JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve recently sold 33 figures to fund a major new collectible purchase and all went for less than what I purchased for. Only 2 went for more. This is the new norm. It’s the price for early adoption. Similar to technology. This hobby isn’t about investment anymore. Should things get more and more limited like what JND is doing then we could see things go up in value overtime. But I don’t see it that way anymore. Even limited edition statues are selling for less than retail. This is more if you want the ‘best’ available option at the given time, you pay to secure the order. I’d hate to miss out and pay a potential premium down the road if they deliver and now everyone wants it. Big IF but I’d rather not risk it. I could be losing money IF it drops in value but at this point I’m used to it given the nature of the market and hobby.

But if it’s a character they love then it’s praise to JND. They will give you the character you’re after eventually most likely, so long as it’s not an obscure one that won’t sell. Just sit and wait your turn and hope this gets the support required for more products to be made. This line has potential. They’ve got what? 6-7 figures in the pipeline in 2024, something on that list is bound to peak a bit of interest in you, if not? Then consider it money saved, win, win. Look at their social media, critics complaining about the price, that’s not gonna make them adjust their pricing but rather make them abandon the scale.

Last edited:
Buy it if you deem it’s worth it, if it isn’t to you, move on and put that money elsewhere. If you don’t fancy the food are you going to endlessly write yelp reviews or will you simply find another spot to dine?

For what it's worth, it has been my observation that these threads have waves as predictable as the seasons, so don't get discouraged or upset with your purchase - it's like peeing in the wind. I believe we're in what I call "Wave 3".

Wave 1 - Hope and Pre-Order Elation.
A new product is announced. Everyone hopes it will be good. They show the prototype, but even if there are errors, there is still hope they will either be rectified, or the price will be low enough to ignore it. Characterized by phrases such as, "I just need the outfit", "the sculpt is fantastic for a kitbash I have been working on", "it's just a prototype, - it will get better", "I missed the first one, so this is perfect", or "you can trust them to fix that".

Wave 2 - Pricing Reality.
The price is announced and either the shortcomings can be justified and the mob is happy, or the price is so high to some that it is criticized for various degrees of imperfection. In the case of the latter, expect a significantly greater amount of postings, particularly about "rich people are fools", "who makes that kind of money", and the always popular, "I'm happy with what I've got, so I'm not going to buy it". Minutiae and other details surrounding the proverbial "gnats a**" are explored ad nauseam, good or bad.

Wave 3 - Preorder
When this happens, the feelings that surfaced under Wave 2 are exacerbated. This is effectively where the rubber meets the road. Sometimes, this almost reaches a level of hostility not seen since Scottish people drove out the Romans. At other times, it can be a beautiful circle of friends, all holding hands and singing the praises of the figure in unison. Nonetheless, there will be tears, some ruffled feathers and hard feelings, and some type of new sale for the less wanted, older figures in someone's collection.

Wave 4 - The Wait
Basically, this is more of wave 3 activity, but it festers until delivery is made. It is long. Like purgatory.

Wave 5 - Delivery and Atonement (a.k.a. "I told you so")
This is the wave in which victory is declared by whichever side can accumulate the most posts to justify their point upon or after delivery has commenced. Don't be surprised to hear it turned out the way it did due to either manifest destiny, or divine providence. During this wave, it is not uncommon to hear phrases such as, "I knew I should have bought it", "FOMO is a real thing", "serves those rich fools right" or "do you think they'll do a reissue?"

Wave 6 - Bliss
"I hope everyone who bought this is happy with their purchase". That's pretty much it.

I guess my message in this is just pretty much, we're all very opinionated and dysfunctional here, so take it all with a grain of salt. In the end, we will all be happy for others that are happy, regardless which side they come down on. . . . it just might take a while :ROFLMAO:

For what it's worth, it has been my observation that these threads have waves as predictable as the seasons, so don't get discouraged or upset with your purchase - it's like peeing in the wind. I believe we're in what I call "Wave 3".

A new product is announced. Everyone hopes it will be good. They show the prototype, but even if there are errors, there is still hope they will either be rectified, or the price will be low enough to ignore it. Characterized by phrases such as, "I just need the outfit", "the sculpt is fantastic for a kitbash I have been working on", "it's just a prototype, - it will get better", "I missed the first one, so this is perfect", or "you can trust them to fix that".

The price is announced and either the shortcomings can be justified and the mob is happy, or the price is so high to some that it is criticized for various degrees of imperfection. In the case of the latter, expect a significantly greater amount of postings, particularly about "rich people are fools", "who makes that kind of money", and the always popular, "I'm happy with what I've got, so I'm not going to buy it". Minutiae and other details surrounding the proverbial "gnats a**" are explored ad nauseam, good or bad.

Wave 3 - Preorder
When this happens, the feelings that surfaced under Wave 2 are exacerbated. This is effectively where the rubber meets the road. Sometimes, this almost reaches a level of hostility not seen since Scottish people drove out the Romans. At other times, it can be a beautiful circle of friends, all holding hands and singing the praises of the figure in unison. Nonetheless, there will be tears, some ruffled feathers and hard feelings, and some type of new sale for the less wanted, older figures in someone's collection.

