JAMES BOND - Original creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: OFFICIAL JAMES BOND THREAD

I'm loving the ski shots! Just over a year ago I started down the 1/6 hobby again specifically looking to create a skiing custom. Now here we are and I have a bunch of Hot Toys, Sideshow and a room jammed with shelving, but I have yet to complete my skier.

My plan is a modern skier, so I have helmet, wide and shaped skis (action man), balaclava, gloved hands, ski boots (HT new goblin) and a few other odds and ends like clothing that needs to be dyed. The best ski-like jacket I found has a desert camo print on it. I even have braze tubing and the premo sculpy kicking around here to make poles and bindings. Now I need to find the time.

Really awesome pics. PA is a good source for custom clothes.

I'm loving the ski shots! Just over a year ago I started down the 1/6 hobby again specifically looking to create a skiing custom. Now here we are and I have a bunch of Hot Toys, Sideshow and a room jammed with shelving, but I have yet to complete my skier.

My plan is a modern skier, so I have helmet, wide and shaped skis (action man), balaclava, gloved hands, ski boots (HT new goblin) and a few other odds and ends like clothing that needs to be dyed. The best ski-like jacket I found has a desert camo print on it. I even have braze tubing and the premo sculpy kicking around here to make poles and bindings. Now I need to find the time.

The Green Goblin boots really struck me as perfect specimens for modern ski boots. Since I started looking for parts for my project, I ended up buying stuff by trial and error for the perfect ski pieces, with Barbie, Action Man, Joes of course, Max Steel and even 1/4th scale ski gear for a Princess Diana doll, but my biggest problem was my ski accessories needing to be vintage 1969, or rather 1968 since the original movie ski gear were from that year, which is why I eventually had no choice but to build from scratch.

For poles, I suggest the walking sticks that came with the Hot Toys Mountain Ops set, though I think you'd be able to cannibalize only the handles to make decent ski sticks, then of course the hobby poles or rods you mentioned.

Thanks peeps for your compliments since I wanted to share my figure with Bond fans.

Very strange, I can see the pictures. I will try another way

Can you see these pictures?

c1fb73835fd9272531f9aa19f4880265_zps18571fc7.jpg

5c873435e5e8bb64161602836cd84440_zps1f557d13.jpg

If that's the gun they sometimes show Connery with, you do realise it's only a starter pistol!? It'd make a nice bang, but that's about it!

If that's the gun they sometimes show Connery with, you do realise it's only a starter pistol!? It'd make a nice bang, but that's about it!

Yeh I know the walther Lp53 is an air pistol. I got it due to replicating the movie posters for my figure. I know the photographer at the time handed it to him as they thought it would make a great picture, which I think it does. I think it fits the posters really well.

I have no beef on detail as I'm not a big Bond fan. I just like the Craig films (Well, two out of three anyway), so it just has to look 'right' to me. Got 'Jack' this week and do love it. He's got slightly wonky eyes but so do I so am not going to punish him for that.

Do I look like I give a damn? by gibbspaulus, on Flickr

Yeh I know the walther Lp53 is an air pistol. I got it due to replicating the movie posters for my figure. I know the photographer at the time handed it to him as they thought it would make a great picture, which I think it does. I think it fits the posters really well.

That's cool,

If you really want the look then it's the way to go.

I have no beef on detail as I'm not a big Bond fan. I just like the Craig films (Well, two out of three anyway), so it just has to look 'right' to me. Got 'Jack' this week and do love it. He's got slightly wonky eyes but so do I so am not going to punish him for that.

Looking good,

Jack would be my head of choice too, but, I'm not paying over £40 for one. Collectable Kitbash will be cheaper, and they're in the UK, I just have to wait for them to get some in....... and I'm still waiting.......

Sadly my plans for the blue trunks shot are shot down in flames as he very clearly has a neck! Hard to pop him on a textured body now!

If you want to make a 'blue trunks' figure, the first BBKill Craig head doesn't have a neck and is still a pretty decent head.

Very strange, I can see the pictures. I will try another way

Can you see these pictures?

c1fb73835fd9272531f9aa19f4880265_zps18571fc7.jpg

5c873435e5e8bb64161602836cd84440_zps1f557d13.jpg

Very nice! What material was used. I wish Sideshow would have included this with their PF and 12" Connerys.

Here's a teaser of my custom Dr. No James Bond along with Ben's From Russia with Love Bond.

Here's a teaser of my custom Dr. No James Bond along with Ben's From Russia with Love Bond.

Sorry-which scoulp is used for "from russia"?Could you give please more pics of it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Back