Jigsaw (Saw sequel)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Saw VIII

what I don't understand is the hate for the lack of good plot when None of the major slasher movies had a great plot or great acting. what horror slasher movies from the 80s or 90s had that great of a plot? specially the sequels?
you could say halloween and Friday and Texas had great premises, but the sequels didn't. Why the hate for the saw sequels?

You raise a great point. You can likely count on one hand...maybe two...the number of horror movies that have great stories, great plots and great acting, and that largely depends on how you define "horror."

I'd say a lot of it, especially from me :wink1:, is just the usual snarky stuff.

The Saw franchise required the viewer to have their “pencil sharpened” with the events of the previous movies at the tip of your tongue before watching the next instalment. If your not well versed, you’ll be lost and as a result not enjoy your “experience”. I might marathon the Saw movies once every two years just long enough to forget the events so watching them back to back to back…..make time well waisted worthy!! That being said I do love the Saw movies for what they are and welcome another instalment.

As bad as these films are, they still make the dough... so yeah... expect several more...

Even the first one, while a good movie, isn't anything extraordinary.

As bad as these films are, they still make the dough... so yeah... expect several more...

Even the first one, while a good movie, isn't anything extraordinary.

I watched the first one hoping for a cool thriller, but it was, honestly, kind of lame. It felt like James Wan had just seen Seven and wanted to make an even more "extreme" grungy horror version. I never even bothered with the rest.

I watched the first one hoping for a cool thriller, but it was, honestly, kind of lame. It felt like James Wan had just seen Seven and wanted to make an even more "extreme" grungy horror version. I never even bothered with the rest.

Don't. They're awful.

I don't mind the saw films. Not the best horror flicks out there just gory smut but still a fun ride if not taken seriously I may go see this one. Cannot be as bad as 4 or even especially Saw 3D which takes the cake for ending a series with just a big F you to the audience and fans. Terrible movie I don't think this one would be as bad as that but maybe i'll be wrong.

Don't. They're awful.

Me learning there was going to be yet another Saw movie:

tenor.gif

Back