'Jaws' Actor Scheider Dies at 75

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 2010 is the only movie I fully watched with him in it. Plus some Seaquest. Didn't realize he was that old. I don't think I've even seen Jaws, believe it or not.

this is terrible news... he was always one of my favorite B list actors. i just watched the punisher on blu ray the other week and realized that he looked great for being in his 60's but i had no idea that he was almost pushing 80

Recently, he played a serial killer on LAW AND ORDER CRIMINAL INTENT and was completely rivetting. He will be missed.

What more can I add.

He was a hero to me when I saw JAWS at age 14. His perfomance as Brody was a catharsis in my young life, both funny and endearing, and brave. A scared man trying to overcome his fears, and facing a great and unsurmountable horror that was beyond the control of the "experts", a True Dragonslayer, all to protect the lives of others. And in that, he showed in story form, that we can all face and overcome our fears. That's the stuff of legend. A great role. One of many.

His other performances, his style, his voice, that twinkle in his eye, all part of my history. He was like family.

He will be missed.

Thanks Roy. :rock

Just read this. Very sad news. Will have to watch Jaws this week. So many great lines in that move and he was fantastic as well.

I met him in Houston in 1988 on the set of a film he was shooting there (Cohen & Tate). He was extremely nice and took time to sign an autograph and take a picture with me. They're somewhere at my parents. I'll have to dig them up next time I'm down there.

He really seemed like a class act, which makes it all the sadder to lose someone of his caliber in the business. Too many stars are full of themselves and become distant from the rest of the population, but the great ones always play down the popularity of their performances and always speak with joy at being able to do what they do and to the fans for their love and support.

This is sad. I ALWAYS really liked Roy Scheider. :monkey2

You will be missed....

Let us remember Roy in the way he touched many of our hearts and imaginations.

WTHUMB.jpg

Downloadable Desktop Wallpaper

Widescreen:
1920 x 1200
1600 x 1000
1440 x 900
1344 x 840
1280 x 800

Fullscreen:
1600 x 1280
1280 x 1024
1024 x 768