Action Figure Joebizz34's 1/6 Laid To Rest "ChromeSkull" custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rotfl

Well he still makes a cool looking character. :)

For a generation that missed Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street in the theatres, I completely agree.

Personally though (and you already know this has nothing to do with your custom), coming from a generation who saw 80's slasher flicks in the theatres, I thought the design was a bit halfassed. They could've made the whole head chromed instead of using the $2 WalMart chromed skull face, given him some kind of "Edward Scissorhands" bodysuit instead of the cliche black "funeral attendant" suit and there are so many options for cameras nowadays, he didn't need to have it on his shoulder like a web pirate's parrot. That said, the knives were a decent touch. Very reminiscent of Cobra. :lol

For a generation that missed Friday the 13th, Halloween, and Nightmare on Elm Street in the theatres, I completely agree.

Personally though (and you already know this has nothing to do with your custom), coming from a generation who saw 80's slasher flicks in the theatres, I thought the design was a bit halfassed. They could've made the whole head chromed instead of using the $2 WalMart chromed skull face, given him some kind of "Edward Scissorhands" bodysuit instead of the cliche black "funeral attendant" suit and there are so many options for cameras nowadays, he didn't need to have it on his shoulder like a web pirate's parrot. That said, the knives were a decent touch. Very reminiscent of Cobra. :lol

Well for me growing up in the 80's I am not going to argue comparing him to the greats of that time, especially Myers which is my all time favorite.

Maybe they made it a mask instead of the entire head so people wouldn't compare him to Destro. :lol

Well for me growing up in the 80's I am not going to argue comparing him to the greats of that time, especially Myers which is my all time favorite.

Maybe they made it a mask instead of the entire head so people wouldn't compare him to Destro. :lol

Psycho Destro with skull face killing teens > what we got! :lecture:lecture:lecture

Psycho Destro with skull face killing teens > what we got! :lecture:lecture:lecture

Well you know with the sequel coming maybe they will change him up. If you look back at the F13 films, Jason had many different looks and Myers who had different looking masks as well. Not all of them an improvement but different to say the least.

I wouldn't mind seeing his whole head chromed next time since he is called Chromeskull and not Chromeface, so that would be an interesting change.

Maybe instead of a camera on his shoulder he could film people with his IPad or Xoom. :lol

DESTRO01.jpg

Sorry, go on with your scheduled program :lol:monkey3

Well you know with the sequel coming maybe they will change him up. If you look back at the F13 films, Jason had many different looks and Myers who had different looking masks as well. Not all of them an improvement but different to say the least.

I wouldn't mind seeing his whole head chromed next time since he is called Chromeskull and not Chromeface, so that would be an interesting change.

Maybe instead of a camera on his shoulder he could film people with his IPad or Xoom. :lol

Or wire the camera to lenses over the eyes in the skull. This way he'd be filming what he sees instead of right next to it like he'd be with a shouldercam.

Or wire the camera to lenses over the eyes in the skull. This way he'd be filming what he sees instead of right next to it like he'd be with a shouldercam.

Yeah and have his eyes glow red instead off to the side. That would be cool but then again maybe a little bit too Terminator-ish.

Hey Ski, nice Destro by the way. :lol

DESTRO01.jpg

Sorry, go on with your scheduled program :lol:monkey3

Seeing this reminds me that I need to get around to unpacking mine. :lol

Yeah and have his eyes glow red instead off to the side. That would be cool but then again maybe a little bit too Terminator-ish. l

Actually, that'd be kinda creepy if they did it like animal eyes when they refract light.

Ok guys. Here we go again. :lol

Whoever knows me by now knows that I am constantly trying to improve my work. I was proud of my finished Chromeskull (minus the LED light which I am still working on.) However with that being said, it still bothered me. Was it Chrome? Yes...Was it a Skull face? Yes...But was it Chromeskull? NO

So, I went back and resculpted the head to try and create a more screen accurate image of his skull mask. I think I came pretty close. Now I am still new to sculpting overall so excuse the rough around the edges. I know it isn't a clean looking sculpt but I think it improves on what he looked like before and with re-doing it over what I already had I am happy how he came out.

DSC_0701a.jpg

DSC_0700.jpg

Thanks Nam. I'm working hard to improve in this craft. I'm having a lot of fun trying. :)

Most important thing to never forget! :lecture:lecture:lecture

Pics look good. You can even grab a lamp, take the shade off and hold that where you want it for cheap but cool lighting for your shots. You don't have to have thousands of dollars in equipment to take good pics.

Most important thing to never forget! :lecture:lecture:lecture

Pics look good. You can even grab a lamp, take the shade off and hold that where you want it for cheap but cool lighting for your shots. You don't have to have thousands of dollars in equipment to take good pics.

I'll keep that in mind. I have some small pen lights and a desk lamp that I've used in the past so I'm on the right track. I think the biggest thing is finding the right spots to do it. With a 6 year old kid living here, there isn't a lot of room for Daddy's toys. :lol

I'll keep that in mind. I have some small pen lights and a desk lamp that I've used in the past so I'm on the right track. I think the biggest thing is finding the right spots to do it. With a 6 year old kid living here, there isn't a lot of room for Daddy's toys. :lol

I hear ya. Had to buy a gate to keep my son out of the office. :lol

I hear ya. Had to buy a gate to keep my son out of the office. :lol

:lol Not a bad plan. I wish I had an office to keep him out of. I have a loft area upstairs where my computer is at along with some shelves where I have my figures displayed on. That is mostly where I take my pics which is where you see other stuff in the background. I'm working on finishing off my basement where in the near future will become my workspace.

Back