JND: Justice League Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) Platinum 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to your review!

Also, semi-related: Daniel said in the recent live stream that Batfleck won’t make it this year but probably next year.

Cheers mate, Batfleck is a relief being delayed!

Which live stream was that?
It was on Youtube two nights ago. However, I caught it late, so it was already almost over I guess when I started it from the begging b/c just a few minutes in, it switched it to private so no one could watch the replay afterwards. So, I only got to hear that bit about Batfleck, what I posted in the Indy thread and then it cut off and switched to private right when they were about to start talking about the next 1/6 figure, which sounded like it was going to be Bale Batman but I'm not sure.

It was on Youtube two nights ago. However, I caught it late, so it was already almost over I guess when I started it from the begging b/c just a few minutes in, it switched it to private so no one could watch the replay afterwards. So, I only got to hear that bit about Batfleck, what I posted in the Indy thread and then it cut off and switched to private right when they were about to start talking about the next 1/6 figure, which sounded like it was going to be Bale Batman but I'm not sure.

Ahh, is this the monthly video Daniel does? I can't remember the Batfleck commentary but he was definitely heavily implying that the next 1/6 will be Bale's Batman.

Ahh, is this the monthly video Daniel does? I can't remember the Batfleck commentary but he was definitely heavily implying that the next 1/6 will be Bale's Batman.
Nah, this wasn't one of the standard JND news videos. This was a live stream literally just Daniel sitting somewhere with some iphone headphones probaby using his phone answering a few questions that he could from those who were on the live which is how I got the info regarding Batfleck and Indy. Then, he switched from reading comments and saying whether or not he can answers something someone asked and switched gears to talk about the next 1/6 figure, but it cut off and said "this video is private" so I couldn't watch the rest.

Nah, this wasn't one of the standard JND news videos. This was a live stream literally just Daniel sitting somewhere with some iphone headphones probaby using his phone answering a few questions that he could from those who were on the live which is how I got the info regarding Batfleck and Indy. Then, he switched from reading comments and saying whether or not he can answers something someone asked and switched gears to talk about the next 1/6 figure, but it cut off and said "this video is private" so I couldn't watch the rest.

How strange, I was unaware of that. Wonder why it's not kept and made private? So what did he say about Indy? And Affleck is not going up for pre-order this year at all?

So in terms of JL WW, I'm conflicted. On one hand, this is undoubtedly their best statue, the paint applications and hair are somehow improved even more, being their best yet. The sculpt, is 100% Gal Gadot, no doubt about it for me. Even standing 3/4 behind her the realism and likeness is very unsettling. Putting the statue on a plinth so you can walk around her is incredible, the pose, musculature and overall aesthetic is impeccable. It is an incredibly, incredibly beautiful pose and statue.

Out of Arthur Fleck, Bale Batman, Pattinson Batman, WW84 and Joker (being the statues I own), this has the most presence (a lot down to the design of WW being great in general and the colours popping), she definitely has the most interesting pose, very dynamic in its stillness.

The Silicone is firm on the legs and chest, the arms are absolutely fine.

I do have a paint defect, though, on the back of her leg, which is very noticeable, so have contacted JND regarding it, bit disappointing - will see what they say regarding it.

Now the other hand, if this was the only statue I owned and the first, considering it is a miniature very fully realised sculpture of a person, an incredible art statue at that, then I'd say it was worth the money that I paid (which is bordering on twice the cost of WW84). However, there's other statues JND have made, which are all art pieces, and there are some which are more intricate, how Joker cost around 1800 considering he had a fully tailored 3-piece suit made of real cloth compared ot this I have no idea. The Silicone is attached very well to the resin, and it's more firm in areas with better paint applications, so they've clearly created a new formula. But, yeah I just don't see why this is as much as it is, regardless of being their best statue.

But overall, when I get the paint issue sorted, I'm very happy with this. I'll never pay that much again for a statue from them. But this is a real gem in the collection, I think noticeably better than WW84 also.

Some quick photos:

WW1.jpgWW2.jpgWW4.jpgWW6.jpgWW7.jpg

Last edited:
How strange, I was unaware of that. Wonder why it's not kept and made private? So what did he say about Indy? And Affleck is not going up for pre-order this year at all?

