Jb's Office & Tv Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey doug the ones you like change colors and i try to leave it a one setting and i couldnt so i dont know about them i could be wrong maybe you can set it to one color but i had to drive 4 hours back home so i didnt try to mess with at the ikea store:rotfl

Hey doug the ones you like change colors and i try to leave it a one setting and i couldnt so i dont know about them i could be wrong maybe you can set it to one color but i had to drive 4 hours back home so i didnt try to mess with at the ikea store:rotfl

yeah when your that far away it makes it tough to choose what to take home for sure, my ikea is only 45 mins down the road, it seems that i'm going there everyother weekend, :rotfl:rotfl and this time of year is no easy task:horror

but yeah the led/diod style lights have both changing colors and solid white also, and the white ones are way cheaper. i believe in the $40-$50 range (while the colored are $80:horror i think), for 4 of them. but either way their lighting systems are very simple to use, and relatively cheap. imo

ps. if i may make one suggestion, maybe get the doom and spidey/hulk dio lifted up slightly on a platform with some nice black clothe covering the platform, that way then the two of them would look suspended in the box, and centered in the door/picture frame.
i don't know how it would look in person, but they sure would photograph better. it just seems that they're bottoms are cut off, been on the top shelf and the angle of the picture that they were took from.

looks great though, it just shows how a simple box from ikea, can be dressed up to look like something totally different from one setting to another

ttyl man:peace
i'm also hoping to get some pics finally of my sons room, in a couple of weeks that's were all the lsb's are, plus a few more that i managed to scrape together.

25zi33n.jpg

jb, i never even noticed you got your thor, is that the same one i hooked you up to? hope everything worked out good for you on that deal.
:banana:banana:banana

Hey Jb, can you post a link to the besta and the glass doors you got for it?

Also I got a detolf which I want to put a light in but I been reluctant to do so because I don't know how to hide the wires because of the see through glass all around. Any tips as to making the wires look better aesthetically in a detolf?

Appreciate it!

Here are some updated pictures of my office. It is a work in progress still a lot to be done. Feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

2vx4l5x.jpg

I simply love the way this setup looks! Awesome!!

Wonderin though, what did you use to put those borders/frames around each piece of shelf? Where did you get the borders?
I know the ikea shelf on its own looks like this -

59470_PE165366_S4.jpg

Just wondering what exactly you did to get it to look so awesome! Whats steps did you take and what parts did you use to maodify it like that?

If you could be so kind as to share with us :) It would be much appreciated.

Hey guys! I finally got my first Cinemaquette and let me tell you, it was more than i ever expected. Because there are so many mixed feelings about this predator. Some people say that it looks fake, others say that the sideshow predator is better and so on. After putting this Predator together I'm amazed with the detail and great size of this piece. For everyone that's not sure about buying it,I have to say that you will be satisfied. Here's some pictures I took, they're nothing like squids pictgures and they don't do the Predator any justice. To really appreciate this piece you have to see it in person. Anyways here's mine #245!

2v2woqt.jpg

34iigpu.jpg

2wpotah.jpg

2ecn14h.jpg

66yqol.jpg

congrats jario, looks great. i must get up to squiders place one day to look at this bad boy, only i'm afraid if i see it in person my collection may take another turn towards these :lol:lol

Hey Doug you may not want to see it :horror because you would definitely buy one!

yeah, that's what i'm afraid of, then i'll have to play catch up with these $$$ pieces.
damn that TX terminator looks :horror:horror:horror. i'd hate to guess how much that one would cost.

first though, i'd have to add onto the house to get into this line:lol:lol

Very very cool collection, jb0187. I just read through the whole thread and loved seeing the progress, your displays really turned out very clean and classy. You have some really amazing pieces in your collection. I also really like your TV room. :)

Back