Jessica Rabbit PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol :lol :lol

Such a travesty! The very thought of an artist using artistic license! :horror

Surely a sign of the Apocalypse! :panic: :lol

What you seem to be forgetting is that this is a portrait, and because it is, while you can make some changes to it, you need to represent the personality. If you don't represent the personality well enough, then it isn't a portrait of that particular person anymore. I have drawn a lot of portraits of women, which is basically how I developed my art skill. I did this because faces are the most difficult thing to draw well, and because I like women.
You can make SOME changes to a portrait to make it more flattering, like the nose, the jawline or the chin, for example, but you can't change the eyes at all, and you can change the mouth very little, or it won't look like the person. I can tell you that the more a picture looks like the person you draw, the more impressed they are with it.
The mouth has been changed too much on this print, so that the face looks like a 14 year old, rather than an early to mid twenties woman.
Basically, the face now looks too generic and too young.
However, it looks like it could be her daughter. It has taken the character out of it.

I gotta agree with you BT, I would prefer it to look closer to the statue, it is still very well done, the photoshop is top notch.

What you seem to be forgetting is that this is a portrait, and because it is, while you can make some changes to it, you need to represent the personality. If you don't represent the personality well enough, then it isn't a portrait of that particular person anymore. I have drawn a lot of portraits of women, which is basically how I developed my art skill. I did this because faces are the most difficult thing to draw well, and because I like women.
You can make SOME changes to a portrait to make it more flattering, like the nose, the jawline or the chin, for example, but you can't change the eyes at all, and you can change the mouth very little, or it won't look like the person. I can tell you that the more a picture looks like the person you draw, the more impressed they are with it.
The mouth has been changed too much on this print, so that the face looks like a 14 year old, rather than an early to mid twenties woman.
Basically, the face now looks too generic and too young.
However, it looks like it could be her daughter. It has taken the character out of it.

Fair enough. That's your opinion. But there's no way anyone would look at the print and not see it was Jessica Rabbit.

EX Print is shockingly LAME- easier decision as most will get the pricey as- it -is regular!

ok Guys, ex Ordered too. Always with Flex pay....Now i have to find the money with all these preorders....No news on Joker Pf yet...

I hope that is not true, the piece at sdcc looked perfect!

Ordered reg, with 750 exc, I will wait until it is ready to ship to order the exc, if it does sell out...oh well, not a big deal to me.

In my eagerness to get my hands on her I completely overlooked her (other) measurements.

20" H x 7" W x 7" L

Pretty pleased with that.

Back