So in terms of JL WW, I'm conflicted. On one hand, this is undoubtedly their best statue, the paint applications and hair are somehow improved even more, being their best yet. The sculpt, is 100% Gal Gadot, no doubt about it for me. Even standing 3/4 behind her the realism and likeness is very unsettling. Putting the statue on a plinth so you can walk around her is incredible, the pose, musculature and overall aesthetic is impeccable. It is an incredibly, incredibly beautiful pose and statue.

Out of Arthur Fleck, Bale Batman, Pattinson Batman, WW84 and Joker (being the statues I own), this has the most presence (a lot down to the design of WW being great in general and the colours popping), she definitely has the most interesting pose, very dynamic in its stillness.

The Silicone is firm on the legs and chest, the arms are absolutely fine.

I do have a paint defect, though, on the back of her leg, which is very noticeable, so have contacted JND regarding it, bit disappointing - will see what they say regarding it.

Now the other hand, if this was the only statue I owned and the first, considering it is a miniature very fully realised sculpture of a person, an incredible art statue at that, then I'd say it was worth the money that I paid (which is bordering on twice the cost of WW84). However, there's other statues JND have made, which are all art pieces, and there are some which are more intricate, how Joker cost around 1800 considering he had a fully tailored 3-piece suit made of real cloth compared ot this I have no idea. The Silicone is attached very well to the resin, and it's more firm in areas with better paint applications, so they've clearly created a new formula. But, yeah I just don't see why this is as much as it is, regardless of being their best statue.

But overall, when I get the paint issue sorted, I'm very happy with this. I'll never pay that much again for a statue from them. But this is a real gem in the collection, I think noticeably better than WW84 also.

Some quick photos:

View attachment 683528View attachment 683529View attachment 683531View attachment 683532View attachment 683533View attachment 683534

Congratulations 😀😀, I'm so glad you like the piece! For a minute I was worried you'd be affected by the hype, and the reality might not have met your expectations. The price is a bitter pill to swallow, that's for sure - what's even more worrying, this was the price of this "top draw" piece when it went up for pre-order in 2022 (?) - so, as the March of inflation and the gradual devaluing of money continues - God only knows what the next "top draw" piece from JND will cost.....

One thing about this piece, that has got me thinking though - where does JND go from here? I don't mean in terms of character, but just in terms of technical creativity. I'm imagining that at this point, at least for JND, this might signal a period of technical stagnation. In that time, I imagine the competition will catch up (to be fair, they're not that far behind) - and JND's pricing policies will become an indefensible laughing stock.....one needs only cast an eye over the performance of their The Witcher piece to see this is already happening! Even though Blitzway is a bit hit or miss, most people (it seems) would rather take their chance with Blitzway, then pay more than double the price for the JND piece.....to be fair, I'm one of those people. And that's also considering the Blitzway piece still has a "TBC" for the edition size, and JND has confirmed theirs to be 500 on the nose.

In my opinion, 2023 was an unmitigated flop for JND, with practically every release being a partial or complete miss (except for their 1/6 Joker) - I'd almost be tempted to advise JND to cut their losses and throw in 100% on the 1/6 Kojun Works brand, I've got a bad feeling that the statue figure brand has hit its ceiling, if not technically, then certainly commercially.

Congratulations 😀😀, I'm so glad you like the piece! For a minute I was worried you'd be affected by the hype, and the reality might not have met your expectations. The price is a bitter pill to swallow, that's for sure - what's even more worrying, this was the price of this "top draw" piece when it went up for pre-order in 2022 (?) - so, as the March of inflation and the gradual devaluing of money continues - God only knows what the next "top draw" piece from JND will cost.....

One thing about this piece, that has got me thinking though - where does JND go from here? I don't mean in terms of character, but just in terms of technical creativity. I'm imagining that at this point, at least for JND, this might signal a period of technical stagnation. In that time, I imagine the competition will catch up (to be fair, they're not that far behind) - and JND's pricing policies will become an indefensible laughing stock.....one needs only cast an eye over the performance of their The Witcher piece to see this is already happening! Even though Blitzway is a bit hit or miss, most people (it seems) would rather take their chance with Blitzway, then pay more than double the price for the JND piece.....to be fair, I'm one of those people. And that's also considering the Blitzway piece still has a "TBC" for the edition size, and JND has confirmed theirs to be 500 on the nose.

