JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

Wow guys, your praise is truely, truely meaningful to me. So grateful for all the kind words and so greatful to finally have a figure that does justice to the character that made me want to start collecting 1/6 in the first place.

The tux is the toys city tux with an added pocket square and modded magnetic closure on a coulson body with MIB hands and a DID Walter PPK, the shoes which you can't see is Pop toys and I have to be honest that I went tux crazy when we got that wave of options so the shirt and bow tie could be DID, toys city, ZCWO or iminime.

Ask and you shall recive! I'll take some pictures of my Craig, Brosnen and Connery together soon!

That's very good, it puts the Sideshow ones to shame. But the lack of Dalton love is upsetting. Has nobody made a custom Dalton figure?

Thanks man! Dalton will eventually be tackled by someone like BBkill I'm sure, but as it stands Moore still needs the love first and Connery JUST got it which is the real travesty. As one of the most iconic pop culture characters of all time i should have a dozen of heads to choose from. This head which finally hits it on the mark is only the third since SS' head. Ever... including all customizers and crappy asian knock off sets... there's been none while craig has had about 20.

I think it's the general lack of Bond love that's upsetting when you can find something like any variation of Rick Grimes hair/beard from at least three different sculptors.

At least BBkill and inigou have come to the rescue after all these years.

Thanks man! Dalton will eventually be tackled by someone like BBkill I'm sure, but as it stands Moore still needs the love first and Connery JUST got it which is the real travesty. As one of the most iconic pop culture characters of all time i should have a dozen of heads to choose from. This head which finally hits it on the mark is only the third since SS' head. Ever... including all customizers and crappy asian knock off sets... there's been none while craig has had about 20.

I think it's the general lack of Bond love that's upsetting when you can find something like any variation of Rick Grimes hair/beard from at least three different sculptors.

At least BBkill and inigou have come to the rescue after all these years.

If I recall correctly, BBKill has said he intends to make 'em all at one point or another. Though we could push it a little and contact them and see if we can pay for a run collectively? I'd be in for a couple Moores, Daltons, and Lazenbys, even.

I've never gotten the concept of having a Dexter, or Walter White, or Grimes for that matter - they're popular, sure, but do they really stand the test of time? I think it's pretty guaranteed that Bond will, while the others will disappear eventually. BUT that said, sculptors are going to make what sells - and, despite our love for these characters, the flavor of the week is what sells.

That's why I've been such a big supporter of Nanjin with his Trek figure movement. I'm sure on their own, the sculptors wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole, but with his pushing there's some FANTASTIC stuff being made. If only we could be so forceful with Bond!

OH, and I haven't said yet how wonderful your paintup is, I'm going to go back and mod my eyebrows and see if I can get them anywhere near as good as yours. One question, though - where did you get Connery's eye color? I was looking through screen shots and was convinced they were brown/hazel colored.

Hey everyone! It's my first post in this thread and I just wanted to share my latest kitbash of Bond.

Imo Skyfall is one of the greatest movies of all time :)

ba0ef290b4aab5af084b6ab9b5fde6fa.jpg

045d81dce7a2b61b3ff2bb3721ed90fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow guys, your praise is truely, truely meaningful to me. So grateful for all the kind words and so greatful to finally have a figure that does justice to the character that made me want to start collecting 1/6 in the first place.

The tux is the toys city tux with an added pocket square and modded magnetic closure on a coulson body with MIB hands and a DID Walter PPK, the shoes which you can't see is Pop toys and I have to be honest that I went tux crazy when we got that wave of options so the shirt and bow tie could be DID, toys city, ZCWO or iminime.

It's a knockout, Ray! You should be proud.

As Promised more pictures of my painted Connery...

That may be one of the single greatest 1/6th scale figures I've ever seen. Absolutely magnificent work. I guess it's because, like you said, there's been an absolute dearth of Bond in this hobby, over the years, but, if ever there was an example of "jaw dropping" work, this is it.

That is indeed the ONLY and I really do mean ONLY connery Bond that I have ever seen that has done him justice.

Ray, your paint up is magnificent. So is yours, Jabba. I really haven't seen any bad apps. It's just a testament to bbkill's sculpt.

My Dr. No Bond

The head is from bbkill (naturally) painted by my brother, Indiana. And, yes, the face is too shiny and will be adjusted later. The tuxedo is by Toys City (with Very Cool bow tie) on a Coo Model tall, narrow shoulder body. The shoes are from Hot Toys' Wolverine. The pistol is a Walther PP by Dragon.

Bbkil Bond pretty much finished will get better pics tomorrow

33df213aadaadf035c4794e08152e8bd.jpg

13a5660ca2a0886078ff2b7fa1004763.jpg

2a4c8975e28d2ac55348233df76be43e.jpg

5a737496c5d7b3d5ad043fcb6522468b.jpg

867d4e8378d062f4952980d3059c7255.jpg

Last edited:

Shmashing paint job Jake!! The eyebrows look great, the right amount of bushy yet subtle.

Also loving seeing the rest of these guys come together, mr. Fusion, mightyjabba ,the captn etc. All good stuff. This is Connery's day!

Back