Action Figure Joebizz34's Sideshow Custom Jason 7 (Updated-Mezco Revamp!!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent work Ron.

You have captured Kane Hodder's Jason with the work on that Mezco/Sideshow bash. A big well done buddy. :clap

The Mezco one stock looks ok in pictures but it was basically a statue wasn't it?

Excellent work Ron.

You have captured Kane Hodder's Jason with the work on that Mezco/Sideshow bash. A big well done buddy. :clap

The Mezco one stock looks ok in pictures but it was basically a statue wasn't it?

Thanks Sid!! The Mezco body was not quite a figure and not quite a statue. It was a little of both. They made a Freddy that was the same way. Basically the top half of the figure is posable at the waste and the arms and head can move. However with very little articulation. The shirt is real clothing but the pants are plastic and part of the body. The legs don't move but you can swivel the feet a bit. Overall it's a strange hybrid of a figure and a hard plastic statue. I put the SS clothes over that body and blended everything in. Getting the pants on was the hardest part. I had to heat up the legs so I could push them together enough to get the pants all the way up. It was a fun little challenging project that paid off!! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks Sid!! The Mezco body was not quite a figure and not quite a statue. It was a little of both. They made a Freddy that was the same way. Basically the top half of the figure is posable at the waste and the arms and head can move. However with very little articulation. The shirt is real clothing but the pants are plastic and part of the body. The legs don't move but you can swivel the feet a bit. Overall it's a strange hybrid of a figure and a hard plastic statue. I put the SS clothes over that body and blended everything in. Getting the pants on was the hardest part. I had to heat up the legs so I could push them together enough to get the pants all the way up. It was a fun little challenging project that paid off!! :)

No problem.

Yeah I saw one posted stock in this thread (I think) a while back and the forum member said it lacked articulation but he was happy with it.

The underneath body looks great and again it really gives off a Hodder vibe which I like a lot.

Your challenge paid off and now you have (another, :lol) badass Jason.

No problem.

Yeah I saw one posted stock in this thread (I think) a while back and the forum member said it lacked articulation but he was happy with it.

The underneath body looks great and again it give off a Hodder vibe which I like a lot.

You challenge paid off an you have (another, :lol) badass Jason.

Thank again Sid. There were pluses and minuses with the original figure but sadly it had more minuses in my book. LOL

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!!! Here's my YouTube vid I just posted for the reworked Mezco Jason 7 figure I recently showed pics of here as a way to celebrate the day. You can see the body shape and size differences between this one and my older one in this vid.

Thank you Sid. Looks like Part 7 is getting a lot of love from us lately. LOL

No problem pal.

Yeah it was a good look for Jason (the best 'zombie/dead' look I feel) and also Jason was a badass killer in this film and also Kane brought a lot to the character.

:duff

It will be interesting to see what SSC do with him if he is released in their new Friday the 13th line-up.

Absolutely!! I'm sure they will come a long way from the old ones. Here's a couple more shots of my part 7 with my good DSLR camera.

14234506169_0649cb43e4_b.jpg

14417806081_881fe6723c_b.jpg

Fantastic as always Ron. Pleasure viewing them Sir. :clap

Also I agree hopefully SSC make even better Jason's this time. :pray:

Fantastic as always Ron. Pleasure viewing them Sir. :clap

Also I agree hopefully SSC make even better Jason's this time. :pray:

Thanks man. I can't even imagine what SS would do now, but if they still came up a little short, we are here to rework them anyway. :lol

Back