knew I do not get home from work until after 5pm. He told me that he noted in his computer log to deliver to my house last on his daily route so that I would not miss my packages.

tomandshell said:
duke03xv6.jpg

wow. it seems they didn't weather the jacket/vest as much as the proto but they got those pants down!! they're wrinkled just like they'd been worn.

My Dad got his today. He just got home so we just looked so no pics till later. Very nice piece and he's really impressed but thinks I spent too much on him for x-mas. Bah I say he's my Dad. We have to order a case for it but I told him we have to leave it out long enough to measure it. He got #528/1000.

Anyone know what the brass ring around his right wrist is for?

Also Tom if you would measure yours and PM them to me so we can order a case. That way we can keep it sealed. Dad has no place to put this till we get a case.

jlcmsu said:
Also Tom if you would measure yours and PM them to me so we can order a case. That way we can keep it sealed. Dad has no place to put this till we get a case.

I packed mine up for now but I will measure it later this week and post some dimensions if nobody beats me to it.

The Duke looks so good. More pics, more pics!!
I LOVE the base too. its so simple and perfect. If ever there were a PF 'Man With No Name,' thats the base it MUST have:D
(and I really, really, really want a PF 'Man With No Name')

BDboystoys said:
The Duke looks so good. More pics, more pics!!
I LOVE the base too. its so simple and perfect. If ever there were a PF 'Man With No Name,' thats the base it MUST have:D
(and I really, really, really want a PF 'Man With No Name')

freakin A!! i'd smack kittens for a MWNN PF!

Thank you all for your patience with the Duke. This one was especially near and dear to our hearts, and we had to work out a couple kinks in production. Glad to see the positive reviews!

You guys did a great job on the Duke...and Tom thanks for posting pics...the The Duke looks great in PF form!!

Sideshow Brant said:
Thank you all for your patience with the Duke. This one was especially near and dear to our hearts, and we had to work out a couple kinks in production. Glad to see the positive reviews!

Thanks for taking the time Brant!! My Dad was very wowed by this as was I so thanks again!!

Brant--I have a space reserved for the "Clint Eastwood: Western Hero" PF, just in case he ever grants you guys the use of his likeness.

The Duke turned out great!!

Sideshow Brant said:

It looks like a winner Brant! I should get mine next week, but I have no worries about it any more! Great job to everyone involved!

Back