In my opinion, 2023 was an unmitigated flop for JND, with practically every release being a partial or complete miss (except for their 1/6 Joker) - I'd almost be tempted to advise JND to cut their losses and throw in 100% on the 1/6 Kojun Works brand, I've got a bad feeling that the statue figure brand has hit its ceiling, if not technically, then certainly commercially.
I believe most people consider Mera to be a huge hit (in execution, perhaps not in popularity) regardless what people thinks about the actress. I think JND is top notch when it comes to the ladies but falls short when it comes to the males. This is kind of the opposite problem other companies are having.

I believe most people consider Mera to be a huge hit (in execution, perhaps not in popularity) regardless what people thinks about the actress. I think JND is top notch when it comes to the ladies but falls short when it comes to the males. This is kind of the opposite problem other companies are having.

The Mera is one of my favorite JND statues and a great conversation starter when people see the statue in the collection.

The Witcher does not have the mass worldwide appeal of JND's other statues (DC, LOTR, etc) and is competing directly against Prime 1 statue, which is arguably better in some respects.

The Mera is one of my favorite JND statues and a great conversation starter when people see the statue in the collection.

The Witcher does not have the mass worldwide appeal of JND's other statues (DC, LOTR, etc) and is competing directly against Prime 1 statue, which is arguably better in some respects.
IMO the Witcher will be a tough one to sell if Blitzway's final production is as good as cat woman. Indy would have decent demand if the final production ends up with a much better likeness. Overall I am very happy with all their DC females and I think they are the best 1/3 representation of them you can buy.

IMO the Witcher will be a tough one to sell if Blitzway's final production is as good as cat woman. Indy would have decent demand if the final production ends up with a much better likeness. Overall I am very happy with all their DC females and I think they are the best 1/3 representation of them you can buy.

Let's be honest, when it comes to The Witcher, it's Blitzway's win....they need to absolutely F it up - spectacularly - to even get the JND piece to start looking like a worthwhile purchase. Right now, a person would have to be a sworn fan of JND (rather than Henry Cavil, or even The Witcher himself) to put their hand n the pocket a pay the price JND is asking.

Let's be honest, when it comes to The Witcher, it's Blitzway's win....they need to absolutely F it up - spectacularly - to even get the JND piece to start looking like a worthwhile purchase. Right now, a person would have to be a sworn fan of JND (rather than Henry Cavil, or even The Witcher himself) to put their hand n the pocket a pay the price JND is asking.
While I don't disagree that the asking price for any JND product is edging on the ridiculous, I do prefer their S3 version of Cavill's Witcher over Blitzway's S2 when just looking at the two and not considering price. As most things, it comes down to person preference as I know I'm in the minority when it comes to that as from what I've read here and on other places online that many ppl like the S2 look. I'm not a JND fanboy either as I don't own any of their products and have already mentioned that I'm debating on canceling my JND JL Superman in hopes that Queen Studios actually comes through on their "stay tuned" when asked if they will be making a version of Cavill in his red and blue suit.

Last edited:
While I don't disagree that the asking price for any JND product is edging on the ridiculous, I do prefer their S3 version of Cavill's Witcher over Blitzway's S2 when just looking at the two and not considering price. As most things, it comes down to person preference as I know I'm in the minority when it comes to that as from what I've read here and on other places online that many ppl like the S2 look. I'm not a JND fanboy either as I don't own any of their products and have already mentioned that I'm debating on canceling my JND JL Superman in hopes that Queen Studios actually comes through on their "stay tuned" when asked if they will be making a version of Cavill in his red and blue suit.

That's fair, my argument is solely focused on pricing. If the JND piece(s) were more competitively priced, there would be a justifiable basis for "brand loyalty" and artistic preference, however, as it stands - even for individuals such as yourself, who prefer the JND arrangement over Blitzway, the question remains - is the JND effort worth more than twice as much as the Blitzway?

Cleary this is an individual choice, and nobody can / should want to tell others how they spend their money. I also wouldn't personally condemn anyone if they ordered the JND piece....it's simply an observation, given the fact that, even with an ES of 500 - the JND piece is still available on their own website (let alone retailer websites) more than two / three weeks post release - that JND has completely failed to read the market correctly, in both terms of their customers and the competition.....hint: the Basquiat piece is also rotting on the shelf at JND.....and even though they "faked" the "sell out" of Indiana Jones - just check retailers for availability 😂😂 - I'm not sure if such a small company like JND can afford many more "mis-reads".....we've just seen Oniri Studios go bankrupt this year - who could be next?

