Jason Part 4- my new obsession

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oktoberkurganuary ???

Seems like the greatest month ever !!!!!

And this is my thread..so.....

MEDIEVAL F'N KURGAN !!!!

Shai Hulud said:
DouglasMcc,first I gotta say,I'm really not offended by your post and I find it rather understandable.Owning 5 figures of the same character is quite ridiculous...and just imagine trying to explain this to a person outside this hobby,who doesnt collect...

However,heres my point...When I first bought this figure like 5 years ago,I bought only one.I had bought him and the first classic Freddy together at a local retailer.First I gotta say,I only buy my figures to open them.I have never been a MISB collector.In fact, I think its completely stupid to buy a figure only to keep in a box.To think they are collectors whose entire collection are still in their boxes is quite ridiculous for me.But still, I understand those kinda collectors and i'm not talking about the flippers.Now back to Jason, I was really enjoying this figure,kept showing it to my brother,my girlfriends ect...been putting the mask on and off,trying to find a way to display it.Then one day.....the horror !!!!! After removing his mask for the 100th time, I noticed their was a big,giant paint rub on his nose.My glorious,beautiful,holy grail wasnt a mint figure anymore !!!! And I didnt want to paint it to cover the scratch..for me ,it wasnt a perfect figure anymore.The next day,I went to the same store and bought another one and gave my old one to my brother,who sometimes collect.I opened this one also.But,this time, I quickly place the new one in a glass cabinet and never played with it again.

So in retrospect,I think,this moment really defined me as to what kinda of collector I would become.Over the years,I learned that the strap of the mask from this figure also get loose if the mask is worn to much.So,I bought another one to keep sealed just in case the one I got had a accident or something.The same goes to classic Freddy also,whose figure after you put his hat on will automaticaly have paint rubs on his head.This one,I bought a double also and never put the hat on.But thats it.

But the Jason part 3, figure is my all time favorite.And I consider it a masterpiece of a figure.So yes,over time I bought 5 of him and sold a couple ones also (always at retail or below).But for me its kinda of an insurance that I will have a mint Jason part 3 to enjoy for all my life.

Hope you understand more my point of view.Being selfish is really not want I aspire to be and dont want to sound like one. And By the way,I sold a complete mint Jason part 3 figure with box a couple weeks ago to Bannister for 30$....Try finding a deal like that anywhere....

Hey, and thanks John for your posts here.:rock :rock :rock :rock

And Douglas,I know its not ''normal'' to have 5 figures of the same character...but like I said in the title of the thread,its an obsession.:lol

:peace
Whatever shai. Quit trying to justify your horrible selfish need to own every Jason Part 3 ever produced. The collecting world will never forgive you for this blatant selfishness, no matter how you try to spin it. You probably don't even have a brother.:D Everyone here knows you have 5 Jason part 3's for each of your 5 fingers of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bannister said:
Whatever shai. Quit trying to justify your horrible selfish need to own every Jason Part 3 ever produced. The collecting world will never forgive you for this blatant selfishness, no matter how you try to spin it. You probably don't even have a brother.:D Everyone here knows you have 5 Jason part threes for each of your fingers of Doom!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Shai Hulud said:
First I gotta say,I only buy my figures to open them.I have never been a MISB collector.In fact, I think its completely stupid to buy a figure only to keep in a box.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 I HATE YOU!!!!

And Douglas,I know its not ''normal'' to have 5 figures of the same character...but like I said in the title of the thread,its an obsession.:lol

:peace

Yes it is. I have 4 Demon Dogs and I have the hardest time letting one go even if they go for $300 each. I even offered Michel Gagne at SDCC for $400 or trade his AP for one of mine. Heck, I would not even give one to my wife even though she loves bunnies so much. It is just an obsession really. :D

i have (7) patient zeros and (6) subject 5 figures.......i love me zombies

By the way,there is a guy on the bay called ralphd410 who some years ago bought something like 15 Jason part 3 in like 3 months !!! Every auction was win by him at the time.I once emailed him out of curiosity and ask him why he needed all those.He said to me that he loved the character and that one day,those figures would be worth a lot.He sometimes still bid on modern horror ex figures.Anyway...point is,I might be obsess,but there are some who are just crazy....:lol :lol :lol

I think the bottom line is this, it's his money and he can do what he wants with it, even if there was only 5 Jason's made and paid 20,000 each for all of them, it doesn't really matter. He's not doing anything underhanded. I honestly don't understand why one would want 5 Jason part 3's but It doesn't matter if I or anyone else gets it.

carbo-fation said:
:rotfl I think as long as Shai keeps his fingers away from the figures, he can have as many as he wants!!:D
Having learned the power of the fingers of doom, I now have a new appreciation for the figures I recieved from Shai, for they have been "touched." On a side note, what is the best way of sterilizing a 1/6th figure?

Bannister said:
Having learned the power of the fingers of doom, I now have a new appreciation for the figures I recieved from Shai, for they have been "touched." On a side note, what is the best way of sterilizing a 1/6th figure?

:monkey3 :rock :monkey3

Back