Jaws bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured I would share this here.. This is my Fav JAWS collectible now.. Sculpted and painted by Martin Rawle.

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1931.JPG

That's nice!

I believe he's UK based?
How do I get info? Suppose it's through FB which I'm not interested in...

Right now he has a kit (unpainted) for sale on Ebay UK... He plans on selling painted kits I believe... Not sure if there is any other way then Facebook. Create a goof account buy and then get out :lol

it really is my fav piece though. Good quality. Full disclosure. I had a falling out with Mike Schultz because I would not agree with him that Martin Rawle was a copycat artist... But I think Mike is talented... I just think Martin nails the likeness and paints better.

Mike Schultz sent me dodgy fins and tried every excuse under the sun before finally admitting he tried using a different resin, which failed. Never again!

Thanks for the info.

Mike Schultz sent me dodgy fins and tried every excuse under the sun before finally admitting he tried using a different resin, which failed. Never again!

Thanks for the info.

Yeah I have heard to many complaints... Had people contact me before to be a middle man to help deal with him.

Then he flipped because I thought he was way off calling Martin a recaster and a copycat.. Called him on it and he and Cathy were none too happy about it. They just could not seem t get it that that is what competition is all about.. I tried to explain that there is only so much you can do when making a Bruce and that other companies have to deal with each other making similar characters in the same scale.. Nope they wanted none of that. I feel Mike just wants to make sure that he is the only one selling Bruce items..

Of course now he is suddenly going to offer a breaching Bruce with Barrels Piece.. So I guess he is not above "copycatting" :lol

Anyways. I still think Mike is talented and he should use the fact that there is some competition to push his talents further.

Oh and normally I would not bring this up but I don't want anyone thinking I am giving this piece good reviews just because I had a disagreement with Mike.

Figured I would share this here.. This is my Fav JAWS collectible now.. Sculpted and painted by Martin Rawle . . .

Great to hear someone GENUINELY enthusiastic (and SO enthusiastic!) about a piece.

Congrats bud - I know you'll treasure it.

(* PS: comparing your finished version to the raw kit on eBay - the resin isn't clear, but looks like he's added a thin coat of clear on top of the original grey resin *)

Great to hear someone GENUINELY enthusiastic (and SO enthusiastic!) about a piece.

Congrats bud - I know you'll treasure it.

(* PS: comparing your finished version to the raw kit on eBay - the resin isn't clear, but looks like he's added a thin coat of clear on top of the original grey resin *)

Oh so that is how he did it... Interesting.. I am clueless in these matters lol

Yeah I really love it. Thanks for watching Spike :)

I love my Shark City Ozark statues. Will have another one coming soon...

The guy is talented... I won't dispute that. As long as you always agree with him, refuse to buy a Bruce sculpt from anyone else, and stroke his ego a bit, well then you will never have an issue with him.

I got along with Mike for the most part.. But he can be a bit of a bully and then turn around and play victim.

Like I said I find it funny that after Martin releases his Bruce bust that Mike decides to dust off an old breaching Bruce bust he had and say he is thinking about adding barrels.. Then he goes on to call the other guy a copycat... I mean what reality does this guy live in???

If he just said for competition sake that he was going to make the same thing but only try and make it bigger and /or better then no problem.. But he acts like "Oh I just happened across this old bust I had and decided to sell it and upgrade it with barrels" Then proceed to bad mouth Martin..

Like I said weird.

It really ruined the enjoyment I have of owning his items. :(

The guy is talented... I won't dispute that. As long as you always agree with him, refuse to buy a Bruce sculpt from anyone else, and stroke his ego a bit, well then you will never have an issue with him.

I got along with Mike for the most part.. But he can be a bit of a bully and then turn around and play victim.

Like I said I find it funny that after Martin releases his Bruce bust that Mike decides to dust off an old breaching Bruce bust he had and say he is thinking about adding barrels.. Then he goes on to call the other guy a copycat... I mean what reality does this guy live in???

If he just said for competition sake that he was going to make the same thing but only try and make it bigger and /or better then no problem.. But he acts like "Oh I just happened across this old bust I had and decided to sell it and upgrade it with barrels" Then proceed to bad mouth Martin..

Like I said weird.

It really ruined the enjoyment I have of owning his items. :(

I like his work and just order the stuff and they ship it. Where do you hear all of this stuff from? I don't want to get caught up in any fueding with people that provide me with gems in my collection. Of course, I'll bust balls on these boards like a mad man but I don't like getting personal with the talent. Just keep producing quality stuff and take my money.

I like his work and just order the stuff and they ship it. Where do you hear all of this stuff from? I don't want to get caught up in any fueding with people that provide me with gems in my collection. Of course, I'll bust balls on these boards like a mad man but I don't like getting personal with the talent. Just keep producing quality stuff and take my money.

"First hand" is where I get the stuff from and reading his Facebook page.. He deleted an entire disagreement we had about the other guy making sharks.. He was very insulting towards the other guy and myself.. I was a longtime supporter and use to push Mike's stuff. But I am done with him.

Having said that. I am not trying to get you to stop buying from him. I don't expect anyone to. I would say for the most part people are happy with his items. I happen to like Martin's stuff a bit better and was willing to defend his work.. That was an issue for Mike.

Oh well. Enjoy what you collect and don't worry about what I have to say.

Last edited:
Just got my kit back from being painted by a buddy. I am really happy with this thing, definitely a great representation of Bruce. Sorry the pictures are sideways..

20180914_233249.jpg

20180914_233133.jpg

IMG_20180914_235628_848.jpg

Back