Jim Lee and Marvel announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Possible....although its been a while since he's done anything Marvel, he's been primarily DC for at least the last three or four years.....He is most well known for his X-Men stuff, It'd be interesting if they offered up a set of Jim Lee inspired Comiquettes like the Adam Hughes versions.....imagine it, Psylocke, Jean Grey, Rogue, Storm, Polaris....It could be done if they wanted to just focus on the X-Men though....

I still say they should do a second series of Vs dioramas for the X-Men with the Jim Lee era look: Storm/Iceman, Archangel/Jean, Gambit/Rogue, Bishop/Psylocke...

Jim Lee inspired statues have been done....not well but have been done. Its interesting that they'd choose Jim Lee if there is a Marvel Connection....with so many other current artists its interesting that they choose a DC big gun and do something from the past.....maybe this will open doors for something from McFarlane or Silvestri....

As far as Lee inspired piece, I'd love to get this one in Dio form:

jimleexmenfu0.jpg

Hahaha . . . What makes you think that a visit by Jim Lee automatically signals a Marvel release? There's a whole world of possibility that it could be DC since Lee did cross over to that side! Of course, it's purely conjecture on my part, but after all he did do some Batman and Superman work.

On another note, if you were to bring anything to the Con that speaks Jim Lee for him to sign, what would be it???

The answer to that is easy but carrying the item around is not: Doom PF. I always thought the design of Doom for that piece was based off the Heroes Reborn run he did of the Fantastic 4.

I would DIE for a Jim Lee Jean Grey Comiquette... I've loved that costume ever since I first laid eyes on it, and havent seen any statues based on it.

*prays*

Hahaha . . . What makes you think that a visit by Jim Lee automatically signals a Marvel release? There's a whole world of possibility that it could be DC since Lee did cross over to that side! Of course, it's purely conjecture on my part, but after all he did do some Batman and Superman work.

On another note, if you were to bring anything to the Con that speaks Jim Lee for him to sign, what would be it???

The orginal post said, "could these be related". No one said that it automatically signals a Marvel release. Plus I posted this before, the Marvel sneak peak thread that said it was a Thor vs. Loki.

I personally wouldn't have him sign anything. I'm not big on autographs.

Jim Lee inspired statues have been done....not well but have been done. Its interesting that they'd choose Jim Lee if there is a Marvel Connection....with so many other current artists its interesting that they choose a DC big gun and do something from the past.....maybe this will open doors for something from McFarlane or Silvestri....

As far as Lee inspired piece, I'd love to get this one in Dio form:

jimleexmenfu0.jpg

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Gambit, first, Gambit? I know whose somebody's favorite character is...:monkey1

I start reading X-men with Jim Lee era and still it is the best period imo.

I would be all over Jim Lee based X characters if SS would make some, preferably Gambit first and Psylocke second.

I have to agree.Jim Lee's version of the X-Men got me into comics.I finally got my Uncanny X-Men #1 signed by Jim Lee,Chris Claremont & Stan the man Lee himself!:D

Almost always if SSC is having a guest there's at least a tangential relationship. Now it could be that Lee is just a fan of SSC, but I'm betting there's some sort of announcement.

Could Jim Lee be announcing that Sideshow has the Wildstorm license?(Please let this be it!) I would love to see some Wildstorm collectibles. what do you think?

Back