JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Congrats on a very clean and realistic looking Bond figure! Were you just curious if you could pull off a very nice Craig in a tux, without being interested in the actual subject matter?

Oh don't get me wrong, I love this figure. I had the DID Agent Jack since it came out because I liked Craig as bond. The new Head sculpt I bought when it first came out just recently to give the figure a much needed update. But with a baby on the way I have to down grade my collection. It's either my movie figures or my Marvel figures. Since my movie figures are fewer in number, I had to go with that. 😕

Thread died because craig is pussying out and bond will die with hiddleston if the rumors go through.

Craig surprised me, and I remember thinking WTF when he was first cast as Bond. Now he's my favorite Bond.
I do disagree though that Bond franchise will be in trouble if Hiddleston is the next Bond.
The guy oozes charm and and the fans go crazy whenever he does any promotions with Marvel.

I personally think the Bond stock would go up.

It's all rumour right now as to who the next Bond will be. DC feels he's had his time and maybe he's right, he's had a good innings and did more for the franchise than Moore ever did. We will never know how Bond would have worked out had Remington Steele not gone beyond the pilot and Brosnan had taken over instead of Dalton......

Hiddleston just isn't Bond, nothing about his look or the personalities of characters he portrays shouts out he should follow Craig. It's O.H.M.S.S. all over again where you get a good 2-part story and have two different actors portraying Bond.

Huddleston wouldn't be my choice, but I screamed choosing Craig as Bond was a horrible choice and he turned out just great!

The truth is, it doesn't matter who the actor is. They might as well give the part to a donkey, so long as the story is great...

I'm surprised people didn't like the choice of Craig (back when it was made). When watching LayerCake it seemed that Craig would be great. I'm less convinced about Hiddleston. He was solid in the Night Manager, which does have some Bond like qualities. But I'd think he'd be more like Moore than Craig or Connery. Henry Cavill seems like an obvious choice, but he's got Superman already so it's probably a no-go.

Hiddleston has already been debunked by Mendes who said he and the other speculated guys are no where near close to being considered for the part. It's just fanboy specilation gone too far.

The only guy who is in the conversation for real currently is Jamie bell I think his name is. He is the guy who played Ben grim in the new fantastic four he's only 31 or something.

He's been spotted meeting with Barbara broccoli.

Thank God. Maybe he would've been the surprise that Craig was... but probably not

Craig will be missed. I think he has at least another movie in him.

It's all rumour right now as to who the next Bond will be. DC feels he's had his time and maybe he's right, he's had a good innings and did more for the franchise than Moore ever did. We will never know how Bond would have worked out had Remington Steele not gone beyond the pilot and Brosnan had taken over instead of Dalton......

Then again, if Dalton had been able to accept the role when it was offered pre-Brosnan, Dalton wouldn't have been looked at as second best.

And I would take what Mendes has said as gospel, as he isn't involved in casting fro the next film. Of the names being thrown around by the press, the best one, I think, is Aidan Turner. As for Craig, I never liked him as Bond until Spectre (I didn't see anything even remotely Bondian in his performances), but I don't see any way forward for his Bond after Spectre. Over 4 films, they have sketchily filled in his backstory (which I don't think needed to be done), and brought back Blofeld, it's time to let someone else take over with a classy Spy Thriller Bond film. Something along the lines of a modern FRWL & TLD.

Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that Dalton was offered it previously. You do wonder then if Brosnan would have ever been in the frame had Dalton taken it then. Alas we will never know.....

Brosnan still might have been in with a chance in the 1990's. I can't imagine Dalton staying around longer than 4 films, so assuming that there were no interruptions between films, Dalton could have made his 4 between 1987 - 1993. There wouldn't be the 6 year gap, and as much pressure on Brosnan's first film.

True,

It's difficult to say how Bond will do in the future, the Craig films did well enough, but, that genre has grown considerably and those movies have had a lot of competition. People seem to want their crime fighters in brightly coloured suits rather than Savile Row these days. Spy thrillers tend to be more cerebral these days, which is probably more true to life.

I remember hearing that Henry Cavill was very interested in the part. I can certainly see him being successful in the roll.

I can't imagine Cavill being cast now, isn't he tied up with the DCU? I doubt EON would want Bond to also be Superman.

does anyone know if there are any updates on that Blackbox Toys Craig that was announced a few months ago?

Back