JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's put this into perspective for a moment and compare it with the other 1/3 Reeve Superman that was made available to us a few years ago. I personally think that this will be a stunning display piece and I will be amazed if anything is released in the future that will surpass this.

Attachments

• CM-vs-JND.JPG
    CM-vs-JND.JPG
    240.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Reeve.JPG
    Reeve.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Let's put this into perspective for a moment and compare it with the other 1/3 Reeve Superman that was made available to us a few years ago. I personally think that this will be a stunning display piece.
I am glad you like it guys. For that amount of money it is not good enough for me. Sculpt is just a let down.

Here's an example. JND on the left, mine on the right. Look how dramatically different the mouth area looks - the lips don't even look remotely alike; it looks like different people.

Obviously the temperature is vastly different too, but again, that's lighting.

The other thing is in mine it looks alive, simply because of the light reflection in its eye (as a human eye would). The JND doesn't have that and so it comes across as lifeless.

Worst of all, I took that on my iPhone, and did 30 seconds worth of tweaks in the phone.

Your photo looks amazing! Like an on set photo of a human, and I agree I was thinking JND really need to add an eye light

Ngl, the original proto portrait looks better when comparing to this movie photo shot. I'm still happy with the revised portrait though especially after seeing the photos on the JND website. Ill be keeping my PO. Even if I didn't like it, I would probably consider it as a Christopher Reeve version of Bizzaro😄.

Last edited:
I cancelled mine. I hope I can get the NRD back.
They should to be honest. Even though I still like the sculpt, this isn't what was originally advertised and not what folks originally ordered.

This is also why JND originally mentioned being hesitant about changing the sculpt back when all the request came in to make the change - b/c there are ppl who want/like the original and what they ordered, not something different.

Hopefully you were/are able to actually talk to someone through email rather than just an automated cancellation process. There's usually a better chance at getting a full refund that way.

Last edited:
I do agree the previous head sculpt was good and only required better paint application and hair styling. The sculpt was fine as shown in the video unpainted, you can tell it's Reeve.
However this revised one is still good. Some of the other sculpts from different artists aren't 100% perfect either. To put this sculpt to the test I showed a picture to some people who aren't comic fans, don't collect statues etc. I showed the picture and asked if they know who this is. They answer Christopher Reeve. Obviously they would need to know who he is as well.

Back