Statue JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Ledger Joker 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got examples of anyone buying those at such inflated prices? Or are you referring to eBay ads just sitting there? In Australia I'm not seeing any of those sell for a profit.

It's not that new is better, it's that people are willing to settle for a newer version which can be easily acquired and at a cheaper price. You mentioning the cheap cinemaquette prices is my point. Statues were cheap back then so they had room to go up in value. Now, statues are so expensive, by the time you factor in shipping it's very difficult to break even let alone make money. In Australia I'm always seeing statue sale ads just sitting there or selling for cheap.

My collection is a mix of everything from Sideshow Collectibles, PCS, Blitzway, etc...

Most recent sales that I can remember were my PCS 1:3 scale Ryu and Akuma artist proofs. These statues sold out within minutes when they went up for sale a few years back and were sought after for a while. By the time I sold them I had to sell at a loss otherwise they wouldn't sell. Nothing has replaced them, they are the only versions of those characters in 1:3 scale, it's just that people have moved onto other things. When you have Alien, Terminator, Transformers, DC, Marvel, so many properties and all these new companies, there's too many choices and they are only getting more and more expensive so people are choosing wisely.

Yes I've just listed examples and their sold prices.

Check ebay sold prices, you'd be shocked mate. No point of me referring to listed prices as everyone knows not to use them as reference.

Lol cheap cinemaquette prices? Maybe to you and some others but I think not. $1500 USD in 2006 money for 1/3 endo is equivalent to $2200 USD now adding on inflation.

$1900 USD cinemaquette predator is equivalent to $2700 USD now by inflation.

And I haven't even added shipping costs yet. So not sure why you think those pieces were cheap back in the 2000s era. They were as expensive if not more than statues of JND and QS. Surprising people forget about the power of compounded inflation.

I'm sorry your statues sold for a loss, hence why I stay away from sideshow, blitzway and even eventually Prime 1 if they don't pick up their game. Never heard of PCS before. Lastly I wouldn't compare street fighter type statues or any other video game character to multimillion block buster movies, there in a different category and most statue collectors, especially heavy hitters with cash, want movie replicas over gaming replicas.

Yes I've just listed examples and their sold prices.

Check ebay sold prices, you'd be shocked mate. No point of me referring to listed prices as everyone knows not to use them as reference.

Lol cheap cinemaquette prices? Maybe to you and some others but I think not. $1500 USD in 2006 money for 1/3 endo is equivalent to $2200 USD now adding on inflation.

$1900 USD cinemaquette predator is equivalent to $2700 USD now by inflation.

And I haven't even added shipping costs yet. So not sure why you think those pieces were cheap back in the 2000s era. They were as expensive if not more than statues of JND and QS. Surprising people forget about the power of compounded inflation.

I'm sorry your statues sold for a loss, hence why I stay away from sideshow, blitzway and even eventually Prime 1 if they don't pick up their game. Never heard of PCS before. Lastly I wouldn't compare street fighter type statues or any other video game character to multimillion block buster movies, there in a different category and most statue collectors, especially heavy hitters with cash, want movie replicas over gaming replicas.

PCS has been around for a long time, however their speciality used to be street fighter statues. Only in the last few years they've ventured into movie pieces.

Only reason I brought up the Street Fighter statues is because they used to skyrocket in value once upon a time, where a 600 dollar statue would be selling for 2 grand on the aftermarket.

When I said the cinemaquettes were cheap I just meant in comparison to what they're worth now and what some statues cost now. The new Prime 1 jungle hunter predator for example costs 3700 AUD for us here in Australia, and it's 1/4 scale.

Anyway, it is what is is. I just think the aftermarket in general is pretty trash and I wouldn't be buying any of this stuff with the hopes of getting my money back one day.

Don't get me wrong I love this JND statue and would buy it in a heart beat, regardless of whether it went up in value or not, as I simply love the piece and it's from my favourite trilogy of all time.

I kinda prefer this pose to the Queen Studio one. But I need to see the full QS with the card in hand instead of the string.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PCS has been around for a long time, however their speciality used to be street fighter statues. Only in the last few years they've ventured into movie pieces.

Only reason I brought up the Street Fighter statues is because they used to skyrocket in value once upon a time, where a 600 dollar statue would be selling for 2 grand on the aftermarket.

When I said the cinemaquettes were cheap I just meant in comparison to what they're worth now and what some statues cost now. The new Prime 1 jungle hunter predator for example costs 3700 AUD for us here in Australia, and it's 1/4 scale.

Anyway, it is what is is. I just think the aftermarket in general is pretty trash and I wouldn't be buying any of this stuff with the hopes of getting my money back one day.

Don't get me wrong I love this JND statue and would buy it in a heart beat, regardless of whether it went up in value or not, as I simply love the piece and it's from my favourite trilogy of all time.

Thanks for the info about PCS, always good to learn a thing or two. Did a search and they have quite nice Mortal Kombat 2 statues, esp the raiden one with lightning. Got a soft spot for Mortal Kombat, I might look more into there replicas and see if they sell them in Australia. Definitely before they release the new movie lol, as the hype may cause prices to go up!

