Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair - August 2012!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will there be any shows in Washington dc? Please come down here in the future. :) someone please take lots of pics!

Lol !!! Come on...New Jersey is not that far away. We have people from all over the USA coming and international people from as far as Australia! If you love statues, kits, great movie art/collectibles and want to see painters work their magic right in front of your eyes, you will love the show and won't regret making the trip. Not to mention how many rare products you will find (Sideshow, Bowen, Hot Toys, garage kits, etc.), with some at amazing prices.

JerseyFest-Flier-Front_lowrez.jpg

Hey if Jonh Pinkerton aka PinkertonFx is there; could someone kick him in the nuts for all the people he's ripped off? I know he still attends shows and this sounds like the kind of thing he might be at :duff

Hey guys:

Below are sample pictures of the Jerseyfest 2012 model contest trophies for our supplemental awards. All the contest details are posted here: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=68, but here are some highlights...

Trophies
• Best of Show
• Best Figure (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
• Best Bust (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
• Best Sci –Fi Vehicle or Mechs
• Best Diorama/Elaborate Composition
• Best Giant Monster Figure or Diorama
• Best Superhero/Super Villain
Plaques
• Best Female Figure Sponsored by the “Connisseur’s of the Biological Arts”
Certificates
• Amazing Figure Modeler Magazine Award

The contest entries will be judged by professional painters and magazine writers: Saul Alvarez, Rick Cantu, Steve Parke, and Mike Wallace.

It is acceptable for attendees to submit their buildup kit(s) for the exhibit and request that they NOT be included in the contest. Contest entries may include any custom painted model kit that celebrates movies, TV, comic books, video games, or fiction in general. This includes figures, busts, vehicles, dioramas, and “one of a kind” pieces. It includes Horror, Superheros/Villains, Sc-Fi, Mecha, Fantasy, Anime, Gundam, etc.

Gold, Silver and Bronze awards will be given for selected entries as decided by the judges (i.e., “open judging system”). There are no categories for these awards and no competing between modelers. However, there will be categories for kids (12 and under) and teenagers.

In addition, there will be “Supplemental Awards” where contestants will compete for trophies and can win awesome kits as prizes.

Trophy-Phantom.jpg

Hunchbank-Trophy.jpg

Trophy-Blind-Bargain.jpg

Trophy-Trio.jpg

Trophy-Hulk.jpg

Trophy-Tie-Fighter.jpg

Trophy-Nosferatu.jpg

Trophy-Nosferatu-Water.jpg

JERSEYFEST-_silverCERT-HiRes-e1342148235563.jpg

JERSEYFEST-_goldCERT-HiRes-e1342148201626.jpg

We are coming very close to the show date and there are only a few vendor tables left (only $75 each) for the 2012 show on Saturday, August 4th. So, anyone interested in a table, please contact us ASAP: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=35

If you have a big collection and a lot you want to sell, this is a good opportunity to make some money while having a fun day.

Thanks,
Dave

We are thrilled to announce another Jerseyfest exhibit at the big show on August 4th: "The Art of Daniel Horne". Daniel Horne is one of the greatest painters in the world and his diverse line up of monster and fantasy paintings and sculptures are stunning. The regular price of admission to the show gets you into the "Art of Daniel Horne" Exhibit, the "Diorama of Miracles" Exhibit and the Model & Art Contest & Exhibit. See more here: https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=57

Horne-TheBrideOfFrankenstein-11-e1343093779357.jpg

So if I may ask, since I'd be going down for mostly the Godzilla parts, is it all just kits for sale or can I find some bandai and other Godzilla merchandise?

So if I may ask, since I'd be going down for mostly the Godzilla parts, is it all just kits for sale or can I find some bandai and other Godzilla merchandise?

There will be dealers with Japanese collectibles, but I'm really not sure about Godzilla action figures, etc. As you know, there will be a lot of kits and pre-painted statues.

There will be dealers with Japanese collectibles, but I'm really not sure about Godzilla action figures, etc. As you know, there will be a lot of kits and pre-painted statues.

Sounds worth the trouble to me. Those kits and statues are incredible to look at but often out of my price range.

Just wanted to let you guys know that many Sideshow and Hot Toys statues and figures will be for sale at fantastic prices at the Jerseyfest show this Saturday in Lawrenceville New Jersey. This includes many rare pieces and also statues from other companies like Bowen and Gentle Giant and many more.

For example, one of the biggest Sideshow dealers and one of the biggest Bowen dealers in the USA will be at the show with at least 6 booths. There will be over 75 vendor tables at the show with kits, statues and collectibles.

Check out all the info and lots of pictures at the web site: www.jerseyfestfair.com

The Seminar Today was nothing short of Awesome ! Big Props to Steve Parke,Rick Cantu , Saul Alvarez , Jim Capone for a very detailed informative lecture. Thanks to Garage Kits.US for including the paints and Black Heart Enterprises for including The Wolfman Bust in the price of the class. all these guys were very helpful and answered any and all questions. my daughter had a blast and thanks again to all you guys . and a special thanks to Dave Tomarchio for being the Impetus in putting this thing together. anyone who is nearby should really consider hitting the vendor show. the room is pretty huge. im a paying participant and not affiliated with The show whatsoever. im just a guy having a blast with my family.

https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=47

Sh&t ! Almost forgot thanks Tom aka Pun 13 for working with Emma . I can tell she really had a great time painting her first Model to completion with you guiding her the way . Again Big Thanks!

Last edited:
The Seminar Today was nothing short of Awesome ! Big Props to Steve Parke,Rick Cantu , Saul Alvarez , Jim Capone for a very detailed informative lecture. Thanks to Garage Kits.US for including the paints and Black Heart Enterprises for including The Wolfman Bust in the price of the class. all these guys were very helpful and answered any and all questions. my daughter had a blast and thanks again to all you guys . and a special thanks to Dave Tomarchio for being the Impetus in putting this thing together. anyone who is nearby should really consider hitting the vendor show. the room is pretty huge. im a paying participant and not affiliated with The show whatsoever. im just a guy having a blast with my family.

https://jerseyfestfair.com/?page_id=47

glad to hear you had a blast. I'm really bummed that i missed out on Friday's festivities. I will be there for the painting lesson next year though. Really excited for today. I'm leaving for the show in a little while

:hi5:

glad to hear you had a blast. I'm really bummed that i missed out on Friday's festivities. I will be there for the painting lesson next year though. Really excited for today. I'm leaving for the show in a little while

:hi5:

horror-like.jpg

I just got back from the show. GREAT TIME. I really enjoyed the painting demos by the pros. They were enjoyable and informative. Awesome displays and a great vendor turnout.

I finally obtained a Black Heart Enterprises Life-Size wall hanger of the Iconic Harryhausen Cylcops. I am soooo friggin excited about this as these have been sold out for some time. While there was an impressive vendor turnout with some eye pleasing tables, Black Heart Enterprises was IMHO the most impressive vendor at the show. The owner George was there and he was a very nice guy. If you haven't heard them here's their site and check em out: https://www.blackheartmodels.com/

Here are the pics:

Black Heart Enterprises Table (Life-Size):
IMG_2836.jpg
IMG_2837.jpg
IMG_2830.jpg
IMG_2844.jpg
IMG_2842.jpg
IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

IMG_2835.jpg