That's fair, my argument is solely focused on pricing. If the JND piece(s) were more competitively priced, there would be a justifiable basis for "brand loyalty" and artistic preference, however, as it stands - even for individuals such as yourself, who prefer the JND arrangement over Blitzway, the question remains - is the JND effort worth more than twice as much as the Blitzway?

Cleary this is an individual choice, and nobody can / should want to tell others how they spend their money. I also wouldn't personally condemn anyone if they ordered the JND piece....it's simply an observation, given the fact that, even with an ES of 500 - the JND piece is still available on their own website (let alone retailer websites) more than two / three weeks post release - that JND has completely failed to read the market correctly, in both terms of their customers and the competition.....hint: the Basquiat piece is also rotting on the shelf at JND.....and even though they "faked" the "sell out" of Indiana Jones - just check retailers for availability 😂😂 - I'm not sure if such a small company like JND can afford many more "mis-reads".....we've just seen Oniri Studios go bankrupt this year - who could be next?
yup I 100% agree with you. It seems JND have been, quite literally, "banking" on collector's love for a character and/or piece to override their senses when it comes to the price they're asking. Even with some pieces selling out, I've seen a decent amount of ppl seem to regret their purchases and are then selling for well below retail. I honestly love the look of the Reeve Set, so, even with the large price, I think it's worth it, for that one at least.

I do like that JND tend to live up to the prototype with their production pieces though. That's something I can't say I've seen Blitzway regularly accomplish, which is why I'm always weary of ordering their pieces. Even with the recent Catwoman turning out nice as mentioned above, the bit of fleshtone paint poking through the mask still isn't as top notch as the prototype. Now, is that worth the extra couple thousand that JND are charging to guarantee that protoype-like finish? Depends on the collector, but seems the majority are saying no, it's not worth it.

Last edited:
yup I 100% agree with you. It seems JND have been, quite literally, "banking" on collector's love for a character and/or piece to override their senses when it comes to the price they're asking. Even with some pieces selling out, I've seen a decent amount of ppl seem to regret their purchases and are then selling for well below retail.

I do like that JND tend to live up to their production pieces though. That's something I can't say I've seen Blitzway regularly accomplish, which is why I'm always weary of ordering their pieces. Even with the recent Catwoman turning out nice as mentioned above, the bit of fleshtone paint poking through the mask still isn't as top notch as the prototype. Now, is that worth the extra couple thousand that JND are charging to guarantee that protoype-like finish? Depends on the collector, but seems the majority are saying no, it's not worth it.

100% agree. Blitzway AND Prime1 suffer from the age old "bait and switch" - when it comes to prototype vs production. This is why I suggested that this was Blitzway's win - IF they don't F it up. I'm not convinced that people will stampede to JND if Blitzway (inevitably) drop the quality in production - because the pricing is simply forcing even the hard-core supports away.

I've spent over $20k on JND pieces over 2022 - 2023 alone (not including taxes and handling fees) - I'm not saying that to brag (that's not a banner I'm happy to wave 😂😂) - my point is, as a collector who has invested in JND products - I'm tired of getting my pants dropped at every release. I want (no NEED) this hobby to come back down to a sane pricing level, and I'll be looking for cheaper (and equally competent) pieces from other companies before turning to JND - where ever possible.

Nothing is getting cheaper any more, prices will continue to rise from all companies as costs increase for them

Oh no, she definitely met my expectations, which is to say coming out looking at least as good as the prototype. JND, for the statues that I own, knock it out of the park when delivering what was promised as much as any company can do. But, in terms of the feeling of cost-to-previous-products, ehh, yeah that's a bit disappointing. Because the quality on the others are so high, as I mentioned earlier, it really does raise the question of the true reasons for this costing over a grand more than their other highly detailed statues. Taking more time to look over her from when I opened, the detailing is incredible, though. The painted effect for the skin is very accomplished, she's just an incredible statue, probably my favourite.