Wave 4 - The Wait
Basically, this is more of wave 3 activity, but it festers until delivery is made. It is long. Like purgatory.

This is the wave in which victory is declared by whichever side can accumulate the most posts to justify their point upon or after delivery has commenced. Don't be surprised to hear it turned out the way it did due to either manifest destiny, or divine providence. During this wave, it is not uncommon to hear phrases such as, "I knew I should have bought it", "FOMO is a real thing", "serves those rich fools right" or "do you think they'll do a reissue?"

Wave 6 - Bliss
"I hope everyone who bought this is happy with their purchase". That's pretty much it.

I guess my message in this is just pretty much, we're all very opinionated and dysfunctional here, so take it all with a grain of salt. In the end, we will all be happy for others that are happy, regardless which side they come down on. . . . it just might take a while :ROFLMAO:

I would also have a Wave 7 - No Longer Available Desperation. “Hi Everyone, where can I purchase this? I can’t find it anywhere. Please contact me if you have one to sell.” It doesn’t matter how many people trashed the figure when it was readily available, you will get people who want it when it is no longer easy to get and then people will reply “yeah I always thought it was a great figure.”

Exactly, the ever tipping scale, this hobby has always been. I made my fair share of complaints about this very release. But after those were stated, I made the adult decision to make a choice on if I’d buy it or not and that’s that. I purchased knowing the very things that annoy me with this, to me, I’m willing to put the money up. Do I hope they fix the aforementioned errors with the suit, and hair thickness? You bet.

People want innovation until they have to pay for it, imagine what cool tech they could make if this line has time and experience to evolve. That’s apparently only saved for InArt.

Last edited:
Everything is diminishing returns in today’s market though. Nothing you ever purchase tends to hold value anymore, even if it’s never used. Buy it if you deem it’s worth it, if it isn’t to you, move on and put that money elsewhere. If you don’t fancy the food are you going to endlessly write yelp reviews or will you simply find another spot to dine?

I should have been clearer - when I used that terminology I meant that those getting this are receiving less of an incremental improvement in terms of quality, likeness and features for a $500 cost increase over InArt than what the InArt Joker buyer received (incremental to HT) for what, a $200 cost increase? Again, just an observation not a criticism. Me, I'm perfectly content with my HT DX11 and Bank Robber versions but if this guy was my grail and I loved how this looked I could totally justify the cost (plus I could always cancel 2 or 3 other orders that I don't really need right now if cost was an issue).

Like I said, my gut feeling is that we’re not getting jokers in a while after this joker fatigue. Only way HT remakes in the next 2 years if inart makes a 2.0, which won’t happen because they have too many figures teased without any po order yet. JND isn’t known for making 2.0’s on their statues so I expect the same for their 1/6 for now.

Make your decisions folks!!

A lot of people in hindsight if they were given the option of spending 1k on the IA deluxe or Option A here they’d have gone with this, myself included. You’re getting authentic rooted hair here, people simply don’t understand how much that would cost to commission in the custom world, it’s 1K minimum for a sculpt with hair just glued and paint. There was a Ledger sculpt produced with authentically rooted hair, glass eyes, and the Rottweilers, it looked nothing like Ledger but the cost was triple if not more than the Type C here.

Last edited:

Wave 3 - Preorder

Wave 4 - The Wait

Wave 6 - Bliss

That is dead on!

4:06 you've been warned even by JND 😂
basically if you got A or B and hands break your on your own.

I gotta admit this does look dam good! As far as pricing they are smoking plastic crack, I feel if this was $400-600 would be more logical. This is definitely something aimed at custom collectors.

It feels a bit like slim pickings but there really isn’t much else for him to do.

I would also have a Wave 7 - No Longer Available Desperation. “Hi Everyone, where can I purchase this? I can’t find it anywhere. Please contact me if you have one to sell.” It doesn’t matter how many people trashed the figure when it was readily available, you will get people who want it when it is no longer easy to get and then people will reply “yeah I always thought it was a great figure.”
Ha! That is so true! never fails without question for that to happen almost immediately once an item is sold out.

I'm not sure the intensity is there in his face to do a good "Hit Me" Joker, so if I had this one I think I'd go "Grenade Joker" ultimately. The expression can work (despite the make-up) and both hands find a use.

I wonder if there's room to put the grenade ring on the card-hand thumb, so he can remain rigged to his explosives but also be showing his card? That would be a fun pose.

Yeah I like the idea of a Hit me, not a literal interpretation of it, I don’t need a Ledger with that expression as I don’t think it’s very flattering. Just holding the Smith & Wesson M76, Knife, or InArt Glock 17 will look great. I doubt JND will have Glock branding on theirs. InArt really blew me away with that Glock 17, incredible.

I wonder if there's room to put the grenade ring on the card-hand thumb, so he can remain rigged to his explosives but also be showing his card? That would be a fun pose.
You’re in luck. I’ll probably use the Inart grenades and string with this.

64C09DDE-9718-475F-BBF0-5D1D44B85D4D.jpeg

Yeah I like the idea of a Hit me, not a literal interpretation of it, I don’t need a Ledger with that expression as I don’t think it’s very flattering.

Depending on how the HT comes out, if I had that one I think it works better for the Hit Me display, for me at least. The teeth showing make it more mean.

Back