JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Custom JAMES BOND THREAD

bondsp.jpg
Just got the set in. The head appears smaller than the original release (doesn't have that puffy look) and has a much better paint application and is not too dark like the first was. The shirt, watch and gun are crap but the rest is workable. Since I only bought it for the head, pants and shoulder holster the rest doesn't matter to me. I wanted those pieces in order to finish a Spectre look with my Modern Life head. I'll kitbash the eleven head with a different look.

I still like it and I'm surprised it was never bootlegged. If the new Eleven is smaller then the original must have been massive!

That bash does not use the provided shirt. Anyone who manages to get that shirt on a body deserves a lot of credit. I didn't even attempt it. It looks like a 1/6 child's shirt.

I still like it and I'm surprised it was never bootlegged.

No reason to be surprised. The factory (or factories) producing 11 sculpts are the same ones who bootleg other sculpts. Like they don't want to bite the hand as there's a long-time relationship there.

I was talking about the Modern Life sculpt. How that escaped being recast I'll never know.

Likely price and availability are two factors. The big recasters seem to operate primarily off availability, which is why you see more recasts of sculpts that have been through some type of production in China - like MJ Choi's various sculpts. Plus, how many Craig sculpts are needed at one time?

Smaller guys like painters who scam on the side are more opportunistic, but nothing compared to the guys supplying Kit with hundreds of knock-offs at a time.

Some of the ML sculpts did get recast though I'm not sure what the circumstances were. Still there's that new Blackbox one to consider....

what do you mean?Bbkill's Connery recast is for long time in ebay.

Last edited:

I think MJ Choi made a deal with a recaster. Both his McClane and Ford got recast soon after his runs were complete.

But then strangely, Jnix sculpts have not been recast -- and there's a lot more of them out there. You'd think we would have seen his original Han by now.

He's a doll re-painter - Mattel, etc.

he's done repaints of action figures and statues as well, i've seen repaints of michael jackson ("thriller" and "bad" editions) and angelina jolie ("maleficent") on his website.

so far the best i've seen of all the painters -- and there are lots of excellent artists out there ... but his commission rates are accordingly "outstanding" ... though in all fairness, they seem to cover a complete rework of a doll, so i cannot say anything about a headsculpt-only paint job. but he's got mad skills, that much is certain.

noel cruz website

I think MJ Choi made a deal with a recaster. Both his McClane and Ford got recast soon after his runs were complete.

But then strangely, Jnix sculpts have not been recast -- and there's a lot more of them out there. You'd think we would have seen his original Han by now.

Interesting, though not illogical if he gets a cut. Fair play if that is the deal. More for us! Just hope his Indy gets turned into Deckard next.

re: Noel Cruz

he's done repaints of action figures and statues as well,

I've only seen his repaint of HT's Leia and it wasn't very good - much worse than HT's original paint and he absolutely destroyed the likeness in the sculpt. All the others I've seen, including the Maleficent, were of Hasbro-like dolls. IMO, he's talented at what he does with Mattel and other flat, almost featureless figures, but he doesn't hold a candle next to the best figure painters in the hobby. Not even remotely close and doubtful anyone will do a double-take thinking one of his heads is a photo of the actual actor.

I'm pretty confident it's because of how/where Choi's sculpts were made/completed.

Jnix's Damon got recasted almost instantly
Not sure what the deal with han and Luke though I assume them eventually

Probably. If MJ did cut a deal where he got a slice, I suspect he may have done so after he'd recouped on the original runs he did. Maybe Jnix could do likewise, would be a less bitter pill to swallow than just a straight rip off.

The people running these re-casts aren't in the business of sharing profits or giving artists a cut. If they were, then they'd be hiring the artists in the first place because it's a lot cheaper to just pay someone $800 to $2000 for a sculpt up front.

My Daniel Craig set from 1/6 Kit arrived. Nice set, although with the tight fitting shirt I think it needs a bigger, buffer body to do it justice. I'm using a Hot Toys TTM19 body (the one that came with the Jake Gylenhall head). Anyone have a recommendation for a better fitting replacement body?

IMG_5391.JPGIMG_5392.JPG

Back