P1 new jungle hunter Pred still does my head in, only if it stood up, would have been an instant buy. I know P1 are limited in what they can do due to the license. I can't get over it's crouching pose, and always wanted one similar to the cinemaquette standing up, battle ready/victory roar pose. Such a shame, hope QS enters the predator line. Otherwise it'll be decades before another company has a shot of the original jungle hunter Pred.

Thanks for the info about PCS, always good to learn a thing or two. Did a search and they have quite nice Mortal Kombat 2 statues, esp the raiden one with lightning. Got a soft spot for Mortal Kombat, I might look more into there replicas and see if they sell them in Australia. Definitely before they release the new movie lol, as the hype may cause prices to go up!

P1 new jungle hunter Pred still does my head in, only if it stood up, would have been an instant buy. I know P1 are limited in what they can do due to the license. I can't get over it's crouching pose, and always wanted one similar to the cinemaquette standing up, battle ready/victory roar pose. Such a shame, hope QS enters the predator line. Otherwise it'll be decades before another company has a shot of the original jungle hunter Pred.

Anytime mate. They do sell in Australia. Pop Cultcha sell them. Did you order the JND statue?

Personally I love the Prime 1 Predator pose and I think it's the best Jungle Hunter I've seen from any company, but I don't want to go off topic in a Joker thread. Goodluck with your collection man :)

Anytime mate. They do sell in Australia. Pop Cultcha sell them. Did you order the JND statue?

Personally I love the Prime 1 Predator pose and I think it's the best Jungle Hunter I've seen from any company, but I don't want to go off topic in a Joker thread. Goodluck with your collection man :)

Everyone's got high expectations for that piece, hope it turns out well for Pred fans. Good to know pop sells MK, I'll keep an eye out and thanks for letting me know.

My wife wouldn't let me as I recently got the P1 endo and P1 megatron final battle bust. That's as much as she can tolerate for now lol. If I could, the JND would be my first pick and that alone would satisfy me for good.

Everyone's got high expectations for that piece, hope it turns out well for Pred fans. Good to know pop sells MK, I'll keep an eye out and thanks for letting me know.

My wife wouldn't let me as I recently got the P1 endo and P1 megatron final battle bust. That's as much as she can tolerate for now lol. If I could, the JND would be my first pick and that alone would satisfy me for good.

I'm still contemplating this JND piece. Ordered the QS one but I want this as well lol.

Im drawn to this piece because it is from such an incredible moment in the film, and I will always remember the first trailer where they showed Joker in this standoff with Bats. I think this is going to be an absolutely stupendous statue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They have a few grails PCS like the rambo 1/3rd and Myers 1/3rd. Mines a grail because it is signed by the man himself John carpenter. But Rambo is probably worth a lot seeing as it sold out fast and a great statue, they make cool stuff.

Darn all the good MK PCS stuff seems to be overseas, frustrating af but gotta keep looking.

Still eye balling this JND masterpiece, just can't get enough of it lol. I like how they made the colours look gritty, dark and dirty especially on the coat, makes it look more real and accurate to the night scene. The jokers already been busted quite a bit in the movie up to that point, so his make up, hair and clothes in this replica fit right in with the tone. Impressed that it's still retains good aesthetic appeal. Also really like 1/3 scale, wish more companies will do statues at this scale, seems to have the best balance of both in presence and detail.

Darn all the good MK PCS stuff seems to be overseas, frustrating af but gotta keep looking.

Still eye balling this JND masterpiece, just can't get enough of it lol. I like how they made the colours look gritty, dark and dirty especially on the coat, makes it look more real and accurate to the night scene. The jokers already been busted quite a bit in the movie up to that point, so his make up, hair and clothes in this replica fit right in with the tone. Impressed that it's still retains good aesthetic appeal. Also really like 1/3 scale, wish more companies will do statues at this scale, seems to have the best balance of both in presence and detail.

Ya it was a day one po for me.

Just made my 3rd payment(includes the deposit) with JND. I'm still hyped for this statue[emoji13]. I must say though, $800 already paid and it still feels like I haven't made a dent in the overall balance. I wish JND would allow the option to pay more than the minimum on the monthly installment.

Just made my 3rd payment(includes the deposit) with JND. I'm still hyped for this statue[emoji13]. I must say though, $800 already paid and it still feels like I haven't made a dent in the overall balance. I wish JND would allow the option to pay more than the minimum on the monthly installment.

That's one of the nice things about ordering through SpecFiction. I'm on a monthly payment plan but can also make additional payments to pay down the balance more quickly.

Quality piece. Nice details on the gun. Keep at it JND can't wait to see this when released!

It looks really really great in the video. More tempting here than the original pictures. I would love to own this piece but I just can't justify the price. I'm struggling to decide if I should buy the P1 due to cost and this thing is like $1k more lol.

Back