However, mine came with quite a big paint defect on the back of her thigh. I've contacted JND about it, and they said they would repair/replace, they only ask for me to cover the shipping back to them. So I replied back saying that it feels like a penalty for receiving a defective statue - at this very high price including tax and shipping, these should be turning up flawless. To just receive a statue and have to pay on top to get it fixed or replaced through no fault of your own is absurd. They took it on board and have now pre-paid for FedEx to collect and will send it back to me at no extra cost. So, even though it required a bit of a push, at least they did the right thing.

Yeah, I'm not sure where they can go entirely, I agree with a few of your points, although not entirely on them flopping. For starters, I think creating characters with actual cloth instead of resin (in saying that, their 3D models are almost as good, but nothing can beat real clothing) should happen more frequently than it did last year. Again, that's what got me into these statues, they're the closest to what I want as representations of my favourite characters (I wasn't a statue collector before this and did not plan to be), but the mixed tailoring on Arthur Fleck combined with the skill, look etc/ drew me in.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with you that it was a flop for JND, to expand an earlier point. They've historically sold out, at least on the website and have still sold their stock to retailers regardless of their availability or not on those sites. But I think some home truths have come out. With their increasing price and more atypical approach to making statues, I think it's hitting a plateau. I think there'll be a lot of collectors like me who have purchased numerous statues and sunk thousands of pounds, but sacrificed other things in order to collect these, are now at a point where room is an issue, and the amount of times you can spend that amount of money on something like an art statue are becoming slimmer with those factors combined.

There's people already not even close to pulling the trigger on this type of money on a statue that has, regardless of objectivity, real questions over materials (Silicone) and space. How many very wealthy people who have both room and money to collect these as your average Joe would a Hot Toys figure realistically are there? Well, I think we're arriving to the answer, which is not as many as there originally were. Especially with character choice. If you already own a few of these the limit on characters and the scale of how much you really like them will probably pull people to not buying most of the statues. This isn't throw away money, and for me at least, I'm not throwing away even higher amounts of money for less multi-media material at higher costs - that scale for me is evidenced by this Wonder Woman, which although a masterful statue, is definitely not worth the increase of price compared to previous offerings.

Also the factor for damage, it's like buying an expensive car with nowhere to store it. How many people that would collect these, if even one or two, don't have the right storage and therefore don't?

I can see their 1/6 doing pretty well for a time, to the point where more of a priority might be placed on that line. It erases the storage question to a considerable degree, and with a comparatively lower price than their statues at least gives a wider audience the ability to collect them as an entry to JND.

Furthermore, these statues aren't and will not be easy to shift like a 1/6 figure if you want to move one on in favour of buying another statue. I think a lot of their current collectors will be priced out and unable to store and display many more.

It'll be an interesting year. I know for sure that there are certain characters I'd love to get. For example, I've not ordered Oh Dae-Su yet, even though I'd really like him. But again, I don't have an endless pot of money nor do I have endless space. But for sure, there will still be characters that will sell out regardless, I can see any many Lord of the Rings character selling like they originally did. But with more characters like that, how many more people are there that can be swayed for these high ticket statues?

100% agree. Blitzway AND Prime1 suffer from the age old "bait and switch" - when it comes to prototype vs production. This is why I suggested that this was Blitzway's win - IF they don't F it up. I'm not convinced that people will stampede to JND if Blitzway (inevitably) drop the quality in production - because the pricing is simply forcing even the hard-core supports away.

I've spent over $20k on JND pieces over 2022 - 2023 alone (not including taxes and handling fees) - I'm not saying that to brag (that's not a banner I'm happy to wave 😂😂) - my point is, as a collector who has invested in JND products - I'm tired of getting my pants dropped at every release. I want (no NEED) this hobby to come back down to a sane pricing level, and I'll be looking for cheaper (and equally competent) pieces from other companies before turning to JND - where ever possible.
I don't know why JND products are selling well below retail? Recently scored a TDK Batman 2-pack for a steal. Selling my single Batman is almost half-off. Ridiculous. Market in general for statues and collectibles I feel is all time low.

I don't know why JND products are selling well below retail? Recently scored a TDK Batman 2-pack for a steal. Selling my single Batman is almost half-off. Ridiculous. Market in general for statues and collectibles I feel is all time low.
I have only seen Bale and Ledger selling under retail. Mera also, but that one some are soured on Amber. All their other pieces are well above retail.

Back