Joe cloth balaclavas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

witekite

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I was sitting in my room the other day looking at my Joes...now I only have Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow, and Firefly. With Snake Eyes they did the cloth balaclava which I think looked awesome. Then with the rest of their figures they did sculpted balaclavas...now I can see why because they are hard to achieve at this scale. But I wanted my figures to look more consistent since I have only got the three so I decided to make the other two cloth ones. First I did Storm Shadows from scratch just copied the look that they had. His was more easy to make because it was only the white spandex material. After he was done I thought man this looks sweet but now how am I going to do Firefly since he has that dang camo pattern. Then it hit me when I was looking him over his hood has the just the right stitching to it! So I ordered myself another jacket and got to work. The results look great I think and now my Joes all look the same with cloth balaclavas. Here's what I got!
100_2157.jpg

100_2200.jpg

100_2196.jpg

100_3018.jpg

100_3017.jpg

100_3019.jpg

Let me know what you guys think...I plan on doing a group shot later :)

The only problem with making more is the heads...and for firefly the jacket. The masks are not removable and the heads have to be sanded down a bit to not look too puffy with the cloth. I wouldn't be against doing more of them. Its just finding the parts...PM me if you want to discuss if further

That's look's so cool. On Storm Shadow did you use the unmasked head?

yes I managed to pick an unmasked head up cheap so I sanded off the hair and everything and made the mask

On storm shadow its just the pics I think...to be honest I think his is clsoer to the original sculpt

Somehow, even though I want it to and everything appears like it should, Storm Shadow's balaclava is just not working as well for me.

Firefly on the other hand looks perfect!!! Nice work bro.

Back